Will Cedar Fair Move "Corkscrew to K.I. + More?

marlfox_21

Uh, Cedar Fair has REmoved all their Chaos rides.  They won't be moving anywhere, except if someone is silly enough to buy one of them. . .

when I was at CP last, earlier this year, chaos ride was still there...

By cracky, you are right!

http://www.cedarpoint.com/public/park/ride...chaos/index.cfm

Please strike that foolishness I wrote above (I was told they were removing them all...obviously they did not.)

Thank you for pointing that out...

Carry on...

so will Cedar Fair change PKI's thing where your child can go into the little "pen" on the other side of the station on some coasters. Or will it change to be like Cedar Point where you HAVE to do the parent swap thing

I am amazed at all of the moronic ideas and opinions on these boards now. Yeah Cedar Fair is going to move the CorkScrew to KI along with installing Demon Drop because KI has no Arrow loopers or freefall rides. Makes sense folks.

Hey why we are at it lets discuss how CedarFair only invests in CedarPoint and does nothing else for its other parks. Who here would complain if a ride like Patriot, Hydra, Talon, Xcelerator, Silver Bullet, the various Inatmin Impulse Coasters, the various flatt rides (Meteor, Thunderhawk, XtremeSwing, etc.) or how about the various Hypers instaled in the 90's. I think everyone here would be thrilled.

I just hope people start using some common sense and stop repeating every dumb rumor they here from their local crack dealer... I know that was a little harsh, but it is getting old.

Oh by the way Magnum XL is sinking and Cedar Point doesnt know how to fix it.

Who comes up with these crap rumors. Corkscrew isn't going anywhere. It's too old to invest time and money into moving it anywhere, and its loops over the midway are one of CP's postcard images. Demon Drop isn't going anywhere, it's for sale because maintenance costs are going up and there's a bigger drop ride already in place at CP, just like there is at Kings Island. Kings Island isn't in a position to be getting leftovers from anywhere. 3.5 million guests and a wad of cash every year will buy them new rides, not obsolete 30 year old steel coasters.

By the way, I heard that Vortex was sinking too.

To me, CF buying KI is kind of like Ford buying GM, or vice-versa. CF has to know that many KI fans think its the best, because of the decades-old KI vs. CP mentality. Why would they want to do anything to make people that like KI mad? I don't look for them any time in the next decade to put the CF rubber stamp on anything in KI.

The CP vs KI mentality has been destroyed a long time ago, with KI focusing on "The Best of Hollywood Entertainment" and CP being "Americas RollerCoast." It is very obvious to anyone that has visited either park over the last few years that they offer a completely different experience. SixFlags tried to compete against CP with GL and they failed miserably. Look for CF to add nice attractions to KI but nothing extremely ground breaking or record breaking, that will always go to to CP

The CP vs KI mentality has been destroyed a long time ago...

Maybe to a select group of "enthusiasts", but I don't think to the general public. Everyone I've talked to that just goes to KI, but doesn't keep up on inside news, has been pretty disappointed about the whole thing when they've heard of it, or I've told them.

Not really CP has four kids area's

Kiddy Kingdom near Space Spiral on the right side of the Coliseum

Peanuts Playground Right side of the Coliseum

Camp snoopy across from Gemini

Jr. Gemini Area right next to camp Snoopy and by Gemini

Rides Between camp Snoopy/jr. gemini and kiddykingdom/ peanuts playground are

Power Tower

Super Himalaya

Top Thrill Dragster

Magnum XL 200

Matterhorn

Scrambler

Witches Wheel

Corkscrew

• 2 weeks later...

I heard Vortex would be removed and replaced with the now disassembled Drachen Fire down at BGW.

Can't wait till we can all ride Drachen Fire next year and then go ride SOB for something a little smoother.

I also heard from the Dippin Dots guy up at CP that the Space Spiral will be traded to KI for the Eifle Tower and a ride to be named latter.

Any other ungodly stupid rumors out there people would like to talk about? wacko.gif

• 4 weeks later...
I heard Vortex would be removed and replaced with the now disassembled Drachen Fire down at BGW.

Can't wait till we can all ride Drachen Fire next year and then go ride SOB for something a little smoother.

I also heard from the Dippin Dots guy up at CP that the Space Spiral will be traded to KI for the Eifle Tower and a ride to be named latter.

Any other ungodly stupid rumors out there people would like to talk about? wacko.gif

The Eiffel Tower going to Cedar Point? That is about the stupidest thing I have heard all day. That tower has been in Kings Island since the day it opened. It is the Kings Island trademark. It would make no sense to move it, nor is there any reason to move it. Terrible decision if it ever happened.

The Eiffel Tower going to Cedar Point? That is about the stupidest thing I have heard all day. That tower has been in Kings Island since the day it opened. It is the Kings Island trademark. It would make no sense to move it, nor is there any reason to move it. Terrible decision if it ever happened.

Yeah, I hear there is a Cherry Picker overy by Top Gun that's ready to start dismantling the tower.

From what the word is that it would be removed by fall. <G>

^

^

Breaking news the ride to be named latter is acctually King Cobra. Cedar Point is going to open it next year under the new name Maverick. All of the construction and signs at CP are to throw us off, when in reality they are just going to reconstruct King Cobra. I am so excited

That's hilarious, Railrider! laugh.gif

"I heard Vortex would be removed and replaced with the now disassembled Drachen Fire down at BGW.

Can't wait till we can all ride Drachen Fire next year and then go ride SOB for something a little smoother."

laugh.gif Funny, but I'm almost 100% sure you heard wrong about Drachen Fire. Been dismantled and was a painful and unpopular ride.

I heard from a great source (some drunk guy at Chipote who worked for NASA or something with letters instead of words, might have been DOC I dunno) that CF had bought right-of-way from Sandusky to Mason and was going to install "Top Fuel the Tram" to shuttle people back and forth from KI to CP.

Hey,

Why don't they move all of CP down here and all of KI up there just to give all of us something new and different for then next few years?

I really don't see anything moving. It's cheaper to build new than to disassemble and reinstall most of these since so much would have to be changed due to terrain, space, and insurance companies (for anything older than a year).

• 2 weeks later...

All of this sillyness must come to an end. CF is not going to make any competition between CP,KI or GL. It is in CF's best interest to leave all of the parks as distinct personalities. I don't want KI to become CP, I'll drive 4 hours north if I want to go to CP. CP lacks the ambience that KI has always had even when Paramount was @ the reigns. biggrin.gif

All of this sillyness must come to an end. CF is not going to make any competition between CP,KI or GL. It is in CF's best interest to leave all of the parks as distinct personalities. I don't want KI to become CP, I'll drive 4 hours north if I want to go to CP. CP lacks the ambience that KI has always had even when Paramount was @ the reigns. biggrin.gif

Absolutely. One of my biggest pet peeves with these forums is people spreading downright insane if not impossible rumors... all while failing to use proper grammar, punctuation, and spelling!

For those of us expecting Cedar Fair to Cedar Point-ize Kings Island: dream on. Sure, new attractions, buildings, signs, etc. may have the look, feel, design, and probably even names that existing Cedar Fair parks have. They may even rename some existing things that may seem "too Paramount" or would fit better (like Xtreme Skyflyer being renamed RipCord).

You'll still walk down International Street with the Royal Fountain to your side, looking up at a blue Eiffel Tower, going down Coney Mall alongside a twin woodie called "The Racer," and go to Rivertown and ride a super-long wood creation called "The Beast." Cedar Fair will surely change the park, spruce up landscaping, pathways, and other aesthetics, but they will further maintain the identity of "Kings Island," whether or not the Paramount name and themes have been deleted. While I wouldn't expect extreme record-breakers and maybe even prototype-gimmick coasters, I would expect a large, high capacity steel coaster, probably from B&M - something to still bring the older trill-seekers, while they still add to the kids and family attractions.