Nick/Peanuts

TOPGUN1993

If my memory serves me correctly the peanuts were once a Nick show right?

They were?

No, they weren't. . .

As has already been stated once in this thread.

the peanuts was a nick show a long time ago but then it stopped for some reason... but anyways they're better not be peanuts characters walking around Kings Island or ill kil 'em

Write it down. Peanuts is a United Feature Syndicate property. It was never owned by Nickelodean, which was and is a VIACOM property. Charles Schulz would not have wanted it any other way.

Nick did rerun some of the Peanuts specials, but running a program and owning it are two entirely different things.

And it should be added that at this point in time, Cedar Fair does not plan on introducing any of the Peanuts chracters at Kings Island.

I wouldn't speak so confidently about that. On the conference call, they weren't sure if PKI was going to see Snoopy.

It was also said that the Nicktoons could invade Cedar Point, Worlds of Fun, Dorney, and the others. I think we will see Cedar Fair assimilate the best parts of Paramount Parks and Cedar Fair together. I am more worried about Scooby than Nicktoons or Peanuts.

To me, it would seem more likely that the more modern of characters will get the roaming privliges, but we could very well see snoopy hanging around too. I know the Nick license is for four years, but I am willing to bet that it would be a wise business decision for them to extend the contract once the time comes.

PEANUTS! I rather see Snoopy than Spongebob I say after 4 years well see Scooby Doo and Peanuts.

And that makes me so friggin happy! biggrin.gif

RollerNut why you worried about Scooby Doo? He's doing fine with a New Cartoon titled Scooby Doo & Shaggy Too! starting this fall and with Scooby Doo 3:Scooby Doo's Puppy Years set to be released Fall 2007... Scooby is doin fine.

I rather see Scooby and Snoopy than see Nick...

I voted for Nickeloden because it's more popular and I watch some of its cartoons, such as Jimmy Neutron. I used to watch The Wild Thornberrys, Hey Arnold, and The Rugrats, too - but they no longer seem to be on.

However, the Nickelodeon licnse expires in 4 years. If you were the corporate executives of Cedar Fair, would you pay big money to Viacom for Nickelodeon licensing fees or use the Peanuts gang for free? It's just like with H-B being tossed out for NU. The company will do whatever makes the most financial sense.

Have a great day!

Italian Chef

chef.gif

If my memory serves me correctly the peanuts were once a Nick show right?

They were?

No, they weren't. . .

As has already been stated once in this thread.

the peanuts was a nick show a long time ago but then it stopped for some reason... but anyways they're better not be peanuts characters walking around Kings Island or ill kil 'em

They stopped airing it when the creator died