SOB status?

PKIVortex

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

6/6/06 666 the mark of The Beast

I can tell form the fourms of f of extremepki.com it will be opening This weekend and it has gone threw retracking if you call it that and from my sources say it will have only 5 cars instead of 6. So I hope it is open this weekend and alot more smoother.

Why bring up that "other" PKI site? And it has been rumored for a while now that they will be trying the ride with five car trains instead of six. Not only have they retracked lots of portions of the ride, but new wood can clearly be seen in various parts of the structure as well.

Why bring up that "other" PKI site? And it has been rumored for a while now that they will be trying the ride with five car trains instead of six. Not only have they retracked lots of portions of the ride, but new wood can clearly be seen in various parts of the structure as well.

Its always good to cite your sources for rumors! I'm expecting SOB to open at park open.

First of all, who is to say that Son of Beast is draining the park of money? Secondly, how do you know that PKI is going to be a "bad" park soon? IMO, PKI has been adding just the right attractions the last few years. Yes, things here and there could be improved upon. But overall, the park is improving itself, not worsening itself.

I think we will see a really nice improvement over the park in the next two to three years. It is running a good trend. The Nick Universe is totally mind blowing - and hopefully they will be taking steps to revamp the entire park, getting rid of dated rides, and adding in new innovative stuff for both the family AND the thrill seekers.

I just hope that the improvments that have been made will improve SoB to the kind of coaster that it was expected to be. I am anxious to try it out.

If the modifications do not work, I don't expect SoB around much longer due to low ridership and the expense of upkeep.

Son of Beast is kind of like those celebritys that look gorgeous but are just evil and heartless on the inside. You see it from the highway and you see it frmo almsot anywhere in the park, this massive wooden structure, with that huge helix, the loop and speeds of up to 80 m.p.h. but then you get on and it tries to kill you with its awful hospitality. Maybe it has opened its eyes and decided to be nice to people this year.

6/6/06  666 the mark of The Beast

I can tell form the fourms of f of extremepki.com it will be opening This weekend and it has gone threw retracking if you call it that and from my sources say it will have only 5 cars instead of 6. So I hope it is open this weekend and alot more smoother.

Oddly enough, yesterday at the filming PKI marketing as well as other employees were saying it was opening in June. Hmm... who to trust?

Its almost impossible to trust anybody, even another PKI website. It may be wrong that it will be open tomorrow, but hey, I can be optimistic right?

I totally agree. NOBODY should assure anything simply based off of what was posted in any forums unless it was a post by someone official, and no I don't take general employee heresay as being offical. Don't think I was knocking your site, I think you guys are doing a good job.

Its almost impossible to trust anybody, even another PKI website. It may be wrong that it will be open tomorrow, but hey, I can be optimistic right?

I totally agree. NOBODY should assure anything simply based off of what was posted in any forums unless it was a post by someone official, and no I don't take general employee heresay as being offical. Don't think I was knocking your site, I think you guys are doing a good job.

I understand. I think for anybody its hard to belive rumors. I'm just hoping for a good day at the park tommorow! First time this operating season!