How was PKI 4/22.

PKIVortex

Yes, both Face Off and Delirium were up today. Thanks to my Gold Pass, I avoided the absurdly long lines of people waiting for the metal detectors to open and was able to go through the gold pass early ride time metal detectors on the side. I got a ride on Face Off before the park opened at ten. They need to reconsider the opening the gates at ten or even ten minutes before hand. The park was not crowded at 9:45 when I arrived this morning, but the entry plaza was a mess. The lines stretched all the way back past the flag poles and back to the picni umbrellas outside the season pass booths!

Delirium did not open right at ten, but I had seen it testing while waiting to board Face Off. So after a quick ride on Top Gun and Drop Zone, it had opened. Delirium is running making four full height swings. It still seems to take a while to "center" the gondola so that the floor will raise.

Also of note in Nuck Universe. Blue`s Skidoo and La Aventura De Azul were both open, sporting brand new cars from their previous incarnations in HBL. Some general work continued from the last week, like some theming elements added to the Nick Go Round and other areas. Also, the framework for a canopy to shade the Avatar loading and exit area has appeared.

They need to reconsider the opening the gates at ten or even ten minutes before hand. The park was not crowded at 9:45 when I arrived this morning, but the entry plaza was a mess. The lines stretched all the way back past the flag poles and back to the picni umbrellas outside the season pass booths!

Why is it that I and several others have pointed out that there is a reason that the park has opened at 9am but the powers that currently be do not understand what should be a very, very, very simple premise.

Well, I think they understand it, just they have some insane idea why not to do it the common sense way! I wouldn`t be surprised if once the sale of the parks is completed and a new owner takes over if they revert back to opening the gates at 9am and the park at ten.

It has been kind of strange to be at the park three times this year, and never once entering via the main gate thanks to my Gold Pass and ACE card!

I spent most of the day at the park, from open to close, but taking off in between for the UC Spring Football game.

I had the ACE Walkback at 9:45, and got the chance to do most everything. I did Delirium after an estimated 30 minute wait, my first ride on it this year. I didn't get to ride Face/Off or Drop Zone, but knowing that they broke down today, I didn't miss much. I ended up closing the day on the last train on Beast tonight, as I had the first Beast train of the day as well.

I rode Avatar again, and was in line with people wondering "What's this doing in the Kids' area?" Also, got to see the Azul trains and Blue's Skiddoo completed. I'd be shocked if PKI didn't get the award for best Kids area this year.

Overall, things are still good at PKI - in many ways, it doesn't feel like a park that's for sale. Yes, the "No Entry 'til 10" way sucks, and no SOB or Train is also a downer, but not too much else is different from before.

I went out today and had a great time I'll have a trip report later.

also the price for Sling Shot rose during the middle of the day. Did anyone else notice that too?

Yeah it started at $10, I walked past a little later and it said $15 and then even later on it was the Ultimate Special: The Regular $20. At first I thought my eyes were playing tricks on me until I saw the $20 and realized it was going up.

Actually, the price for Slingshot at 10:30 in the morning was just $5 a person. They are using the old addage of supply and demand. Lower prices when demand is light, but once they get a higher demand, they can charge higher prices.

The Funtastic World of Hanna Barbera has not been open any time I`ve been at the park (last Saturday and Sunday and again yesterday). I`m not sure if it is just staffing related or if something else is going on.

The Avatar started having problems around 6:30 or so , Once again the bridge to get passengers off and on was stuck in the downward position. We had to wait for maintance. The staff for the ride was wonderful, all were positive, friendly and upbeat. thumbsupsmileyanim.gif

Why don't they just have the one on one side and the one on the other side?

LOL. They do. It would take quite awhile if they switched the rides out all together. I think for staffing issues they are running one side for 1/2 a day, and the other 1/2 the rest of the day. Probably by daily operation they will be running both sides all day.