Pepsi at kings island

Guest faceoff

Guest faceoff

Since Pepsi is found at all Cedar Fair parks, the 2006 season should be the final

for Coke at Kings Island. When Cedar Fair bought geauga lake, Coke was out

right away and replaced by Pepsi. smile.gif

Yes, Paramount Parks signed a seven year deal to serve Coke products in its five parks. It will be interesting to see if that contract is still valid after the sale to Cedar Fair. Or, we could see Coke at the former Paramount Parks for the next six years after this year. Personally, I prefer Coke over Pepsi hands down, so I hope KI will continue to serve Coke for years to come!

To save you all some time:

"We have realized over the years, going from two parks to seven now, you get buying power for certain items," Witherow said. "All of our parks are Pepsi parks -- it's a more lucrative deal with more guests. We believe fully there will be buying power as we go to 12 amusement parks."

More buying power = lower prices?

"We have realized over the years, going from two parks to seven now, you get buying power for certain items," Witherow said. "All of our parks are Pepsi parks -- it's a more lucrative deal with more guests. We believe fully there will be buying power as we go to 12 amusement parks."

Regardless of what the contract may or may not say, few companies want to do business with a company that does NOT want to do business with them. A contentious business relationship is usually soon ended, much to the relief of both sides. Cedar Fair is most definitely a company that greatly prefers Pepsi. Very proudly so, too.

Actually, up until the early `90s Cedar Point served Coca-Cola products. Also, CoastersNSich, I hope that Cedar Fair brings back the classic Kings Island logo from the pre-Paramoount days. However, I feel we will see an all new redesigned logo for next season.

The article says that NOW only Six Flags and Disney stand between it and the top. That means that Paramount stood between it to. That is a plus for paramount but i guess it does it no good anymore. I would consider Cedar Fair now to be a better chain of parks than Six Flags. You never know CF could go on a rampage and buy Six Flags while they are at it. biggrin.gif

• 3 weeks later...
I perfer Coke to Pepsi. But at least if the do go with Pepsi in the Paramount Parks next year, at least they will have Mountain Dew!

Coke is better, but Mountain Dew is also awesome! So either way, I'll be happy. smile.gif