My SOB Ride 5/28

PKIVortex

I finally got to ride the SOB this year. Let me just say, I agree with alot of other people on the site, it is a much better ride. The first drop was very smooth. The only real rough spot I felt was in the first double helix (rose bowl).

I did however hear a noise while going thru the loop I never heard before? Anyone else notice this noise?

Are you people crazy??? I rode it today, and it was still horrible! Here is a script of what I said during my ride this year...

"OW! F**K! GOD D**N IT! OWWWWW!!!! S**T! OH S**T!!! F**K NO! OOOOOOOWWWWW!"

Whoever says it is smoother this year was on pain killers during their ride.

Are you people crazy??? I rode it today, and it was still horrible! Here is a script of what I said during my ride this year...

"OW! F**K! GOD D**N IT! OWWWWW!!!! S**T! OH S**T!!! F**K NO! OOOOOOOWWWWW!"

Whoever says it is smoother this year was on pain killers during their ride.

Both Son of Beast rides I have had this year were quite enjoyable. I did however basically say that ^ on my last two Beast rides this year. It was the first time I was actually brought to tears by a roller coaster. Thankfully I didn't need to go to first aid - but it took me about 10 minutes of resting before I was able to make that decision.

Both Son of Beast rides I have had this year were quite enjoyable. I did however basically say that ^ on my last two Beast rides this year. It was the first time I was actually brought to tears by a roller coaster. Thankfully I didn't need to go to first aid - but it took me about 10 minutes of resting before I was able to make that decision.

I've never heard anyone say that about Beast. Is something up with Beast this year?

It was the first time I was actually brought to tears by a roller coaster. Thankfully I didn't need to go to first aid - but it took me about 10 minutes of resting before I was able to make that decision.

Which car were you riding in? If you were in the front or back cars, you will get tore up! That is just the way The Beast is, I haven't been on anything as rough as the front or back cars of The Beast! Breaks or no breaks...

-adam12

It was the first time I was actually brought to tears by a roller coaster.  Thankfully I didn't need to go to first aid - but it took me about 10 minutes of resting before I was able to make that decision.

Which car were you riding in? If you were in the front or back cars, you will get tore up! That is just the way The Beast is, I haven't been on anything as rough as the front or back cars of The Beast! Breaks or no breaks...

-adam12

The Front Car? No way!

I think that on woodies the rear car always beats ya up though.

It was the first time I was actually brought to tears by a roller coaster.  Thankfully I didn't need to go to first aid - but it took me about 10 minutes of resting before I was able to make that decision.

-adam12

The Front Car? No way!

Man o man, I will tell you that the last time I was down there the front car was just as bad as the back... I'm going to try the middle and see if it is any better. I don't care who ya are though The Beast RULES and always will!!!

-adam12

-adam12

The Front Car? No way!

Man o man, I will tell you that the last time I was down there the front car was just as bad as the back... I'm going to try the middle and see if it is any better. I don't care who ya are though The Beast RULES and always will!!!

-adam12

The Beast at dusk or as the fog starts to fall over the track.

There really is no better coaster in the world.

I rode SOB yesterday....

AND IT WAS HORRIBLE.

My friend and I usually sit in the front but it was a longer wait so we decided to sit in the second car, first seat. It was never that rough in the front. I was so mad, because it a little smoother, but instead it was a lot rougher.

Both Son of Beast rides I have had this year were quite enjoyable.  I did however basically say that ^ on my last two Beast rides this year.  It was the first time I was actually brought to tears by a roller coaster.  Thankfully I didn't need to go to first aid - but it took me about 10 minutes of resting before I was able to make that decision.

I've never heard anyone say that about Beast. Is something up with Beast this year?

No, Klockster is just anti-Beast.

Honestly how can anyone in the world be Anti Beast?

That just blows me away.

It's almost like saying "I hate puppy dogs!"

I like that... And if they ever try to close The Beast, we can tell the media it is like drowning puppy dogs. lol...

I rode SOB in 5-2 yesterday I still stay away from the wheel seats. I really did feel a difference to the ride. However I almost cracked my neck on the Backwards racer I was sitting in 5-1. The Beast yesterday gave my 7 year old nephew a bloody noise. The worst part of The Beast issue yesterday was, they didn't even have any paper towels at the ride, so my poor nephew had blood all over himself.

Both Son of Beast rides I have had this year were quite enjoyable.  I did however basically say that ^ on my last two Beast rides this year.  It was the first time I was actually brought to tears by a roller coaster.  Thankfully I didn't need to go to first aid - but it took me about 10 minutes of resting before I was able to make that decision.

No, Klockster is just anti-Beast.

I had no problem with Beast until that last ride. Do keep in mind I rode it 11 times in a row without getting out of my seat for the National Geographic shooting last September. I was in seat 33, and it was extremely rough.

I was not anti-beast until last weekend.

When I rode SOB my last visit 5/26, I rode it in 2-1. Should I have gotten the middle seat away from the wheel set? And to me there was some Impovement on the ride, but the first helix was just horrable. I didn't like it at all, the second helix was ok not perfected, after that heading back to the station was ok with some air time. I for one hate those resteraints, and puting your feet up on that resteraint lock box. The one for FOF is much better by puting your feet under it.

Both Beast and Son of Beast have three bench trains, but the wheel design is different. On either, the middle seat of a CAR will be far smoother than the front or back of that CAR (NOT train, CAR).

On Beast, the front of a car is smoother than the back, and almost as smooth as the middle seat. Son of Beast is a far different story. The fronts are, in my opinion, even rougher than the back, with 4-1 (pre-train truncating), being the roughest seat of all. 6-2 used to be, by far, the smoothest seat on the train.

That all being said, today I rode 6-2. I found it MUCH improved from last year, but nowhere near as smooth as when it reopened after the initial closure its first year. Not painful, mind you, but not exactly fun, either.

I also rode 1-1 on The Beast, and had a delightful time there.

I heard that this morning's ACE walkback was to FaceOff, as Beast was apparently not ready, as it often is not these days. Staffing issues in getting the two BIG woodies running at opening.

Delirium also started running later in the day, when it had not run inthe morning or last night...

I rode SOB today and it still hurt like last year. When I was walking over Top Gun after getting something to eat SOB was closed down for some reason. The guy standing out front on the line did not know anything.

I think the roughness has to do with your opinion of roughness. Yes SOB is going to be a rougher coaster, it's wooden and it's over 200 feet tall and goes almost 80 MPH. Like I said in my first post, I rode in 4-2 I said 5-2 but i'm not used to the new 5 car trains yet. I think it has improved except for the first helix. It was brutel in the first helix.