5-8

PKIDelirium

Trip Report Parmaount's Kings Island - May 8 2004

After a lateer-than-usual start, we got to the park at about 4PM. The parking lot was packed! buses everywhere! We got parked up close (my dad was with us, PKI's handicapped parking rocks!) and got through security and into the park. I went staight to the Tower, and got in line. The first thing I was was that the lower base of the tower around the elevator doors had been painted a nice, rich green just like the tower's original colors. The new elevators are a green color on the outside, unlike the old red ones. I looked over, and there is Jeff Seibert loading people into the car! I wouldve said Hi but he left before I was ready to board. THe next car came down and I got in. THe control panels, which I had read that they were still the old panels, certainly were not. They have an LCD display showing the direction of travel, and the current level. Up and away we went, with a great view out of the all-glass-side-window elevators even the two sets of doors have windows on and around them. I got off at the top, and happened to look at the floor. YIKES!!! There is a gap between the car and the elevator, and you can look through it 300 FEET STRAIGHT DOWN!!! yikes! so I quickly crossed over it and went onto the deck. After half-filling a roll of film, I went back down. After quickly meeting my parents, they headed to Hanna-Barbrea while I headed into Action Zone. They reminded me to get some water, so I would stop in AZ. They were going to go to Festhaus to eat, but they said it was dirty and smelly. When I got into Action Zone, I immediately went and checked the line on Son of Beast. Unfortunetely, The line was all the way into the overflow queues by Top Gun's line after the tunnel. So I decided to check back later, because I REALLY wanted to ride Sonny today. So I headed back out and stopped at the Dippin' Dots stande by Xtreme Skyflyer and got a bottle of Coke. After wrenching the Coke open and starting on it, (Dammit, I'm hot and thirsty and they super-glue the #%@%@ bottles shut!), I headed to Adventure Express. I got in line and it moved fast. Not very long to begin with, about a htird of the weay into the covered bridge. I got to the station and got in line for the back seat. Just before my train got in, I finished my Coke and ducked the bottle into the trash can between the lines for the last two cars. Of course, my mom called as soon as I sat down and pulled the bar down. So I rapidly told her to jump off the Tower and wait until I got off, and I would meet them in Hanna-Barbera for lunch. But because of my position, I could not get my phone fully back into my pocket, so I had to hold my hand over my pocket the whole ride to avoid losing my wallet. Well, this was a bad idea. Not only was my pocket not closed properly, requiring me to keep my hand there to avoid losing stuff, I felt like burping through the whole ride from that PDB bottle of Coke! Plus, I was in the BACK SEAT. So I got off feeling quite unwell, and headed toward the Busytown Grill.

On the way toward Hanna, I finished up my film (Digital camera in repair shop, GRR. Oh well, That's what Photo CD's are for :) ) SO I got to Busytown Grill, and ate pizza, ehh, cardboard that my mom had brought from I. Street LaRosa's. As soon as I had that and a bottle of milk down, I beat feet over to Nickelodeon Central, found the Reptar lines to be WAY too long, and headed into Rivertown.As soon as I got into, nice, cool Rivertown, I headed up WWC's exit to look around. It had been years since I was last down there. SO I walked all the way down the exit (I swear, It's longer than Top Gun to get there), and went over to Tower 3. After getting change for the water gun controls, I

proceded to mercilessly

soak the next 10 rafts

that went through

BWAHAHA! Afterwards, I

hiked back out the exit

(bleh) and headed for

The Beast.

darn! Lines are not ym

friend today. Beast has

a line which is

WAYYYYYYY too long for

my tastes. So I decided