How often do Delirium and SOB close?

Deliriumbeast

I am new to the forums, but I have been studying every aspect of PKI for awhile, and had always wanted to go. Now this summer, I have the chance of going to PKI. The main rides I am really looking forward to besides Drop Zone and Flight of Fear are Son of Beast and Delirium. I heard somewhere that Delirium closes a lot. And so does Son of Beast. So how often does Delirium and Son of Beast close? Which one is more likely to close during June or July? Thank you so much if you can give me some answers!

Son of Beast may not open at 10am with the park, but it does almost always open.

It had been closed since last fall for a rehab and is open again. I doubt it closes for an extended period of time again this year, but it is a mechanical contraption...watch this space....if it closes for an extended rehab or repair, you will read about it here.

Delirium has had issues of late. The short answer is no one knows. I am sure Huss, the ride's manufacturer, wishes it knew.

Welcome aboard!

Thank you soo much!! I am visiting on a Friday, Saturday, and Sunday. I have seen on one of the trip reports that Delirium was just broken, or the lines were too long. I am visiting for three days, so does that make my chances of riding Delirium higher? Thanks!

A 3day visit, you'll most liekly get to ride it alteast a few times, and oh what a ride it is.
That is such good news!! I have heard it is an awesome ride. I have seen some videos of it and it looks really fun! I heard somewhere that they were waiting for a part to arrive from Huss in Germany. Are they still waiting on that part? I can't wait to ride Delirium!! Thanks for the info!

Nobody really knows how often any ride will be closed. Unless you ask Miss Cleo. wink.gif

Seriously, no rides are closed regularly for maintenance like X at SFMM was. There's no telling when they will go down or come back up.

Theres probably a pretty good chance Tomb Raider and Delirium will open and close throughout the day - so if you go and it is closed - just check back later.

And a good suggestion - if you see a ride cycling empty - that should by no means be interpreted as a sign that the ride will be opening soon... Everyone sees them cycling empty and gets in line. Then you end up wasting alot of your time baking in the hot sun. You will actually end up waiting less if you just come back when you know for sure it is open.

That sounds like a good place to start, I really want to ride Tomb Raider and Beast also. How long of a line does Drop Zone, Face/Off, and Son of Beast usually have later on in the day? Would Flight of Fear be a walk-on ride, first thing in the morning?

Delirium is much more likely to go to down than Son of Beast. Also, usually (not always) when Delirium goes down it only lasts for a little while (30-60 minutes at the most).

Son of Beast has been relatively well-behaved since it has reopened, aside from a few late opens.

Also, usually (not always) when Delirium goes down it only lasts for a little while (30-60 minutes at the most).

That's good news that when Delirium goes down, that it won't be down for too long. Thanks!! Does Tomb Raider go down more than Delirium?

If there is heavy rain or storms the night before/in the early hours of the morning, Son of Beast and The Beast will usually "wake up" late as the maintenance crews will get a late start on walking the tracks. (A task they start before the sun even comes up.)

If there is heavy rain or storms the night before/in the early hours of the morning, Son of Beast and The Beast will usually "wake up" late as the maintenance crews will get a late start on walking the tracks. (A task they start before the sun even comes up.)

I think they have a cool job.......The TRTR doesn't break down unless my daughter is in the ride line. blink.gif thats why I don't like to ride it with her.

Delirium was closed down on Sunday when I was at the park. They even had it listed on the sign out front that it was closed. I've been to KI 3 times this year so far, and Delirium has been down every single visit.
Has anyone been this year and ridden it this year? I hope it doesn't break down while I am there. Huss manufactured the Timber Tower at Dollywood, here in Tennessee, and it breaks down a whole lot! I have ridden it only 3 times, so I guess Huss' rides are breaking down more. But, hopefully I will get to ride it one of the 3-4 days I spend at PKI and Boomerang Bay.

Hello everyone. I am new here, I just found this website. I have not ridden SOB for a couple of years now. The last time I rode it, it was probably one of the worst coasters I have been on. But from what everyone says it is alot better now. Guess I will have to try it again this year

Hello everyone. I am new here, I just found this website. I have not ridden SOB for a couple of years now. The last time I rode it, it was probably one of the worst coasters I have been on. But from what everyone says it is alot better now. Guess I will have to try it again this year

You still have to ride it defensively, but it's 100x better than even last year.

Well, Shake Rattle and Roll at PKI seems to have very little down time, and it is a HUSS ride.

You know, considering the actions that Shake Rattle & Roll goes through, you would think it would break more often.

The fact is that it's just a workhorse. It keeps running and running and running.