What is going on with SOB?

Monkey Joe

I for one can't wait to ride it when it reopens. I'm curious to know if all this work will make a difference. I still alot of the roughness with SOB has to do with the trains. If only they would get new trains. I'm afraid that the trains is going to tear up the retracking quicky.

Does anyone know if it will re-open this year. I am actually hoping so, so i can ride it and see if the track is any better.

The sign in fornt of the entrence said that it will not open till late spring. I think it will open on Memoral Day I think because that is late sprin and that is when the trians open is May 20. As long is Boomerang Bay is opening up for the season.

The crane is gone by the first hill of the Son of Beast and a mantince taking a smoke brek I was hoping he set the track on fire. BTW the tarps are going away. it is only a matter of time before it opens.

The tarps where still up today.

Harvestofyoursorrow, you mean the right turn into the rosebowl? They have added some new wood to the structure over by the rosebowl that you can clearly see when riding Adventure Express. Yes, some of the tarps have dissapeared, but I`m sure they still have a lot of work left to do on it. They haven`t even put the trains on the track yet. Once that happens, they still have to test it and get it inspected by the state.

they are doing some re-tracking to make the ride smoother.

Thank god! That's the roughest coaster I've ever been on. In fact, I've ridden a lot of coasters all over this fine country and that's the only coaster that's physically hurt me. I couldn't walk right for weeks. I haven't been on Mission to Mars yet.

I know, I know... Wah! Son of Beast beat me up. Wahhhh! biggrin.gif

The smoothest seat by far is the middle row of the back car.

The fronts of the car are actually quite a bit rougher than the middle seats.

From my experience, the most intense seat on the entire ride is the front row of the fourth car.

Ironically, the back seat of the back car is not all that bad.

Hopefully, once it reopens, all the seats will be just grand.

Wonder if they are making any changes to the trains again?

I agree with you on that because why keep the ride closed the last couple weeks of last season and now its not opening until mid-late May this season. Something has to be done with those trains and the track which is what they are doing now. The FOF was fixed with the restraints on that so could this be done on SOB with the trains at all??? dry.gif

The trains are a wee bit small for us tall people. I think it adds a little more "out-of-control" feeling to the ride experience; like you can fall out at any moment. SOB is the ultimate challenge to coasterphobes. The re-tracking/banking will make it smoother, I guess, but SOB is still the baddest woodie in the world. Period! cool.gif