Why Do You Like Kings Island

PKIMAN!!!!!!!!!!

This is kinda funny as I was randomly searching forums a few mins ago and found this same topic from a year or two ago about this... but anyways its a mixture of thrill rides and theming, along with a great atmosphere.

The rides, characters, shows and atmosphere.

But I admit - I liked the shows and characters A LOT more back in 2000-2002 when Hanna-Barbara characters roamed the parks and there were Scooby Doo & Country Music shows. From my perspective the park was BETTER then.

Have a great day!

Italian Chef

chef.gif

i agree with you Chef the park was better when HB Characters roamed the park and meet and greeted with you the park felt like it had an overall better atmosphere.

It is sad that I can no longer see Hanna-Barbara characters at International Street and elsewhere.

Also, I don't dig how the Nickelodeon characters stay in one spot now - other than the parade, which rocks. There is something magical about seeing characters roam the park. I hope that CF will bring back the magic and have the characters roam the park.

Blessed Day!

Italian Chef

chef.gif

Vortex biggrin.gif

But seriously, KI has a nice variety of rides. NU is a suprisingly enjoyable section, with a log flume, Avatar (I love that thing), a shooting ride, and a few more good family coasters. Also, Congo falls is fun, and who doesn't love Drop Zone? Finally, Rivertown. All 3 coasters there pwn bacon (I'm counting IJ and Vortex, since they border the section)

Yeah, but it's right next to the entrance, so I'm counting it. It sort of falls into the same catagory as IJ being in rivertown. I admit that Vortex is a stretch, but I love that thing too much to disinclude it.

For me, it's somewhat nostalgic. I have been going to KI since it opened. A lot of great family memories came from that place. From the great shows of the '80's, to the openings of The Beast, The Vortex, and many other great rides. I miss the old HB characters too, but, realistically, children know Nick now, not HB. sad.gif

^ever ridden tenesse tornado?

I like Kings Island because of the memories I have there of going as a kid, memories of going there iwth friends who I'm not that close to anymore, and how everytime I go in there I find some new photographic oppourtunity, it is one of my favorite places to take my cameras.

Because no matter how many times I go, I can't get over how cool the entrance experience is: the bombastic, classical-sounding music, the cool mist of the fountains, the majestic tower, the people screaming over on Face/Off, and the aroma of food, perfume and sunblock. I just never get used to it. It's cool.

• 1 month later...