SOB status?

PKIVortex

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

well if this retracking doesn't work, here is what i would like to see but it is totally unrealistic,

I would like to see them destroy all of the helix's and make the ride more windy and curvy like The Beast, keep the loop though, add some tunnels would be really cool also.

The reason they removed one of the cars is so that the trains weighed less. In turn, the train will not be going quite as fast as it used to, allowing for a somewhat smoother ride. I just got back from the park, after waiting just under an hour for Son of Beast. It is definantely smoother, perhaps the smoothest it has ever ran. It however is not "B&M" smooth as others have said it was going to be. Hopefully, the ride can stay running as it was today for the rest of the season! Hopefully people will continue lining up for this ride like they were today!

Sounds cool! I'm looking forward to trying it in a couple weeks.

I didn't really expect it to be B&M smooth, but what (non-prefabricated) woodie is? SOB would really be an enjoyable ride if they indeed got rid of of the jolting and bumps.

One thing I wonder though is how people realized that it had gotten smoother now. The last few times I've ridden it, there has been almost no one in line. Word spreads fast I guess. laugh.gif Either that or the fact that it was finally open after months of downtime attracted a bunch of people.

Yes, removing one car from each train does reduce the capacity of the ride (60 people for every ten trains dispatched). However, if it makes the reide experience smoother and more enjoyable, I`m all for waiting an extra five to ten minutes. Also, on a day like today, those six extra people per cycle aren`t really going to make a huge difference on the speed at which the line moves.

I know how much a reduction in capacity can slow a line. I have worked the Pepsi Pythoon at Coney on very busy days. Due to the roughness in the back seat, we are not allowed to put people in the very back row. So in a train that holds 8 people, we are only allowed to sit six people. Talk about a capacity killer. And the fact that there are no signs, or markings that denote to park guests that the back row is closed, makes for answering a lot of "Why is the back seat closed?" questions in a shift.

After I got the word that it was open today, I jumped in the car and took a quick spin on it. I thought it was a much better ride. In fact, there were only 2 spots on the track that I noticed had any huge amounts of roughness to them. I sat in 4-3. Wanted to make sure I had a wheel seat just to get the full effect.

I noticed they had music playing on the speaker system through out the que. I also noticed that the shelf where you put stuff while you rode is gone and replaced with a trunk much like on Deli. On ride pics were also available.

I noticed they had music playing on the speaker system through out the que.

What kind of music? I've noticed throughout some ques its the same music thats on Qtv and I've heard what seems to be a seperate soundtrack thoroughout the park although not what I'd consider good music.

It was not que tv music. I heard a bunch of 70's dance songs cranking out at FULL volume. I like the fact that they have music to listen to in the que, but lets bring it down a notch. That was just a tad bit on the loud side.

I rode it on Saturday and waited over and hour and it looks like it was a pretty good job on the park saving this ride. It wasnt as smooth as I thouhgt it would be but it is now an enjoyable ride unlikle before. They really did a great job and I am happy to see the ride with a line that means the park is finally starting to make money from it. That line is how the worlds tallest wooden coaster should be and not a walk on. Great job on fixing the SOB.

I rode it on Saturday and waited over and hour and it looks like it was a pretty good job on the park saving this ride.  It wasnt as smooth as I thouhgt it would be but it is now an enjoyable ride unlikle before.  They really did a great job and I am happy to see the ride with a line that means the park is finally starting to make money from it.  That line is how the worlds tallest wooden coaster should be and not a walk on. Great job on fixing the SOB.

An HOUR!?!?! blink.gif i havent had to wait an hour to ride SoB since the first year it came!! WOW.. usually you just walk right on.. Wow :oIts making me sad having to wait until thursday to go now sad.gif thats my second favorite ride and now its so perfect biggrin.gif