CF Buys PP - Conference Call Notes

BoddaH1994

I take it you have been to those Six Flags parks THIS year?

If not, your experience isn't all that relevant, given Six Flags is under new management.

For the record, the filthiest park I have been to this year, BY FAR, was Paramount's Kings Dominion.  It was worse than ANY Six Flags park I have ever been to.

Kings Dominion always has been the Red Headed Step Child of the Parks from When it was Taft Controlled, KECO Contorlled and Paramount controlled.

The really difficult part of the whole issues is with the fact that Kings Dominion competes directly with Busch Gardens. When people go to both of the parks it really makes Kings Dominion look even worse.

Kings Dominion is my homepark and yes, it's dirty and trashy with all those "gangsters" living about Virginia. Some of the staff arn't even friendly and they could care less about your park experience. dry.gif Cedar Fair L.P will cover up the mess that Paramount Parks makes. biggrin.gif

^Too true, Pkd was neglected too much when it is so close to Busch Gardens Europe and so heavily compared. Truly makes PKD look far worse than it probably is. So this CF take over will hopefully turn things around, not only for PKD but all the parks and their Paramount Virus.

What will probably happen is that Coke products will be served at the Paramount Parks through 2013, when the current seven year contract expires. At that point, the parks may switch over to Pepsi (boo!). Cedar Point switched over to Pepsi from Coca-Cola in 1992.

Perhaps. But if neither Cedar Fair nor Coke wants to do business with the other, there are ways to make sure that both parties end up agreeing to end the contract early. Many, many creative ways.

I'd be surprised if that Coke contract lasts that long...and wonder if it is even binding on successors of Paramount Parks.

Has anyone heard about CF making Boomerang Bay a separate ticket from KI? I have read in several places that CF parks with water parks are separate tickets.

If i remember correctly not all CF parks charge seperate admission for their waterparks. I went to Dorney Park 2 summers ago and I don't remember having to pay a seperate fee to go to Wildwater Kingdom.

Lets hope BB is included in admissons and passes.....If you have to pay 2 different admissons they are going to have to compete with The Beach for pricing. I don't even thing we are setup well enough to be to different parks. Just a thought.

Lets hope BB is included in admissons and passes.....If you have to pay 2 different admissons they are going to have to compete with The Beach for pricing. I don't even thing we are setup well enough to be to different parks. Just a thought.

If anything, this will hurt the Beach. Simply put: if someone wants to go to a waterpark, they can either go to the Beach for a lower cost and just do a waterpark, or go to PKI and pay for both parks and just do the water park. In this instance, they can pay a smaller admission and just do Boomerang Bay which will be more attractive since it's "newer".

Now what about the indoor waterpark that's being built alongside Great Wolf Lodge? Will you need to be staying at the resort to get acess, or will it be similar to the Bay and be included with park admission?

Or will it just be non-existant considering CBS still has stock in the hotel?

Has anyone heard about CF making Boomerang Bay a separate ticket from KI?  I have read in several places that CF parks with water parks are separate tickets.

If i remember correctly not all CF parks charge seperate admission for their waterparks. I went to Dorney Park 2 summers ago and I don't remember having to pay a seperate fee to go to Wildwater Kingdom.

Right. Dorney's waterpark, Wildwater Kingdom, is included with park admission. And Dorney also includes free parking with season passes, in a season passholder lot!

Does anyone still drink Pepsi?

Ha! What would I expect from someone who lives in or near Atlanta?

You, my boy, have been assimilated!

[for those who don't know, Coca-Cola is headquartered in Atlanta...I once walked three miles there looking for a Pepsi! Well, actually for a Diet Pepsi!]

LOL

There is no company but Coke. <G>

^Wooferbear, your a great guy and I love ya but I gotta disagree with you on this one laugh.gif I cant stand Coke from a can. It just has such a rough taste that it makes me want to puke, I can only take it over ice from a foutnain when I'm extremely deperate. Pepsi doesnt bother me much. No one beats RC!