Lots of info needed please!

becca011906

Hi all, this is my first post here! Me and my family, me, hubby, 3 kids, age 6,4,1.5 and my sister are all planing a trip for the end of july. Me and my hubby haven't been since '02, had been going yearly almost before that then we had a rush with disney a few 3 times with the kids, family stuff, ect. anywho...

Heading back to PKI and needing to know if we can make due with the 1 full day and day before 5pm-close or if we really need to take 2 full days... (our drive there and back will be about 3.5 hours)

Next we need some tips on where to stay... we have been looking at the Kings Island Hotel, but it's kinda pricey, compaired to others.... Can you buy aditional tickets through that hotel since the hotel package only comes with 2 adult ticks, and we need the PM ticks for the night before???

Stroller, stroller, strollers, first time i've needed to have on at PKI, never took the kids before this trip! Although used them a lot at disney... first how un comfy and a pain are the park strollers? Will the shuttle at the hotel let us carry a stroller on?

I think that's all for now, i'm sure i'll have lots more between now and the end of july!!!

Welp, my friends and I are traveling up there at the end of June with a four hour drive...we're staying there two days so we can do everything and not rush. We're staying ten miles from the park in the town of Sharonville at a place called Livinn suites. It looks nice and has a free breakfast. Includes a mic and fridge in the room..all of this for 54 a night! lol I cant help u on much more for the park..

Well, are you planning on doing Boomerang Bay? Also, are you planning on visiting during a weekend? If you are visiting during a weekend, and doing Boomerang Bay, you might need two full days so you don`t feel rushed. Lines are usually longest on the weekends. If you are skipping the water park, then you should be fine with one full day and 5pm to close the day before. Same also applies if you are doing the water park, but visiting on a weekday.

As far as hotels go, there are a lot one exit south on I-71 at the Fields Ertel Rd exit. However, as there is nearly every restaurant imaginable off that exit, traffic can be a little tedious. There are a couple of hotels one exit north of the park, on Kings Mills Rd. (There used to be a Holiday Inn, but it was recently reflagged, I think to a Best Western perhaps?). Kings Mills road hasn`t seen the rapid expansion that the Fields Ertel Rd area has seen so there would be less traffic congestion there (although that will soon change with the planned building of a Super Target next to The Beach Waterpark).

Yeah we stayed off of that exit you are talking about...luckily our hotel was right off the highway as we tried looking for restaurants further down the road. The traffic was horrible. It is a nice area though.

We plan to go to the park on a monday night and a tuesday, prolly will use the water park but not for to long, my dh doesn't care for the water parks, but my sister loves them so we can comprimise! LOL

For the hotels we saw a Kings Luxury Inn??? But it's not on any of the hotel sites, but has a link from the PKI site.... wondering about it... it's got some nice packages.

So anyone have anything to say about the strollers??

Thanks for the other replys!

we took a trip last year with my youngest in a stroller. we rented one in the park, I am not sure if you can bring your own in we didn't attempt it. On a weekday the crowds will not be too bad. I would plan on spending 2 entire days, if your not wanting to spend much time in the waterpark then you could get by with just a day and half, but you loose time quick in the waterpark I think.

For a hotel I would look at possibly staying off the kings mills exit or closer to sharonville to save money. I always prefer staying a few miles from the park anyway to save money on hotels and food. and with traveling with kids I like to be near someplace that I can goto a store and get food instead of eating out 3 times a day.

And you can bring your own strollers, if you wish. There is even a stroller entrance line.

Based on my experience, there are both more economical and nicer places to stay than the Kings Island Resort and Conference Center aka the Kings Island Inn. The Inn is no longer owned by the park, and hasn't been for quite some time now.

I too recommend staying in Sharonville, although I must admit I never really have to stay in a hotel to go to the park.

One thing that I would suggest is stopping by Guest Relations, which is immediately to your right as you enter the park. There you can get information about things such as the Baby Care Center and height restrictions for the rides. The people in GR will be more than willing to assist you with your new-found needs.

Have a good time!

Ryan

As author of The Unofficial Guidebook to Paramount's Kings Island, I have styaed at several hotels in the area - even though I live 40 minutes away. ohmy.gif

I recommend the Best West on Exit 25 or Amerisuites or Quality Inn on Exit 19. With 3 kids, you are probably better off with Best Western as it's usually cheaper.

To search for good deals, click on:

http://www.travelcoupons.com/ohio/ohiopage12.htm

http://www.travelcoupons.com/ohio/ohiopage13.htm

Personally, I would NOT stay in Blue Ash because it's unnecessarily far from the park.

Have a great day!

Italian Chef

chef.gif

O yes, last year I stayed at the Quality Inn off exit 19. The location is perfect. It is right off the highway but close to so many restaurants on the other side of the highway. The place was being completely renovated last year and offers a free HOT breakfast too. The outdoor pool was quite nice if I may add. You just have to deal with the hard to understand foreigners that work there. No offense to them as they are trying hard, but it did make checking in and out complicated.

Thanks for the thoes coupon links, but most of them say for rooms up to 4 people, we will be considered a family of 5... so that might make a differance...

Do most or all of the hotels around sell PKI tickets, i read somewhere that you can only get in the night before on a one day ticket from the hotels...

So for strollers, how are the park ones??? Are the big and hard, as in not comfy for my little one??? How much is rental? If we travel with one it will have to be straped to the top of the car more then likely and we don't want to have to do that unless needed...

More questions to add in!!!! Is there hight restrictions on the water park rides/slides??? i'm having trouble finding them anywhere.

Another aditonal ? Do PKI have any kinda of a baby swap so you don't have to wait through the line more then one time for you whole party to experiance rides with little ones??? If so how does it work??

Thanks again everyone, i'm so so so happy i found this place!

Well most places offer free kids when staying with adults so a rollaway bed or such will suffice for you if needed. As for tickets, order them at AAA or pick them up at a AAA store near the park if you dont have have time to order. this is if you are a member obviously. The rest of the questions I'm not sure of.

It's great to hear your making a trip to PKI; I hope you have a great and awesome time! I have some information for your questions you will find useful.

There are many Hotels in the area in general; some hotels do accommodate Kings Island.

Hotels listed offer a Paramount's Kings Island room and admission package that include General Admission tickets to the park. Packages are based on availability, most are valid weekends only. Package prices are at the sole discretion of the hotel and are subject to change without notice.

http://www3.paramountparks.com/kingsisland...comodations.cfm

Some additional information, some cool news, your 1 year old can go in the park free. For the rest of your kids it's $29.99. Now there are ways to lower this price. Other than what the hotel you stay at does price wise, you can see if they will accept coupons. Coupons are found in most products the park is partners with. There partners are all here... Partners

The Park web site does it's best to help you with your trip, enough to give you some list of rides your whole family can enjoy.

http://www3.paramountparks.com/kingsisland...isit_kids_6.cfm

Strollers, no problem. I have never had to use one... I'm too old, but I know from what I have seen and heard no one has had any problem with them. They are made of basic hard plastic and come in doubles or singles. Strollers also come with an extendable sun-roof! The shuttle bus should allow you to bring your own stroller on the bus to the park but the park stroller can't leave the park.

Hope this helps along with the info given by other posters. Have a wonderful trip!

yes the strollers come in singles and doubles, I have no idea how much they cost. I would guess 10 bucks, but that is just a guess. They are nice and have a place to hold stuff and even a brake. Funny though becasue this is usually where all of the family garb like merchandise, plushies from games, and clothes end up not the kid laugh.gif have a great trip.

I believe that you can get pki tickets from hotels we did when my family went the pkd.

I really don't understand "baby swap" I don't think ki has what you want but i really don't know

have a great trip

Is there hight restrictions on the water park rides/slides??? i'm having trouble finding them anywhere.

Another aditonal ?  Do PKI have any kinda of a baby swap so you don't have to wait through the line more then one time for you whole party to experiance rides with little ones???  If so how does it work??

Here are the Height restrictions for the water park.

user posted image

Baby Swap's are done this way. Some rides have a waiting area in the station for little ones. Rides that do not have this area for them to wait have the Baby Swap Policy. One parent rides while the other is with their kids, when the parent who just rode exits they look after the kids and the other parent will be aloud on the ride. I don't think you will have to do this if you are in the kid’s area the whole day.

I greatly enjoy staying at the Comfort Suites next to the Harley Davidson store and Outback right by KI. Very nice hotel and they offer quite large rooms. I also recomend staying north of KI because of the heavy trafic the farther south you go past KI on 71. There are also a few nice hotels in Lebannon, which is only a few miles north of KI.

I dont need to stay at KI, but I have stayed at a few of the mentioned hotels, which I think are still better choices than the KI hotel.

Enjoy your trip and take a couple days to enjoy everything. Go to a Reds game if you have the time. Nothing better than spending the evening at GABP with the family and watching the Reds win.

I think others have eluded to it, but the Kings Island Resort is kind of a dive. My wife and I stayed there about a year or two ago and it didn't score too high on the cleanliness factor for my taste. There is an Amerisuites on Mason-Montgomery Rd that we have stayed at a time or two. The cost is real reasonable, the rooms are great, and they have a free hot breakfast in the morning (easily a $20-30 value for a family of 5). You might check with the location to see if they have any park packages / transportation.

Ok thanks again for all this great info!!! We are still looking at hotels, we are not AAA memebers so can't get ticks from there, so i guess i need to find a hotel that does sell tickets in order to get the free after 5 night before deal???

Try a Krogers or Blockbuster in a surrounding city, or even PKI.com. They all have discounted tickets.

***we are not AAA memebers so can't get ticks from there, so i guess i need to find a hotel that does sell tickets in order to get the free after 5 night before deal???***

MOST AAA's will sell tickets to anyone who wants to buy them. In that function, they are acting as a travel agent, and do not care if you are a member or not. SOME AAA's will only sell to members. I'd try it. Nothing ventured, nothing gained!

And they aren't all the same. Prices and policies differ from club to club...

I think the Strollers are a $25 deposit which you get back $20 of when youve returned the stroller. Im pretty sure thats the price for it i seem to remember an upset guest who had been waiting in line and had left their stroller outside and it was taken. All they were conserned about was if they were going to get their depost back. I will try to find out more on the stroller pricing.

I think the Strollers are a $25 deposit which you get back $20 of when youve returned the stroller. Im pretty sure thats the price for it i seem to remember an upset guest who had been waiting in line and had left their stroller outside and it was taken. All they were conserned about was if they were going to get their depost back. I will try to find out more on the stroller pricing.

So, did the guest get their deposit back?

It's not like security shouldn't be watching to see that those strollers don't leave the park. I've often wondered how the guest is supposed to be responsible for the acts of others while they are riding, when it is the park that can most easily police that strollers and the like don't leave the park.

See that s why it worries me to rent a stroller, i often happend at disney world that other guess would take another stroller while it was parked outside rides, ect. then you are out of a stroller and possibly a deposit, ect.... i think it seems like it might be worth the hassel of straping a stroller on top of the suv....