My SOB Ride 5/28

PKIVortex

That's very true too. I'm 6'1'' and I feel Vortex is not a rough arrow coaster at all. Even when I was younger and I was shorter never thought Vortex was rough. So it all comes down too what you think rough is to you.

I don't lean. The only time I ever lean forward in my restraint on Vortex is when we are coming into the break run after the helix, and I see their is still a train in the ready breaks. You hit that break really hard if you have to stop.

WEll sometimes rides are only rough because of how tall u are like my brother is 6 foot 3 and he agrees it was probably dealing with how tall he was.

Im 6' 6" and i rode SOB sunday in 2-2 and i thought that it was smooth... i know i work on the ride but it was my 2nd time going on it this year, my first time absolutly sucked i got a wheel seat and got thrown around like no other. Knees felt like they broke in half.

I rode SOB today for the first time after saying "never again.".... again last year.

On these boards I usually have taken every opportunity to trash SOB.... but that won't happen this time. I didn't want to ride it, but the two daughters of some friends we went to the park with wanted to ride and didn't want to go alone. So i figured well, I got the crap beat out of me before, I can take it again. I told the girls father as we departed from the station, "just for the record, this was a bad idea."

Now, to be fair after the first drop my cell phone rattled out of my pocket and I spent the balance of the ride focused on smashing my foot against the phone and the train floor as to not donate it to PKI's burial grounds of departed rides in the backlot... but it was..... dare I say smooth. And as far as coaster pain tolerance is concerned, I'm pretty much a wus. And I walked off thinking, "heck, I could do that again." When I got off the train I made sure to "log" what train and position... 2nd train, 3rd car, 3rd row.

CONGRATS to the maintenance crew for SOB. I still think the layout is lame and 1st grader dreaming could have designed a better track. But, it was a great ride today!

• 4 weeks later...