What To Bring Back?

indiana1986

Would love to see king cobra back : Great ride: and also would love a very nice dark ride like what the smurfs was maybe a couple dark rides full of animatronics etc.

And yes would love to see flying dutchman , tiques, and the big slide, and yes the flying eagles,

but mostly Love flight commander what a concept Good ride!

Bayern Curve, Der Spinning Kegger, Sky Ride, Hailey's Comet, Tumble Bug, Demon, The Bat, The Enchanted Voyage, Gullivers Tubs, Kenton Cove Kielboat Canal, Wheel of Fortune, Antique Cars, Kobra and others.  <G>

Me too! with Flight Commander, and the Zodiac

Most of those rides you mentioned are fairly inexpensive to buy and run compared to others... They could be recreated with today’s technology and be put in Coney Mall to honor the original Coney Island!

-adam12

Most of those rides you mentioned are fairly inexpensive to buy and run compared to others... They could be recreated with today’s technology and be put in Coney Mall to honor the original Coney Island!

-adam12

The interesting thing is that every one of the rides that have been mentioned are extremely inexpensive to run and were meticulously themed to the areas that they were in.

i would love to see King Cobra come back. It was an ok ride but for America's first stand up coaster it was a heck of a ride. Plus it always had a short line. Trick Track Loop and Helix all while standing up.

And don't forget the gyser in the middle of the helix. <G>

As for the short lines, I can remember times when all the que lines were filled.

And, the exit line was designed to dump ya right into the middle of a merchandise shop. Lord, what great marketing!

WooferBearATL, you are classic PKI...I love it! My top 3 would be...

1. The Bat

2. Enchanted Voyage - Pre Smurfs

3. Gullivers Tubs - my favorite ride as a kid.

As far as later rides, I also thought that Skylab and Flight Commander were great attractions. Sorry to see those go. Was flight Commander sold to another park after the accident? I know that it was closed for an entire season before the removal. Skylab sat in the boneyard for years before it was finally sold.

The "shoe ride" mentioned above was the Flying Dutchman. That ride was removed after the 1990 season and sold to Kentucky Kingdom, where it is still in operation today. The curved part of Adventure Express`s queue line (by the remote control cars) sits on the edge of the Flying Dutchman`s old concrete ride area.

ok most (if not all but FC, Tiques, PT, Smurfs, and the Eagles) of those wee way before my time. haha so i would love to see them back up and running (for The Bat, emphasis on RUNNING lol) but could somebody tell me exactly what WAS gulliver's tubs? ive seen the occasional picture of some of the theming but never the ride itself.

and yeah from the pictures ive seen and my trip to SFKK, i'd say PKI's SkyLab was bigger than SFKK's (but what at Kings Island isnt bigger [and better] than kingdom's? lol)

but yeah i miss the Eagles, Tiques, Smurfs, Phantom Theatre, and Kenton Cove's Keelboat Canal....and i dont remember my only ride on Flight Commander (other than i was little and too scared to have as much fun as i could have xD)

oh and what was sunshine turnpike? *loves to hear about the classics that were gone before ridden*

Woofer... from your post on the previous age, I am nearly embarrased to say that you are speaking of "my day" as well.

NU got it's "Extreme Makeover" this year... a good and inexpensive project that the new owners could do for next year is to Makeover Coney Mall and heavily theme it to the original Coney Island experience.... sprinkled with the new attractions. As mentioned on many of these posts... the cost of these flats are relatively inexpensive as far as attractions go. It would be a "hoot" if they would re-construct the (help me here) Shooting Star roller Coaster from the old park. It could be a HEAVY theme area... and something that is 100% Cincinnati with no copyright infringements and could transverse between 1000 different owners.

fyi--- as a marketing / business development person myself, I have to admit that the new owners, should they be more "local" would do good to pay some attention to some of the ideas that are on this site. Granted, some of the ideas posted on here are pretty outlandish and wouldn't have a snowballs chance in he## of working- but there are a lot of GREAT ideas that are discussed on this board. A KI museum... that's almost a no-brainer; every other park has one. some of the theming discussions.... some of them are down right good and on target... plus 99.9% of the posters on here are creative and after all "fans" of the park.... (some almost to a fault).

my opinion.

Was flight Commander sold to another park after the accident? I know that it was closed for an entire season before the removal. Skylab sat in the boneyard for years before it was finally sold.

Flight Commander was not removed until after the 1995 season. The accident happend in 1991. So it was SBNO for the rest of 1991, and I beleive all of 1992. However it did reopen with some changes to the restraint system.

Remember in 1996 they were a sign in the grass in front of the old FC area that said watch for a new attraction dropping in here next summer. Drop Zone was suspose to open on that spot in 1997, but plans changed.

I think FC was removed before 95, maybe 93. And the FC pad is now the home of the Eurobungee trampoline attraction. Interpreter, I was wrong, skylab did not go to kentucky kingdom, I forgot that was our old etnerprise but what I was thinking of was the zodiac....didnt that go to Kentucky kingdom?

I think FC was removed before 95, maybe 93. And the FC pad is now the home of the Eurobungee trampoline attraction. Interpreter, I was wrong, skylab did not go to kentucky kingdom, I forgot that was our old etnerprise but what I was thinking of was the zodiac....didnt that go to Kentucky kingdom?

I know for a fact that Flight Commander was not removed until after 1995. I rode Flight Commander over and over again after I was in High School. I didn't go to HS till 1994. Flight Commander was gone at the start of 1996 season, and that signed showed up saying watch for a new attraction dropping in next summer.

I remember that a car fell off of skylab a couple years back, maybe 99 or 98. I think it was just because it was old or not well maintenanced. I loved riding it when it was here though. I'm pretty sure they just junked it after it was taken out because of safety issues. Correct me if i'm wrong. I also remember a friend of mine telling me they would have to do extensive work on KC every morning (he said weld it every morning but I think he meant something else). The cost to keep it running was too much. It was really fun though, felt like you were running really fast or flying. I was really into Drangon Ball when I was younger so I always pretended I was Goku on his cloud. Man that was awhile ago.