BoddaH1994

Cedar Fair Purchases Paramount Parks!

Good suggestion, Terp. This was a very interesting thread to read. I remember hearing about the KD FOF rumor (it actually closed at one point) and I also remember hearing about the removal of Frenzoid (Carowinds' inverting ship, now called Southern Star). However, back then I didn't quite grasp the fact these were part of an overall ride rotation strategy.

• Like 2

Soon be ten years.

So much of the speculation here was right--so much very wrong.

Nick U and Geauga Lake Park long gone, X-Flight moved to KI, the true Flights of Fear story, the Stealth saga....so much info in one thread.

Yep. Worth reading.

We need that Shaggy guy to post in the Kentucky Kingdom thread...

I cant believe its almost ten years since Cedar Fair has owned Kings Island, even though I grew up with the Paramount era, Cedar Fair has done a great job with maintaining the park. Though a lot of predictions were wrong, great thread bump though!  

• Like 5

Four years later...and three great years for Kings Island. So many nostalgic positive changes, Grand Carivale, the removal of Firehawk and soon to be Vortex. To put this in perspective, from the time KI opened until Vortex debuted, is about the same amount of time that Cedar Fair has owned the former Paramount Parks.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Kings Island has been very well controlled in its time since Cedar Fair. Recently events such as Grand Carnivale, updated haunt, and the return of winter fest have been really nice additions. The 5 roller coasters they have added have all been really awesome additions that will last a long time and have monster capacity. (Obviously not Firehawk). Operations are great and areas like the front entrance and Action Zone look nicer. I also think Cedar Fair’s theming is getting better, hopefully we will see that with Orion. The two things I wish Cedar Fair would work on would be,

1 dark rides: yes we have Flight of Fear and boo blasters but I think more family additions added in non Planet Snoopy areas of the park would be beneficial. It’s nice to have a kids area but as a park wouldn’t you want more things the whole family can do and spend time together walking around the park.  The second reason is that I think it’s always good to have more air conditioning or rides that shelter from the whether. This makes it so more people come to the park when the Forecast isn’t that good and people stay longer when it’s too hot or rains. 

2 water park: Cedar Fair has done a nice job adding another wave pool and recently added a slide complex but honestly the water park is still way too small for how busy it gets. They need to add more high capacity slides and possibly another lazy river. Only two of the slides at the water park can families ride at the same time. Amousement parks and water parks should be about having fun with your family/friends so I think a lot of these single person tube slides should be replaced with multiple person round rafts or other options 

• Like 4

Agreed. And honestly boo blasters is rather poor in quality. But more indoor, air conditioned rides mean less people will leave when it's rainy, and more people will stay longer if it's hot.

I agree with your water park opinions :p

• Like 3