4/22

Delirium13

I got out to the park for my first time yesterday and had a great time!

Me and a friend got droopped off at about 2-ish and went to get our season passes processed. Luckily not many people were there so we only had to wait for about 5 minutes. I was surprsed when they just handed me a season pass had me sign it and that was that, no more picture on the season passes I guess, not that it makes a huge difference but anyways.

When we got into the park I did notice the louder music, which I liked, and we headed over to Action Zone to see if Delerium was running but it was closed at the time so we headed over to Face/Off which was also closed. We decided to go to The Beast and had to wait maybe 30 minutes, The Beast is always a great ride and wasn't any different today. We then headed to Vortex, the line was out of the station but the wait was almost 10 minutes, another great ride and it was actually pretty smooth. We stopped at Adventure Express since we were passing it, I hadn't ridden it in a few years and it was fun but the ride pretty jerky and a little rough. Next was Top Gun, about a 20 minute wait, this time around we had just an ok ride, we rode it twice yesterday. While leaving Top Gun, we noticed that Delirium was open so we got into the line and waited about 30 minutes, when we got on I was expecting it to be like it was when they got it running last year, which wasn't that exciting, but I was wrong. From the ride I got yestarday I think it's safe to say that the Delirium of 2003 that we all know and love is back.

After Delirium we went and got some Skyline and then headed over to Tomb Raider. a little over a 30 minute wait, but I think it seemed longer because they were just putting people right into the chamber right before the actual ride. Once again a fun ride except when they hang you over the "lava" for more than one reason. We went over to Top Gun again, it could've been a walk on but we wanted to ride in the very front so we waited about 3 trains. Top Gun is so much better when you ride in the very front, I love it. We walked through NU it looks great I didn't even recognize the place. But I couldn't convince my friend that Avatar would be a good ride so I didn't get to ride, but I'll get on it next time probably. We headed towards the Action FX Theater for the Funtastic Hanna Barbera thing. It wasn't bad but I think the motion from the seats wasn't as good as it could've been. Our last ride of the evening was Vortex we rode closer towards the back so we got good airtime on the first hill, but it seemed a bit rougher this time around.

I had a great time at the park, and from what I could see the park was spotless with no trash on the ground, the employees were doing a great job, and I didn't notice any cost-cutting, except for the train and Top Gun looks bad. One other thing I noticed was that the speakers, not just for the music, but the speakers that spiels come out of and the employees talk over for the ride were a lot louder I like the music louder but I wasn't to crazy about that. But other than that I just wanted to say thanks to the employees for making my day enjoyable and I can't wait to go out again.

Edit: Blue's Skidoo is open and I think the Spongebob water thing is finished. And the only things closed yesterday were Face/Off, Delerium (which reopened), and Son of Beast of course.

Edited by Delirium13