Booked Great Wolf Lodge Mason OH

Just to let everyone know that the Great Wolf Lodge Mason OH, Is Taking reservations for December 22nd 2006 or later. My DW, DD6, and I are booked for a Family Fireplace Suite from Dec 22- Dec 25,2006 santa.gif . The Resvervationist said this was her first reservation for Mason OH location.

I don't mind, Everyone one this site shares info with eachother. Now I can only tell you the nightly rate that was given to me and it may be qouted as a holiday rate, it was based on 2 adults and 2 children with water park admission included. the rate is $339.00 per night for the Fireplace Family Suite. I wanted to ask about the rate for the other rooms but it seemed to be hard for the reservationist to get around her system as she kept mentioning that this location was new and didn't know how to navigate though the new site yet. So I didn't want to bother her with other rates. I talked with a reservationist ealier to ask if reservations were avaliable yet. And he was very suppriesed when it said I could. My family wanted to go around the end of November and I asked both reservationist if this was a firm openning. They both seemed optimistic but said if everything goes just right anything could be possible but that the Dec 22nd date is what they are going with.

I would like to add that she said at the time of our booking that all rooms were avaliable.

Are they running behind schedule? Last I heard, they were aiming for a a late October/early November opening. Maybe they are going to "soft" open so that they can be prepared for a rush of people over the Holiday Season that will be visiting PKI during WinterFest.

That's what we were hoping for, So we could do Winterfest during our stay. I mentioned to them if they opened so late in December that they would miss most of Winterfest. They seemed confused and didn't know what I was talking about, So I let it go at that. They were very freindly and helpful to work with.

• 3 weeks later...

I have to say first of all great location for this,nice wooded area for it,nice view of the park from some of the rooms. It will be great in the winter coming up. I have to say also the Great Wolf Lodge in Niagara Falls,Canada was awesome. The area was wooded around it,the only thing that I thought was kinda akward was it was not near much to do it was away from the attractions in Clifton Hill where most of the fun is. I think our Great Wolf Lodge has a lot of $ it will bring in for Mason,KI for many years to come for families,tourists. The pictures look great I can't wait to see finished touches on it. biggrin.gif

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Lowest rate I see online is $264/night for this:

Wolf Web Savings

The Queen Sofa suite is one of our most economical suite and includes a queen bed, a semi-private living area with a full-size sofa-sleeper and a private balcony. This suite is accessible.

Wolf Web Savings is the best public rate available for Great Wolf Lodge, and only available at greatwolflodge.com!

Rate listed includes all discounts

The highest rate is $509/night for the Grizzly Bear Suite.

Though I don't see anything on the site yet, I have heard you will be able to buy admission to the waterpark separately from room reservation, but it is supposed to come with any room.

• 2 weeks later...

We are debating it. We have season Passes to Cincinnati Zoo and Newport Aquarium so there is still things to do, but we were really looking forward to Winterfest. I think if the Great Wolf Lodge, would open by Thanksgiving then we would probably go over that weekend and go else where over Christmas break.

Since we have paid the deposite I think we'll wait for further information from the lodge to help our decesion.

P.S. Does anyone know where a really good Santa Clause, in the Cincinnati area would be.

• 3 weeks later...

If any one is interested In a 8;10 minute video featuring The Great Wolf Lodge in Mason OH and featuring the new general manager Jim Metzger.

Go to this link . or go to this link and then click on the "watch the WTDN hard hat news link" about the middle of the page.

It was shot on location by Dayton, Ohio’s National Broadcasters Corporation (NBC) Channel 2 News On Your Side, Sunrise edition on August 10, 2006.

About 2;55 minutes into the video Jim Metzger says that they are going to open very quietly on December 07, 2006.