Changes for 2007

Guest faceoff

Yes, but in all the press releases issued this year, it has clearly stated that Paramount Parks were a division of CBS, not a Viacom company. The webmaster of the Paramount Parks websites probably finally got around to updating the main image on the corporate website.

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If you look at the desktops on many of the computers at PKI - including the ones in the season pass processing place - they have a new logo. Its Black and Gold (instead of Blue and White) and has the same design as the old one - but says "A CBS Company" where it used to say "A Viacom Company".

They will probably just remove the actual "Paramount`s Kings Island" sign and replace it with the new logo and sign. The old sign, before it blew down, was the original one and was transformed after Paramount renamed the park in 1993 with its moniker in front of the name.

^It will be referred to as just "King's Island".  Do you hear anyone saying, let's go to Geauga Lake, a Cedar Fair LP park?  Nope. tongue.gif

Only because you hear virtually no one say "Let's go to Geauga Lake."

Period.

Sigh.

I said that probably about 20 times when I was up at Cedar Point for opening day - then found out it wasn't open yet. laugh.gif Not that it mattered - my group decided we weren't going but didn't know how to break the news to me. laugh.gif

^They won't be spending money re-theming rides any time soon. There are already agreements in place to keep the movie themed and Nick attractions the same.

That may or may not be true.

As has been said many other places, Cedar Fair has said over and over again that they haven't decided this issue yet.

What's so hard to understand about that?

• 1 month later...

List of things needed to be changed by next year. Not counting ride names asscoiated with Paramount Movies.

• The Paramount Story (Should be changed into a museum that displays the history of Kings Island. They have more then enough to do it, like take a peace of King Cobra and rest one of the cards on the track. Put some of the Phantom Theatre people in there. Put some of the Paramount things, like a section for just the Paramount era. Put animal cages from the Animal Safari in there, as I believe they are still there. And fill the place up with other things that the park still has. Maybe even the old Flight of Fear car with the shoulder restraints. And models of rides like The Beast and stuff. Really cool concept if they did it.)
  • The Paramount Theature (Just change the name and take off all the stars around the building. Maybe do some retheming and then you have a perfect place for shows.)
  • Name change for the motion theature next to Racer and Vortex
  • New Logos (As the logo for Kings Island really is nothing that special as all the parks basically have the same logo and everything. Change the logo to make it something new and cool. Maybe even put the Eiffel Tower in the logo, with some Nickelodean Characters in there aswell. Or put a ride in the logo like The Beast. Also fix the logo for Action Zone or rename that area entirely. Also the thing in the middle of the Action Zone has to be done away with as it says Paramount on it. But that can be painted over.)
  • No more Movie Posters (Quite weird to see the park without movie posters... So I have no idea what it is gonna look like as the entrance to the park as those posters and so does Action Zone and various other places in the park. So I am not sure of what the park will look like after doing away with all that.)
  • Ridding the park of everything to do with Paramount except Ride Names/Nick (like merchandise and everything I have said above. That is quite a lot to do if you think about it.)

Racer06, did you not see the post directly before yours talking about how Cedar Fair has yet to decide whether or not they are going to use the Paramount licenses next year? They might just phase those out over the life of the ten year contract. That way they slowly fade away and it allows the change to be made quite easier. Whereas if they decide to can them after this season, they will have a lot of changes to make all at once.

Ya Paramount license meaning ride names but the name of the park will most likely not be known as Paramounts Kings Island and just be known as Kings Island. As this is no longer Paramounts Kings Island it is Cedar Fairs Kings Island. Just that Cedar Fair does not add their name to the parks like Paramount and Six Flags do.

The decision Cedar Fair is making is on Ride Names, to see if they want to re-name them and re-theme them or contract the names through Paramount.

List of things needed to be changed by next year. Not counting ride names asscoiated with Paramount Movies.
  • The Paramount Story (Should be changed into a museum that displays the history of Kings Island. They have more then enough to do it, like take a peace of King Cobra and rest one of the cards on the track. Put some of the Phantom Theatre people in there. Put some of the Paramount things, like a section for just the Paramount era. Put animal cages from the Animal Safari in there, as I believe they are still there. And fill the place up with other things that the park still has. Maybe even the old Flight of Fear car with the shoulder restraints. And models of rides like The Beast and stuff. Really cool concept if they did it.

I would be one of the firsts in line for that. Also still have movie posters but have them be parodies of real movies with snoopy and the gang. Just a funny thought.

Ya Paramount license meaning ride names but the name of the park will most likely not be known as Paramounts Kings Island and just be known as Kings Island. As this is no longer Paramounts Kings Island it is Cedar Fairs Kings Island. Just that Cedar Fair does not add their name to the parks like Paramount and Six Flags do.

The decision Cedar Fair is making is on Ride Names, to see if they want to re-name them and re-theme them or contract the names through Paramount.

Cedar Fair has announced NO decision as to either the Paramount's in the names of the parks or the ride theming (or Nick either, for that matter). Until they make a decision and announce it, there is only speculation. I agree it is unlikely they will keep the Paramount's Name Of Park nomenclature, but they really haven't announced whether they are doing away with it or not. They have parks to run and a season in progress to worry about right now. . .

Cedar Fair has announced NO decision as to either the Paramount's in the names of the parks or the ride theming (or Nick either, for that matter). Until they make a decision and announce it, there is only speculation. I agree it is unlikely they will keep the Paramount's Name Of Park nomenclature, but they really haven't announced whether they are doing away with it or not. They have parks to run and a season in progress to worry about right now. . .

Yeah!

And CF has made no announcement as to if Winterfest will be returning this year.

So we all know what this "No Announcement" means.

But, I think that they will drop Paramount from the name and not re-name the rides, since I have heard that the licenses are already paid for. IF they are, I would keep 'em. If not, no sense in paying for the licenses when you could spend that money re-naming.

I see that as a viable option. Dropping the Paramount name from the park for next season, and slowly fading out the in park Paramount branding. I think that Cedar Fair would be wise to hold onto the Nickelodeon rights (and even to extend them when the four year contract expires in 2010.) That way, park guests that are accustomed to rides like Top Gun, Tomb Raider and Italian Job won`t loose those names immediately but over a period of time, which gives Cedar Fair a chance to spread out the cost of renaming/theming those rides over a period of off seasons, instead of doing rushing to complete everything in one off season.

Well, there's what they did to Geauga's.

That park now closes for the season on, I believe, September 17.

NO Halloween event.

No October weekends at all.

Which was one of the reasons why I didn't like Cedar Fair. I'm afraid that, with Cedar Point remaining the flagship park, and the monopoly in Ohio, someone in upper management's gonna decide that HalloWeekends is a more popular event than FearFest and end up pulling the plug on the PKI event. mad.gif

mad.gif No Fear Fest!? that would be ****ty. Fear Fests gets better every year.

Depends they will have to look at which one is more profitable. I have never been to Fear Fest but have heard very good things about it.

Also is the survey that they have, have Fear Fest in it to determine what the people visiting the park feel about the event?

Personally to me Fear Fest sounds a lot better then HalloWeekend. And Kings Island from what I have heard does a hell of a job at running it also. So if there is no problem with it then why fix something that is already working? Would not be logical I think for them to change the concept of an event that everyone loves.

And for the Tomb Raider thing. While those props may be on loan and I have no idea if they are or not. As I think that they may be repilicas of objects used in the film. As many of the Paramount Parks have some kind of Tomb Raider ride of some nature... But if they are on loan then Cedar Fair could always rent them out or something. Or they can make that ride the first ride to re-theme. However I think re-theming that ride would cost a lot of money due to everything involved in it. It would be a whole new ride once re-themed, so I do not know how you can do it with still making it cool. They could always make it a dungeon ride but it would still have to be re-themed a lot, like getting rid of the movie when you get ready to board the ride. Also changing the set of the ride as that statue inside is from the movie which the ride is recognized with and everything.

They're not going to cancel Fearfest based on whether or not Cedar Point has Halloweekends. CP and KI do not really compete for the same market, therefore, people will go to both. The real consideration will be if Cedar Fair believes that Fearfest is profitable enough for them to keep it going.

AamieAndShawn, please, no cursing on the message boards. This is a family site.