CP or HW?

Alright. Heres the deal:

Im currently planning a senior trip for my fellow members of the Walnut Hills Steelband (since our trip got cancelled) Schedualed date is May 23-early 24th since thats the only time slot we have to work with...So far so good, but here comes the dilema: which park to visit? On one hand theres the infamouse Cedar Point which I have visited twice before (and loved every second of). On the other hand, for a cheaper admission, and an hour closer we have Holiday World; home to 3 world class woodies. Only problem I see is lack of rides once were done with Legend, Raven, and Voyage. Then again Im no expert on Holiday World. Some of you are on the other hand, which is why I turn to this forum. So which makes a better trip for a 6 or 7 person group?

I say go to Cedar Point. LOL. Or it may be nice to go to HW, try something you never done before. Correct me if i'm wrong, but I thought HW had quite a few rides. Maybe you should check out HW's website, to help you better plan your trip. Good Luck.

So far, things are pointing towards HW...I'll have to bring up that I never even concidered GL. It doesnt take too long to do everything there if I heard right, and I've always wanted to ride a flyer and a floorless. On the other hand, HW is home of 3 world class woodies...Exactly how cheap are we talking for GL admission?

And yes, Im from Walnut. Even though 06 is the laziest senior class ever. We havent even planned our prank yet dry.gif

Edit: Just checked the GL site. Apparently they're still closed on weekdays at that point. Pity, since admission is only $25

there are maybe a third the number of rides at holiday world, but they are pretty good.

you have a nice selection of spinning rides, water rides (more than Cedar Point), a free admission waterpark, world class coasters, fun for everyone.

Spin-

-Spider (36" 42")

-Revolution (42")

-Eagles (36")

-Scrambler (36" 42")

Water-

-Frightful Falls Log Flume (36" 42")

-Raging Rapids in Boulder Canyon (36")

-Thunder Bumpers in Chesapeake Bay (42" 48")

Coasters-

-Raven Wooden Roller Coaster (1995) (48")

-Howler Family Roller Coaster (1999) (36" 42")

-Legend Wooden Roller Coaster (2000) (48")

-Voyage Wooden Roller Coaster (2006) (48") (NEW)

Thrill-

-Liberty Launch Double Shot Tower (48")

-HallowSwings Flying Carousel (48")

Tame-

-Lewis and Clark Trail Antique Cars (42" alone)

-Rough Riders Dogem Ride (42" 48")

-The Freedom Train (no height)

-The Doggone Trail Jeeps (42" alone)

-Holidog's Treehouse Towers and Slides (no height)

-Gobbler Getaway (36" 48") (NEW)

Children (under 54")-

-Salmon Run

-Indian River

-Thunder Bumper's Junior

-Airplanes

-Rockets

-Seahorses

-Merry-go-Round

-Kids Castle Play Structure

Splashin' Safari

-AmaZOOM (42")

-Bamboo Chute (RENNOVATED) (36"42")

-Congo River (no)

-the Wave (no)

-Otorongo (42" 48")

-Watubee (36" 42")

-Monsoon Lagoon Play Structure (no)

-ZOOMbabwe (#2 Waterslide) (36"42")

-Zinga (#3 Waterslide) (42" 48")

-Crocodile Isle (under 54")

-Jungle Racer (42")

-Jungle Jets (no)

-Bahari Giant Wave Pool (no)

Bahari Action River (NEW) (no)

FREE:

-DRINKS

-SUNSCREEN

-PARKING

-INNER TUBES

And yes, Im from Walnut. Even though 06 is the laziest senior class ever. We havent even planned our prank yet dry.gif

*Gasp* Now you guys got to bask in the glory of our senior class prank? I gotta admit- nailing the tables to the roof and attacking everyone in the lunchroom with water balloons dressed as stormtroopers was an awesome idea. Too bad they almost cancelled our senior breakfast because of that...

And yeah, I beg to differ about your class being lazy. If memory serves me correctly, didn't you have Nat as your president? you guys got stuff done, and you got junior/senior shirts for you class that didn't look like some homeless grafitti person did them.

But once again, I reiterate: I doubt that you will get the funding to do this trip. The fine arts trips and the trips to Italy were strictly educational. The school doesn't like to put out money for this kind of thing. You're better off scheduling a trip with your friends, like I did.

This topic is about HW and CP, not Walnut. That should be PMs.

Anyways, I'd say HW. I had a much enjoyable time there than my trip to CP. The staff rocks, free Dew, awesome wood coasters, a much more laid back atmosphere.

Well, it is technically a Walnut trip, so it's still in context.

Dont worry about fundings, this isnt on the school. Just some seniors from the band. Unfortunately this means we have to pay, but its a small price to get a trip in this year.

(as a side note about that prank last year, I remember being used as a human shield during the 'bombing'. Still pretty funny seing those tables though...)

I would go to Cedar Point. There is much more to do there than Holiday world and it seems more high tech.

FREE Pepsi!!!!! You couldn't find a friendlier staff anywhere

Golden Ticket....cleanest park

Golden Ticket ....friendliest park

Where else do you see the Vice President of the park greating others at the gate and even picking up trash.

• 2 weeks later...

Bump.

Also, incase we need to stay for 2 days, what hotel? I noticed they listed some on the official site, but none of them displayed any rates etc...Wheres the best deal for a group of 6 or 7?

if you want to rough it, you can bring tents and camp out across from the raven at lake rudolphs campground, or stay in a local motel $36.99/room if i am right. Its not that bad...

admission is 36.95, and if you bring any Pepsi product, or a bunny bread wrapper, you can get a small price cut, during may, its 7 dollars off...

even on the busiest day, you can do everything, and the seatbelts on the coasters are large enough for everyone... rarely are there "turnaways"

Reon, I went to Holiday World for my first time last May. I left here around 7:30 am and got to the park around 10:30 EDT which is 9:30 CDT. Yes, if you go in May, you should have no problem doing everything once. I left the park last year around 6:30 and they closed at eight. I had ridden every major ride at least once, and got about four rides in on Thunder Bumpers, Revolution and Liberty Launch. If you have an ACE membership, you can get into the park for $23.95.

Yeah. I think we'll do HW then>.> No offence to you CP fans, but I did that the last few years..I think its time to visit our OTHER good park in the tristate area....Also, we're on a strict timeline, so we wont have time to enjoy a full 2-day visit to CP, and going to our homepark kind of ruins the whole trip...