Nickelodeon Celebration Parade!

It's time to 'get on your feet and dance' again as the Nickelodeon Celebration Parade makes its return the the midways of Paramount's Kings Island!

With an new soundtrack, an all new dance, but the same wild atmosphere, the 3rd annual Nick Parade is sure to be another smash hit for both kids and adults alike!

Click here to see photos from the 2006 Nickelodeon Celebration Parade!!

Regards,

Ryan

PKICentral.com - Where everyday is a celebration.

^The Parade was great today. They put a lot of hard work into it and it shows. Even though I never watch any of those shows I imensely enjoyed it and the atmosphere it brought. After seeing the parade multiple stimes last year and seeing it today on top of viewing School Of Rock twice today with BOddah and zoso I must tell you all what a fantastic job the entertainment department at PKI does. THe entertainment is definently right on par with Disney.

^The Parade was great today. They put a lot of hard work into it and it shows. Even though I never watch any of those shows I imensely enjoyed it and the atmosphere it brought. After seeing the parade multiple stimes last year and seeing it today on top of viewing School Of Rock twice today with BOddah and zoso I must tell you all what a fantastic job the entertainment department at PKI does. THe entertainment is definently right on par with Disney.

Okay....since you said at first you never watch any of the shows (prior to this time), I just gotta ask:

Do you watch the shows at Disney? Which ones? Where?

School of Rock is good, yes. The Nick parade is impressive for a seasonal park, yes. The performers put their heart and soul into their work? Indeed!

But on a par with Disney? With Disney levels of props, staffing, original music and scores, care and preparation? Do you really have a Disney show knowledge base to compare the Paramount entertainment to? Have you seen, say, Phantasmic? The Disney Electric Parade?

Not picking on you (I hope I wouldn't do that), but I am just curious. Just as I was shocked the other day when a poster suggested anything Cedar Fair did would be better than Paramount show-wise.

Then again, it's opinion. But I really am interested. And I must ask, have you seen the shows at Seaworld in Orlando? Ever seen a Broadway show? An off-Broadway show? Or the Christmas show at Dollywood? Or even a show at Six Flags Over Texas, Fiesta Texas or Six Flags Great Adventure (the latter ONLY after 2004)?

If you don't normally watch shows, and think that Paramount's entertainment is on a par with Disney, it isn't very much different than someone who doesn't ride coasters but rode Space Mountain once to think it is on a par with Voyage. Or with The Beast. Etc., etc.

Yeah I really don't care for the new dance, I am not a guy for spinning. Not to bash the parade but I was hoping for some new floats sad.gif but I really like the parade and they did another great job with it this year. Also I noticed Timmy's Sky Tours closed for the parade. Why. We get to close some of our games so a ball or somthing doesn't fly out of the game and mess with the parade biggrin.gif but why a ride.

Well, no one can expect a seasonal park to have the props (floats) like Disney does. They obviously have more money to work with. That being said, FOR A SEASONAL PARK, the parade is the best i've seen. But I do think that School of Rock is right up there with most shows that Disney or Universal put up. BTW, hows the new S.O.R compared to last years?

Interpreter

When you say "original score" - i think you mean custom arrangement. Hardly any of the Disney show music is 'original'. I would venture to say a vast majority of it is popular themes they quote in the show. So you would have to agree that the music for the Nick Parade, the Winterfest parade and the winterfest shows all had custom arrangements, like Disney has....

The parade last year was really cool - and I am definately going to see this years parade next time I am up. You say its a new soundtrack? Thats cool - but last year's was great too. I used to listen to it over the winter when I needed some cheering up.

Okay....since you said at first you never watch any of the shows (prior to this time), I just gotta ask:

Do you watch the shows at Disney? Which ones? Where?

School of Rock is good, yes. The Nick parade is impressive for a seasonal park, yes. The performers put their heart and soul into their work? Indeed!

But on a par with Disney? With Disney levels of props, staffing, original music and scores, care and preparation? Do you really have a Disney show knowledge base to compare the Paramount entertainment to? Have you seen, say, Phantasmic? The Disney Electric Parade?

Not picking on you (I hope I wouldn't do that), but I am just curious. Just as I was shocked the other day when a poster suggested anything Cedar Fair did would be better than Paramount show-wise.

Then again, it's opinion. But I really am interested. And I must ask, have you seen the shows at Seaworld in Orlando? Ever seen a Broadway show? An off-Broadway show? Or the Christmas show at Dollywood? Or even a show at Six Flags Over Texas, Fiesta Texas or Six Flags Great Adventure (the latter ONLY after 2004)?

If you don't normally watch shows, and think that Paramount's entertainment is on a par with Disney, it isn't very much different than someone who doesn't ride coasters but rode Space Mountain once to think it is on a par with Voyage. Or with The Beast. Etc., etc.

Nah interpreter your not picking on me, but when did i say i hardly watched any shows? What I meant was that prior to School Of Rock and the nick parade I never bothered tos ee the shows except once or twice. I have gone to Disney the past two summers in a row, seen their electrical parade, and phantasmic, the indiana jones stunt show etc. I've been to a boradway play, I've seen the rocketees and I still agree that School Of Rock and the Nick parade are right up there. Speaking as a musician I know the amount of work it takes for the people in shcool of rock to get everything jsut right and how to interact with the crowd plus the performers with you and tey do such a good job. One thing I'll give you though interpreter is that the INdiana JOnes Stunt show comepletely blows away the Tomb Raider stutn show PKI used to have laugh.gif

I love the parade. When was the last time you saw a parade like this at Cedar Point? I think though the shows have been lacking at KI, the parade really helps to fill the void cause, people practically have to watch it no matter what. And what family doesnt like a good parade with happy people in bright colors.

• 16 years later...

Resurrecting a very old thread! Someone was able to find the soundtrack from this parade and put it on YouTube! I was really little when they did this and very sensitive to loud noises at the time so there was no way I would've enjoyed this, but man looking at videos of it, it looked like a ton of fun. At least now we have the Carnivale parade and this past year the 50th parade. Honestly, the kickin it all over town would've been a perfect song to use this season for Nickelodeon references like in Fun, Fireworks, and 50 and/or the 50th parade if they would've been able to get the right licensing for it. 

• Like 2

@Hawaiian Coasters 325: Thanks for sharing! I remember seeing this parade go by while working in Food Service (It's Fried/Midway Treats and Eats to be exact)! :D That was a long time ago...

EDIT: Also, Fun Fact, the individual who made the last post before the thread was recently revived is one of my best friends!

EDIT2: Superchick was on the soundtrack!?!?! That's awesome!!! :D

EDIT 3: Also Jump5!!! This is an awesome mix!

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...