Tuesday 5/25

PKIVortex

Wow what a great day at PKI. Arrived at the park at about 11:45am, and stayed to about 6pm.

First ride of the day was Son of Beast, rode in 1-1. I enjoyed the ride, but it seemed a little rougher from my first ride of the season. My knees kept hitting the grab bar.

Delirium was up next, what can I say about this ride, has to be one of the best flat rides ever put into PKI. Loved it, only had to wait 1 cycle to get on.

I went on Drop Zone for the first time this year, had about a 3 cycle wait. I hate those seat belts that are on there now, they are different from when they first put belts on the ride. I guess they want to make sure you don't take them off while on the ride. But Drop Zone still gets that rush out of me every time.

Frontwards racer (backwards closed) Walk on ride, running pretty good, only rode once.

Went on to FOF after racer, FOF was probably the longest wait all day, waited about 30 minutes. Rode in the front seat, the lights where on in the drum (is this something that has been happening alot this year?) I seen the Cobra trains and what looked to be a car for FOF down their, also a bunch of other things.

Went onto SP3D after FOF, seen the new signs about Days of Thunder, I'm really looking forward to riding Days of Thunder again at Action Theater. Funny little fact, Days of Thunder first opened 10 years ago this year.

Had to ride Vortex after SP, rode Vortex in 7-1. For some reason the train was in, kept making some really weird noises as it was going around the track, almost sounded as if the cars were going to come undone. I'm one of the few people who doesn't really think Vortex is rough, but today it wasn't running at it's best for some reason.

After Vortex it was time for some food, almost every food place in the park was closed today, but I know it was limited operation day, but come on PKI at least give your guests a list of things that will not be open. First walked over to Wings to find it closed, then I remembered while I was in AZ that Stunt Crew grill was open, so I headed over there. But guess what, by the time I got back to Stunt Crew it was closed. So I ended up going to Festhaus, and just having 2 pieces of pizza and some cheese fries.

After lunch, I went back to Action Zone to ride Face/Off actually had a walk on ride. Is it me or has this thing got jerky? I banged my ear somewhere while on the ride.

I also had my first ride on Congo Falls, I actually got pretty wet while on the ride, and not from the sprayers either so that was cool. ( I hope the rumors of this ride being removed is not true)

I went to check out Top Gun for the first time this year, Top Gun was running great, why doesn't people tend to like this ride?

After that, we rode The Beast in 1-1. Funny thing happened right before it was our turn to get on. The driver stopped the train passed where it's suspose to stop. So the ride ops on the floor had to use the nails and open up all the bars manually. I also noticed that all 3 trains can now be stopped in a row. You can have 1 train in the station, and 2 on the long break run outside the station. In the past, if you had a train waiting to come into the station, the 3rd train would stop the 2nd lift. So that kinda freaked me out seeing the 3rd train comin in. But with the clamp breaks that make it possible.

After The Beast I was ready to go, so I went and bought a couple of t-shirts and I was gone for the day.

Something I noticed today, ride ops where being nice with letting people ride again, when they were no line. When I was a PKI ride op we were not permitted to let riders ride again, if they were empty seats

I forgot to mention something from my trip from yesterday. While riding Drop Zone these kids sitting next to me, probably no older then 13, started to spit as we were almost to the top. I told them not too, I said if they get caught they could get kicked out of the park, or even face mistermenor charges. That it was against Ohio State law to drop anything or spit from the ride, same as the tower. They stopped after I told them that. Kids are so stupid sometimes.