Metal Detectors

Guest faceoff

Thats good.  Rap seriously sucks.

Word. Fo' shizzle that crazy nonsizzle don't belong at P-Kizzle! All y'all shorties don't need to be bringin' the heat, juz bein' on they feet, kickin' it wit' da 513 heat, up n' down da street, kno'msayn? Peace to all y'all homeboys. Unh! Unh! Yeah! cool.gif

Seriously, the metal detectors, as a visible security measure, are a good deterrent to would-be troublemakers, and provide an added sense of safety to the park experience (especially in this post-911, post-Columbine world where unimaginable things can happen). I hope they keep them.

Word. Fo' shizzle that crazy nonsizzle don't belong at P-Kizzle! All y'all shorties don't need to be bringin' the heat, juz bein' on they feet, kickin' it wit' da 513 heat, up n' down da street, kno'msayn? Peace to all y'all homeboys. Unh! Unh! Yeah! cool.gif

Dude, you are SERIOUSLY white. rolleyes.gif

laugh.gif I don't want to say anything detailed about it - I just know a security officer who was present at the event when it happened - and said there was a gun. I did not see it for myself, so I don't really know.

Was it a friend of your sisters friends cousin that passed on the information?

Sorry - Klock I just had to say that.

Why do I have this sudden urge to go eat some of those new White Chocolate M and M's? Themed on Pirates of the Carribean, no less?

And THIS is my post 666.

An omen, perhaps?

Dude, if you'd only waited 5 more days, you could've had your 666th on 6-6-6!

Was it a friend of your sisters friends cousin that passed on the information?

Sorry - Klock I just had to say that.

Actually I think it was the Lemon Chill Guy's second cousin. laugh.gif

Dude, you are SERIOUSLY white. rolleyes.gif

Fo shizzle. laugh.gif

Thats good. Rap seriously sucks.

It's ok that you think that rap sucks, but there are a lot of people who don't feel that way. So, not every concert that is scheduled is gonna cater to only your musical interests.

Thats good. Rap seriously sucks.

It's ok that you think that rap sucks, but there are a lot of people who don't feel that way. So, not every concert that is scheduled is gonna cater to only your musical interests.

No, Rap really does suck.

But if folk want to buy it, that's their choice.

Of course the most fun at a Timberwolf Concert was each time Jimmy Buffett did multiple shows. He used to do between 2 and 4 shows in a week at the park. Probably the person with the most perfect sounding voice (even during sound checks) was Amy Grant. The best Party was probably Miami Sound Machine, Hall & Oats, Huey Lewis & the News or Men at Work. Probably the longest and most diverse crowd has been James Taylor. (From Priests, to Teenagers to Moms and Dads with kids) Probably the most visual has been Air Supply (lazers like you would not believe) The biggest teen crowd was the multiple shows that New Kids on the Block and Tiffany did. The concert that I thought would NEVER End was Moody Blues. The show I wanted to end as soon as it started was Jefferson Airplane. The most bizzare crows was Tears for Fears. The show that got me in the most trouble was BeachBoys when they ended their concert an hour early and most of my staff was on break.

No, Rap really does suck.

I wasn't disagreeing or agreeing with you. Just saying that some like it and would like to see rap concerts at timberwolf. And, one of my favorite quotes is "Just because you don't like it doesn't mean it's not any good". I live by this because it doesn't just apply to music, but to a lot of everyday life.

Man you have a very interesting taste in music, Huey Lewis Moody Blues, Amy Grant. I will also agree that I am not a fan of Rap

Not my tastes.

I was just commenting on the quality and about the concerts.

I'm a Country Boy that loves his Country Music and Dance Music. <G>

The thing with metal detectors is that they cannot prevent a gun or other like weapon from getting in the park.

If a person was sick enoungh to bring in a weapon to cause harm to guests in the park, there are numerous ways to get around the detectors. And if a person is that sick, they may just try and bring something in just to prove they could because the detectors are there.

The thing with metal detectors is that they cannot prevent a gun or other like weapon from getting in the park.

If a person was sick enoungh to bring in a weapon to cause harm to guests in the park, there are numerous ways to get around the detectors. And if a person is that sick, they may just try and bring something in just to prove they could because the detectors are there.

I think you're missing the point of the detectors. It's more along the lines of preventing people from bringing smaller pocket knives or concealable weapons into the park. That's so if a fight were to break out, it wouldn't get escalated to a higher level than it already is. It offers a certain level of protection, but like you said, it is no shield.

LOL

But ya know, a lot of times they tell me that I can't take my wallet with the chain on it into the parks. Some days it's ok, some days I have to go back out the the Jeep and drop it off.

I hardly think that my little pocket knife and my wallet chain are gonna be a risk.

LOL

But ya know, a lot of times they tell me that I can't take my wallet with the chain on it into the parks. Some days it's ok, some days I have to go back out the the Jeep and drop it off.

I hardly think that my little pocket knife and my wallet chain are gonna be a risk.

It's easy to say that, but when used correctly.....

LOL

But ya know, a lot of times they tell me that I can't take my wallet with the chain on it into the parks.  Some days it's ok, some days I have to go back out the the Jeep and drop it off.

It's easy to say that, but when used correctly.....

The only thing I'm trained to do with my wallet chain is to not drop my wallet off the motorcycle or on roller coasters.

With the pocket knife it's only to open those dangerous letters and packages. <G>

I think you're missing the point of the detectors. It's more along the lines of preventing people from bringing smaller pocket knives or concealable weapons into the park. That's so if a fight were to break out, it wouldn't get escalated to a higher level than it already is. It offers a certain level of protection, but like you said, it is no shield.

Big weapons or small weapons, if someone wants to get it in, they will.

When I had my first experiance with detectors (I believe at PKD back in '99) my initial reaction was "Why do they need metal detectors, what has happened here?"

Instead of a feeling of security, I was a bit nervous. At PKI since I go there often I do not feel that way because I know that there have not been any significant issues with weapons, but when I was at PKD I did look over my shoulder more than usual.

I don't remember much, if any, public relations problems when Cedar Fair removed them from the former Six Flags Worlds of Adventure.

Then again, there didn't seem to be any bad security incidents thereafter.

The nightmare would be if there were an incident involving a fire arm inside the park after the removal of the detectors.

I don't remember much, if any, public relations problems when Cedar Fair removed them from the former Six Flags Worlds of Adventure.

Then again, there didn't seem to be any bad security incidents thereafter.

The nightmare would be if there were an incident involving a fire arm inside the park after the removal of the detectors.

The problem would be if it happened soon after. If we got by without incident for a couple years it would be free and clear.

Do they wand ya going into the stadiums these days?

You can't go to any event in Atlanta without being wanded and having to empty your pockets.