hollywood boulevard

pki_delrious

*smacks head in disbelief*

I guess that I am showing my age- it is too bad that some did not have the opportunity to visit PKI before Paramount took over. It was a much better park when it was KI.

Taking out Coney Mall to replace it with a "Hollywood theme" would be a bad mistake. IMO Paramount has not paid attention enough to Coney, and too much on theming other parts of the park.

I totally disagree. Coney Mall is a great tribute to the late Coney Island. It even has some of Coney's old rides, and carries the same look and feel as the now defunct park did. Wouldn't sacrifice it for anything.
Coney Island is not defunct, it is still a park, CM and IS shuold stay the same.

International Street and Coney Mall won't be changed anytime soon, atleast I don't think so. I'm nearly positive Coney Mall won't due to the fact that in 2005 it will enter its second year of rehab, so I doubt they'd revamp it just to retheme it, of course they could be revamping it to a new theme, so who knows. International Street has lost most of its International feel, but I doubt they'll retheme it, especially considering that explaining how the Eiffel Tower would match another theme would be next to impossible.

I totally disagree. Coney Mall is a great tribute to the late Coney Island. It even has some of Coney's old rides, and carries the same look and feel as the now defunct park did. Wouldn't sacrifice it for anything.

::Moved to battle room::

I am in total agreement with Boddah. Coney Mall was established as a tribute to the great park that Cincinnati's Coney Island used to be and it houses Monster, Flying Eagles, and Scrambler from that park. Additionally, Coney Mall has traditional amusement park rides, such as The Racer and Dodgems. Coney Mall should stay the way it is.

Also, International Street ought to be maintained as it is. The Eiffel Tower, Mandarin Cuisine, and LaRosa's do give it somewhat of an international flare. And personally, I think that PKI should make International Street MORE international.

If anything should be changed to Hollywood Boulevard, it ought to be Paramount Action Zone that has Top Gun and Days of Thunder which are modeled after Paramount films....as well as Face/Off, Drop Zone, and Congo Falls which are named after Paramount films. Additionally, Paramount Action Zone has the traditional Hollywood water tower.

Those are my thoughts on this matter. Have a great day!

Italian Chef

:chef:

Coney Island is not defunct, it is still a park, CM and IS shuold stay the same.

Although Coney Island does exist where Old Coney once did, it's still not the same park. I'm actually basing this information off of a page that is an archive of almost all defunct parks in the USA. Click here to check it out. Some of the info and pics are really neat.

Yes, Coney Island is still in operation. I am a ride operator at the park this season, and have been for the past two seasons as well. While the park is no where near the scope it was in 1971 before it closed, it is still an amusement park. Sunlight Pool actually has been open every season since PKI opened in 1972. Coney has a lot of the classic midway rides that it once had which were moved to PKI and later removed from PKI. For example, Coney has a Super Round Up, a Trabant and a 3-lane slide, all of which used to be located at PKI. Also, Coney has a Scrambler, an old Eli Bridge Ferris Wheel in addition to the small Pepsi Pythoon roller coaster. It is not a big park, and certainly not high on thrill seekers must see destinations. It is a small park, with a main draw from picnics and groups outings. Most of the rides are of the whirl and hurl variety. The Pythoon provides some spots of severe air time, especially on the first drop which is why no one is allowed to ride in the back seat of the train. The ride is a little rough though. While still a shadow of its former self, Coney has survived and continues to thrill a new generation on the banks of the Ohio. For this season, the park has been busy repainting many of the buildings and rides.

^ Don't get me wrong, I don't want to play down Coney at all. Sometimes I go there just to kind of hang out and walk around. Especially before Riverbend concerts. Plus they have a couple of carnie-style that you can't find at PKI. A lot of fun on a day when you feel like having a relaxing time at a park and it seems like PKI will be crowded. It's especially good for corperate picnics and summer conventions.

Anyway, back on topic. It would be cool if the did theme AZ a little more. Maybe have some realistic statues throughout the area that looked like studio lights and stuff like that.... I just think they went in the right direction the first year and then just kind of stopped. I still really do like the area, though.

Ryan

Yes, Coney Island is still in operation. I am a ride operator at the park this season, and have been for the past two seasons as well. While the park is no where near the scope it was in 1971 before it closed, it is still an amusement park. Sunlight Pool actually has been open every season since PKI opened in 1972. Coney has a lot of the classic midway rides that it once had which were moved to PKI and later removed from PKI. For example, Coney has a Super Round Up, a Trabant and a 3-lane slide, all of which used to be located at PKI. Also, Coney has a Scrambler, an old Eli Bridge Ferris Wheel in addition to the small Pepsi Pythoon roller coaster. It is not a big park, and certainly not high on thrill seekers must see destinations. It is a small park, with a main draw from picnics and groups outings. Most of the rides are of the whirl and hurl variety. The Pythoon provides some spots of severe air time, especially on the first drop which is why no one is allowed to ride in the back seat of the train. The ride is a little rough though. While still a shadow of its former self, Coney has survived and continues to thrill a new generation on the banks of the Ohio. For this season, the park has been busy repainting many of the buildings and rides.

It is still a cool park.

I think with all their extra land that they haven't use PKI should make an expansion to the park and call it Hollywood Boulevard. And that way they wouldn't need to rename and ruin of any other parts of the park like I-Street or Coney Mall.

I think with all their extra land that they haven't use PKI should make an expansion to the park and call it Hollywood Boulevard. And that way they wouldn't need to rename and ruin of any other parts of the park like I-Street or Coney Mall.

Simply put, it would be cheaper that way.

Actually, I think that is the best idea yet. PKI could do it like when they opened Action Zone. They spent a ton of money on it right off.