Trip Report-May 7

Pkirocker77

Today, my family and I went to King's Island. Here's my report:

We got there about a half hour before park opening. We had to get our Gold Passes processed, which took about 20 minutes, since the employee who took our pictures was hard to communicate with. Then, we went in the season pass entrance. We rented a wheelchair for my sister who hurt her back a couple of weeks ago. Then, we went to the Nick Universe early ride times. I went straight to Avatar with my dad. It was a blast! We got right back in line and rode again. The second time we got a seat on the end, which resulted in a great ride. Then I rode the Fairly Odd Coaster. (I still call it The Beastie, though.) It was a good ride. Then my father and I rode Scooby-Doo and the Haunted Castle. My dad scored about 700 and I scored 390. Then, we looked around in the Nickelodeon store. They had loads of cute Nick stuff. After that, I rode Phantom Flyers. It was a fairly cool ride. I went on it again just because the line was short. Then, it was time to go to Rivertown! My dad and I rode Tomb Raider and had an awesome time! The line was about 30 minutes. A staff member said 45 minutes, but then loads of people got out of line because they didn't want to wait that long. Then, my dad and I rode The Beast. I found it painful, as usual. Yet somehow, it's always fun. We moved on to ride IJ. The line was probably 15-25 minutes. It was loads of fun. After that, I rode Shake Rattle and Roll, which, like always was enjoyable. Then we ate lunch at Happy Days. I had a chicken sandwhich with nothing on it, fries, and a soda. It was delicious! Then, my dad and I went to the FX theater, to find Hanna Barbera closed. We rode SpongeBob 3D. My dad and I rode Adventure Express. Then we all watched people play Jacob's Ladder. We only saw one guy win, and the whole area appluaded for him. After that, my dad and I rode Top Gun. It was okay. Then, I rode Delirium for my first time. It was awesome!!! Then, we headed home.

Sounds like you had a fun filled day at the park! I`ve been trying to ride the Hanna Barbera film every time I`ve been to the park (six times this year so far) and it was finally open yesterday when I was at the park. You aren`t really missing much with that one, although hearing the Enchanted Voyage music before the movie began was a nice touch.

the Hanna Barbara one was playing at about 5:00ish and the other side was closed---it was a nice touch for us old foggies that still remember The Flintstones, Yogi Bear. Boo Boo Bear, and The Jetsons. But all in all--everything was ok even when FOF went down about 2:30--it was reopened within 5 mins after people just flew the coop. And yes-- I rode my AE--11 times thus far this young season. But it was a great trip--well worth the 3 1/2 hours to drive there!