smoking

foxman

I didn't think it was banned, per se, but rather limited to certain areas. Being a non-smoker, I never minded people smoking except in line. I'd like to hear how the smokers feel about the designated areas...are there enough of them and is it a pain to find a place to smoke.

One thing I don't think I've ever had a problem with was smoking in the park. If it was something that ever bothered me I don't think I would have had a problem asking someone to put it out.

But having been to a variety of parks (hundreds and hundreds of times) I don't think it's ever been an issue.

Smoking on the midways never really bothered me. Its when you got stuck in a line behind a smoker that bothers me. That has been banned for years now, but some people still do that...

The biggest problem with the smoking ban at PKI is that they don`t make it known to the public well enough. Yeah, its in the park maps, and they sometimes make an announcement on IS, but other than that, there are no banners (other than the smoking boxes) that notify guests that the park is smoke free. Holiday World, on the other hand, has lots of banners all over the park touting the park as smoke free.

Being a smoker it is a little tideous, having to get to the designated area. The only other time I encounter this was at Universal in Florida. I was just waiting for friends when I decided to light up. The worker who told me about was very rude about it. I told him I didn't know and he just went off on me. I really don't have a problem with it as long as we know about it. Maybe when you pay for your parking and you receive your map, a handout that gives out info

I'm not a smoker, and I couldn't care less whether or not people smoke inside the park. I can understand banning smoking inside restaurants and stores, but limiting to where you can smoke OUTSIDE?

I love this rule.

They NEVER enforce it, you have to crawl on your hands and knees on the CM/RT path to avoid the smoke, and its make some parts of the park unenjoyable because thats where all of the smokers hang out.

I was sitting at the Stunt Crew Grill, and there were 3 people smoking. Atleast 5 employees walked buy, didnt say a thing.

The biggest problem with the smoking ban at PKI is that they don`t make it known to the public well enough.  Yeah, its in the park maps, and they sometimes make an announcement on IS, but other than that, there are no banners (other than the smoking boxes) that notify guests that the park is smoke free.  Holiday World, on the other hand, has lots of banners all over the park touting the park as smoke free.

I agree they could do more to spread the word about it at PKI. HW literally had it posted everywhere and it was on queue announcements as well, so there was no way to miss it. And then the designated smoking area's were very well marked and are nice-looking places that seemed to attract people.

I'm a smoker and I had never had a problem not smoking in line. I don't have a problem either with the smoking areas. They are at least one in every area, so finding one isn't hard. I however still see lots of people who do not follow the rules. It makes me angry that some people think the rules do not apply to them.

I'm trying to pin point the date that everyone in the world became so hyper sensetive to Everything?

There must be a date somewhere?

I think this has been brought up before, but you do still make a good point.

How come 50 years ago when you could smoke everywhere except maybe a fireworks factory it never bothered anyone, but now anyone who doesn't smoke is automatically allergic to it? For some people it's legit, but I'm willing to say that for most it's just a victim statement.

The problem with PKI's smoking areas is that they're just designated areas of the midway where you can smoke. So those who REALLY can't stand the smell of smoke basically have to walk through it regardless.

I do agree, PKI needs to promote the smoking areas more.

I agree with The Interpreter, it's much worse at Six Flags. I was down at SFKK last weekend and there were so many people smoking all around that I didn't even know they had it restricted until i saw a smoking area.

Personally, I'd prefer to have the smokers disbursed a little bit rather than in selected areas. It never fails that an area seems to be near where I'm going by and it's almost like walking through a bar. Just my opinion though.

I for one, have never had a problem asking someone to stop doing something if it bothers me.

I'm trying to pin point the date that everyone in the world became so hyper sensetive to Everything?

We used to paint our walls with lead paint, and at the 1904 Worlds Fair, such items as Uranium neckalces were on sale while a new invention called the incubator was put on the row of joke inventions instead of next to things like the light bulb.

Things change, get used to it.

We used to paint our walls with lead paint, and at the 1904 Worlds Fair, such items as Uranium neckalces were on sale while a new invention called the incubator was put on the row of joke inventions instead of next to things like the light bulb.

What does that have to do with being hyper sensetive?

Just about anywhere you can stand - there are two smoking areas in sight. laugh.gif

Except in Kiddie Land - theres just the one down across from the bathrooms across from flume.

Actually Dr. Jones, theres a few, you have that one across fromt herestrooms on the virge of rivertown, then theres another one across from reptar and plankton, one on the way in across form scooby, one back in south pie near where the ghoster coaster used to be, and one by the krusty crab.

....yeah, I don't get it either.

Well no matter what they'll do, people will still smoke where ever they feel like it.

Just like jaywalking, speeding, cheating on your taxes, drinking and driving, open container law, underage drinking -you get the point.

KI police and ride operators have much more important things on their mind then trying to stop smoking in undesignated areas.

Imagine this: "Ride accident at Kings Island leaves 10 injured"- Ride operator left station to reprimand smoker in line.

Even though that scenario may be a stretch; there are E- Stop buttons for a reason that the operators need to engage in case of some type of electrical failure.

....yeah, I don't get it either.

We all know that Lead and radioactive materials arent very good for your body in large doses. Smoking isnt good for you either. It isnt that we are pickey, its bad for you.

Neither is Coke or Hamburgers of thousands and thousands and thousands of things people do every day.

Ya know, it really irritates me when I see people eating McDonalds too but it's really their choice.

• 2 weeks later...
Those smokers look like they're gonna come and beat me up but I think it should be banned everywhere.It's also surprising to me that there are those 2 ash trays in Nick Universe near Runaway Reptar I guess they allow smoking in NU which could SERIOUSLY kill the kids in the future from inhaling the smoke. ohmy.gif

You have citations as to the facts on that future health affects?

My thought is that if the park enacts a rule, it needs to be enforced 100%.

I would categorize someone smoking in an area where it is prohibited, and someone line-jumping, and someone carving their name in a queue, all as similar offenses.

I would like to know how significant of a decrease there has been in the number of cigarette butts being swept up at the end of the day compared to 2 years ago.