PKICentral Exclusive: School of Rock 2006

First off, thanks for the update... Very nice. Also nice of PKI to let you guys do that. Thanks PKI/PKIC

Now... I am a bit confused with the employee participation.

Even if you are in street clothes on your day off? You arent allowed to play a game or VIEW a show?

I could understand games, because thats like the radio stations saying that employees or family members are not eligible to win. But thats when you are essentially playing for free, like calling in... but nonetheless, same concept...

But going and watching a show... that seems a bit odd.

If you are out of uniform and off the clock then you can, but if an associate is in uniform than they cannot watch any shows. I hope this answers your questions

Also: an associate may attend an audience participation show off the clock and out of uniform but may not participate becuase prizes are awarded

I'm not an employee, but this is my understanding on the rule:

No prizes on games, so arcade games are generally ok, but games where you can win plush or things of that nature are not.

Audience participation shows: School of Rock is ok, but you can't perform in the Karaoke.

At Coney we have a similar policy, but it pertains to rides. Under no circumstances, are we to ride any of the rides while in uniform. There are obviously some exceptions to that rule though. Sometimes at Bumper Boats or Pedal boats, you have to get out in a boat to offer some assistance. Additionally, on Slide after it has rained, the quickest way to dry it off is to slide down it. Also, on busy days, the only way to get down when you go on break is to slide down. The people coming up the stairs make it impossible to walk down the stairs. And I have been told by maintenance several times in the past years to ride the coaster before we opened in the morning.

As a former PKI ride operator, I was allowed to test-ride rides while in uniform, but I had to take my nametag off. This was probably because of the chance of the tag becoming loose while riding.

Many times, this was a good way to "inspect" the ride to make sure things don't look, feel, or sound out of order.

Sometimes I'd ride before or after going on break, or even during a shift (when there was enough staff to do so). Of course, this would be at a ride I was ether assigned to or sent to - it's not like I ever hopped on King Cobra when walking to the Cafeteria from Drop Zone or Congo Falls.