PKI Sold?

pope03

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, a Sunday?? It might vary well be June, but I doubt it is that day.

Procter & Gamble is headquartered in Cincinnati and makers of consumer products such as Crest, Ivory soap, Tide detergent, and with their huge purchase of Gillette, Gillette`s brand of razors as well as Duracell batteries. I HIGHLY doubt that they would be buying Paramount Parks, especially with all the money and stocks it cost them to buy Gillette. Plus, I doubt the parks fit into their portfolio of product offerings. Let along the fact that they are still rebuilding and recovering from the Gillette deal.

I'll ask my bro, he is the accountant for Procter & Gamble. He prolly will know.

Wow...a company P&G's size only has one accountant? He must be REALLY busy laugh.gif

I have to be honest...sometimes reading this site is a true exercise in restraint wink.gif

Really, they split them up? Interesting. Well it will be interesting to see what happens. When they announce who is buying the park(s) there will still probably be lots of questions. Like how do the new owners plan to change the parks, and whether or not there will be a direct impact on the day to day operations of the parks.

P&G has NO NO NO NO NO interest in the amusement park business. It doesn't fit with their product mix.

Will the parks be split up? I don't know. We are talking about 5 Paramount parks plus Star Trek: The Experience. It'll be interesting to see what happens.

Have a great day!

Italian Chef

chef.gif

I'll ask my bro, he is the accountant for Procter & Gamble. He prolly will know.

Wow...a company P&G's size only has one accountant? He must be REALLY busy laugh.gif

I have to be honest...sometimes reading this site is a true exercise in restraint wink.gif

I think you know that she very well knows that her brother isn't the ONLY accountant for P&G. However, if anyone were to leak it out, it would have to be the accountants.

As Italianchef said, P&G likely has no interest in even considering buying the parks. It simply doesn`t fit their mix of products. Not to mention Wall Street would not like them to buy the parks because of their low growth potential. As a VERY VERY minor stockholder in P&G, I wouldn`t want their stock price to fall more than it already has in recent weeks. (But it would be cool to have stock in the company that owns the park).

I think you know that she very well knows that her brother isn't the ONLY accountant for P&G. However, if anyone were to leak it out, it would have to be the accountants.

...and, hence the emoticon used in my post. She wrote something that struck me funny and I indicated as such. Nothing personal was meant by it.

My comment about restraint wasn't related to the accountant comment...it was related to the sudden "logic" that exploded in this thread that P&G has bought KI without any evidence or support other than an innocent comment made by the orginal poster that his friend's dad (who happened to be the one who told him PKI was for sale) worked for P&G.

Funny thing is, I told someone who wasn't aware yesterday that PKI was close to being sold to a new owner...I also happen to work for a Fortune 200 company. But, suprisingly that doesn't mean that the company I work for is buying PKI. (Or, does it??? biggrin.gif )

Oh well, so much for the restraint... wink.gif

not saying it hasn't happened, but the first place that would have such a report would be the CBS Corporate Press Releases, Wall Street Journal Online, SEC filings, etc. Didn't see anything.

They do confirm that a transaction is taking place (not completed) but declines to comment on interested parties, as from what I am ready there are several, which may confirm a breakup of the Paramount Park system..... or not.

I personally hope the parks are sold to more than one company. I feel this would be the best chance for a Busch Gardens or Universal to pic up KI. If they are all sold together I don't see either one of them wanting all the parks. But, I could see one of them being interested in KI and maybe Wonderland. I guess we will see in June hopefully.

As Italianchef said, P&G likely has no interest in even considering buying the parks. It simply doesn`t fit their mix of products. Not to mention Wall Street would not like them to buy the parks because of their low growth potential. As a VERY VERY minor stockholder in P&G, I wouldn`t want their stock price to fall more than it already has in recent weeks. (But it would be cool to have stock in the company that owns the park).

Only fools play the market with single stocks, mutual funds are the way to go!

...and, hence the emoticon used in my post. She wrote something that struck me funny and I indicated as such. Nothing personal was meant by it.

My comment about restraint wasn't related to the accountant comment...it was related to the sudden "logic" that exploded in this thread that P&G has bought KI without any evidence or support other than an innocent comment made by the orginal poster that his friend's dad (who happened to be the one who told him PKI was for sale) worked for P&G.

Funny thing is, I told someone who wasn't aware yesterday that PKI was close to being sold to a new owner...I also happen to work for a Fortune 200 company. But, suprisingly that doesn't mean that the company I work for is buying PKI. (Or, does it??? biggrin.gif )

I just happen to work for a fortune 500 company... I can't even imagine if we bought it, I would so change my career path!

-adam12

Yeah, talk about three posts. Have you ever heard of the edit button? And I am not a "fool" for owning individual stocks.

I feel that Busch could also be the best choice to buy the parks. Whether they are interested in them is another question. I don`t think Universal is looking to acquire any more parks. Wasn`t GE trying to unload Universal itself, so why would they want to acquire five more parks?

And if I understood it - It shoulda been easy to understand. <G>

And by the way, a leak would come from the Legal Realestate department. Accountants would not be involved until the very end process. (Strange but true.)

I heard that they broke them up into 5 individual parks, and PKI was then bought. P&G could afford all of them, but I think if they bit, they bought only KI

THAT WOULD BE AWESOME!

I actually suspect that the parks will be broken up into one combination or another.

Personally, I'd prefer if the parks would be sold separately. If so, whoever buys PKI would more likely be an amusement park company or at least someone interested in the amusement park business. Hence, great investment would be made into the parks and we would have a better Kings Island.

More likely, an investment company will buy them all, cut costs and quality, and try to sell them for more money in the future.

Have a great day!

Italian Chef

chef.gif