Email Newsletter from Wrong Park causes Confusion

CoastersRZ

I recieved an email last week from a Paramount Park, and assumed it was about PKI. Until I read it and saw that it was referring to Water Works. Then I checked what Paramount Park it was from, and it was from Paramount`s Kings Dominion. I am not on any PKD mailing list (I am on almost all of the ones at PKI as well as the Paramount Parks research email lists), so I don`t know how I received the email.

Apparantly others were really confused about the email and ended up buying their PKI season pass online from Kings Dominion. PKI has said they will honor the passes (obviously).

Read more here.

I got this one too. I used to be on all the Paramount Park mailing lists, but got a little tired of that so I just get the PKI and the surveys now. I had to double check to make sure I actually did sign off of their's though. The "last chance to get your gold pass May 7th" phrase had me going wait a minute that doesn't sound right. Then I looked at the sender. laugh.gif

Yeah. This was the first time that I have recieved something for another Paramount Park, in all the years I have been on PKI`s email lists. Occasionally, I will get a general Paramount Parks email talking about the upcoming changes at all the parks.

Yea, this caused a lot of problems when people came to get there pass processed this weekend and a lot of people got mad because our systems dont communicate with theirs and we could process there passes. They ended up having to call Kings Dominion and get a refund and then buy our passes. It caused a lot of trouble and got a lot of people really mad. You can just imagine how many people paniked and bought passes because it said gold passes went away the 7th. I got the e-mail and was personally like " Why is Kings Dominion sending me an e-mail about there gold passes?" But if u did buy them, like it said in the article, we will honer the price that they gave.

I got the email as well. They got killer Gold Pass benefits. Along the lines of 10% off anything in the park using Scooby Bucks and a free ticket for a friend for every 5th visit they made. How cool would all of that be?

Sounds kinda like a Six Flags Regular pass.

There are all kinds of coupons to bring a friend for $4.99, and $9.99 and for half price depending on what the day is. On mothers day and fathers day you can bring a friend (or parent) in for free.

20% Discount at most merchandise stores - buy one/get one free coupons for games - free fast pass rental coupons, discounts on food, etc.

Top that off you can use the pass at any of the Six Flag Parks.

Hmmmm!

It happens. How many times have you sent out an IM to a wrong individual? Probabily just clicked the wrong button.

But this is a lot more serious then sending an IM to the wrong. you probably didnt have to deal with the ****ed off people who came to get there pass processed on Satuday or Sunday. (I did) I was a supervisor over there and we had to call security on one guy.

^Id like to know where you got the number 250,000 and if your a supervisor representing the park on here Id watch what you say in some of your other posts. Like Sob Tom said, it was just a mistake, mistakes happen, I'm sure you've made a few and forced others to deal with the problems you've caused. It happens to everyone. What did the guy do to get security called on him for?