Vortex's Destruction

LilNik41

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, I`m sure that Vortex is safe, for at least this year. It will be interesting to find out what the park has in store for next year. Apparantly all the Paramount Parks already have commitments for next season. It will also be interesting to see if what Shaggy mentioned could happen to PKD`s Flight of Fear is slated to occure next season.

It was on here, but it was the day that Cedar Fair announced they were buying the parks. So it was sort of lost in all the commotion and news involving that major news.

Most interesting is the saga of FOF.  With the parks now transitioning to CF ownership, it will be interesting to see if the plans for these attractions will change. 

I don't think I am breaking any eggs when I now reveal that the PKD version of FOF was to be removed and relocated to PCW in a future season.  Based on that success, the PKI version would have probably followed suit with a relocation to PCow.  If the relocation of PKD's was slated for next season at PCW, then we may still see it.  However, I doubt we'll now see PKI's relcoated any time soon.

PKD's FOF is, at present, SBNO.

Shaggy

That post from Shaggy can be found in this thread.

i believe in the article CF stated that no new attractions over 20 milllions dollars would be added to the parks and that paramount parks had already set in motion what they were going to put in for the 2007 season and that cf would respect hat decisions. So porbably whatever PP had planned for next year CF will continue with putting that attraction in but its possible they could make changes to it. Like when Paramount bought the park when Swoop was planned and they changed it to Top Gun.

How ANYONE could predict Vortex's future, especially right now, with 99 percent accuracy is beyond me. I wouldn't offer 99 to 1 odds that Cedar Fair will even own Kings Island five years from now...much less about Vortex. Yeah, they probably will, but 99 chances out of 100? No way. Too much in life is uncertain. And the best laid plans of mice and humans sometimes get changed with very little notice or reason.

They will not retheme Vortex. Vortex's current themeless state fits along perfectly with Cedar Fair parks. Also - they seem to like to keep classic rides. I think that Cedar Fair's acquisition of the parks guarantees Vortex a longer lifetime.

And I doubt anybody on my crew would tell you that Vortex was coming down. First off - we don't know that. Second off we just wouldn't tell a guest that. Vortex is a great ride and I don't see it going anywhere until it simply becomes unfeasable to keep it around any longer.

Now when Cedar Fair says "no new attractions over 20 million dollars" do they mean that in all of their parks they are not going to spend more than 20 million dollars total, or that no single park will get an attraction more than 20 million dollars? Cause if that is so, seriously, when was the last time KI spent more than 17 million dollars on one attraction? I'm not positive but I'm pretty sure KI has never spent 20million dollars on an attraction before unless you count all of the extra money spent on SOB.

I believe it was along the lines of no single park was installing more than $20 million next season. The Paramount Parks have already made commitments apprantly for new attractions next year. As others have said, history will most likely repeat itself. Top Gun was not the original theme for our Arrow suspended coaster, but was rethemed after Paramount bought the parks. In the conference call, Dick Kinzel said that Cedar Fair woulde honor the new attractions for the Paramount Parks in 2007. However, he also stated that the theming and naming of the attractions is something they will look at and they have not been decided upon at this point in time.

^Where do you get your information for the price of the investments? Im not calling you a liar but do you have any receipts because most people have just made speculations as to what they have cost, where do you know the exact costs from? LIke I said not flaming you just wanting to know where to find the information.

I agree, Klockster, that Vortex will probably stay. Look how long Corkscrew has been operating at CP.

Relax, people. 20 million is a lot of money to be spent on one park. Dragster and MF both cost 25 mill. a piece. You can still get a lot of rides, coasters, and improvements with 20 mill. Now, if they had said 2 million, then you could have worried.

But, but, but....they did NOT say that $20 million was to spent at each Paramount Park...what they DID say is that nothing the size of the capital investment that Ghostrider is on the books for any Paramount Park for 2007.

...it might just be easier for people to listen to the conference call(s) to hear the context in which the Ghostrider commitment comparison was referenced. (Unfortunately, this $20M misinterpretation doesn't seem to be sinking in no matter how many times Interpreter repeats it...)

what they DID say is that nothing the size of the capital investment that Ghostrider is on the books for any Paramount Park for 2007.

Really, who cares about the exact amount? Point being, money will be spent on all parks, regardless of what you think you know. Paramount Parks are not going to be treated like a red-headed stepchild. The other point is that they are only referring to the 2007 season anyway(your words). It speaks nothing of the future.

^Where do you get your information for the price of the investments? Im not calling you a liar but do you have any receipts because most people have just made speculations as to what they have cost, where do you know the exact costs from? LIke I said not flaming you just wanting to know where to find the information.

I'm not flaming you either, but seriously, can you think of a year since 1993 that ki spent more than 20 million on a single attraction? Not reciept wise but ballpark. The only thing that could come close is SOB but I'm pretty sure that wasnt 20 mil. Also I'm not saying its not possible but like combat said, if someone knows of something, I, along with everyone else want to know the source.