Article on Gravity Group

• 11 years later...

I tried to look up the link in the OP on the Wayback Machine, but got a response saying that "This URL has been excluded from the Wayback Machine", probably because the Enquirer has blocked the Internet Archive bot from crawling its site. Searching for ("gravity group" site:cincinnati.com) on Google returns zero results.

• Like 1

On 1/16/2018 at 9:02 PM, IndyGuy4KI said:

GG can make a great coaster. (See Voyage) Even being in their back yard, CF does not seem to pay to much attention to them. At least not what we have seen.

I love both companies equally so I'm trying to see the benefit of working with GCI over GG. Better prices? More flexible? 

Any ideas?

• Like 1

I've always imagined that maintenance costs played a big part in that.

Kentucky Rumbler is the worst maintained GCI of the ones I've ridden*. There are 12 cars to a train on that ride; when I rode a few years ago, maybe half of them had all of their ornamental pieces still attached. I wouldn't accuse that ride of being rough. It opened in 2006.

Meanwhile, Voyage frequently has extensive retracking (or even redesigning of supports, like in 2012) that the park actively promotes alongside any additions or renovations to the park. Steve Gorman has said at enthusiast events that Ravine Flyer II has two layers of steel on the insides of the track to try to keep it firm and resistant to damage (which causes roughness.) Boardwalk Bullet is probably second to only Son of Beast in terms of how rough it can be. All opened the same year as Kentucky Rumbler or later.

I love both companies, but I get the impression that one costs more longer-term.

*Not including the ones that originally operated with PTC trains. Those ones are in a class of terribleness all on their own. I'm just talking about the ones that have always operated with Millennium Flyers.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1