Closest campground

chatterbox2525

What is the closest campground to Kings Island? and is there alot of difference between Carowinds and Kings Island. We are thinking of going over the 4th of July and thought about going to carowind since it has a campground but was unsure if it was as nice as Kings Island.

Thanks Traci

Click on the link below.

http://www.ohioslargestplayground.com/list...bend=S&notify=1

It lists all of the campgrounds in Warren County. I'd say the one in Lebanon is teh closest to PKI.

Have a great day!

Italian Chef

chef.gif

Guest TombraiderTy

at Morgan's Canoes, at one of those rest places, are two trash cans from KI. They are where the rock wall is, near the shelter. I found out about them on a BS canoe trip.

Carowinds C/G has reopened, and has been completely redone.. Parks is great to visit. Most of our group, after 25 years at PKI will be at PKD in Virginia next week, only stopping by PKI for a 1 day visit. This will be happening until a new CG is built at PKI, I think that Carowinds CG will be a model for PKI.

Rick

Carowinds C/G has reopened, and has been completely redone.. Parks is great to visit. Most of our group, after 25 years at PKI will be at PKD in Virginia next week, only stopping by PKI for a 1 day visit. This will be happening until a new CG is built at PKI, I think that Carowinds CG will be a model for PKI.

Rick

I kind of doubt it.

I figure the new campground at KI will be done Cedar Fair style...

For references, see Cedar Point.

• 1 month later...

Well, if that plan was already in the works for next year, there is no reason to think any differently. The campground would produce revenue for Cedar Point and may already be budgeted. And we all know it is needed (even those of us who would sooner sleep in the trunk of our cars before we stayed in a campground!)

As of now, there are no plans for next year. Since a contract wasn't signed to start construction, it probably will not happen for a while. Our group did not buy S/Passes this year, nor will we buy for next year W/Out a campground. That translates to appx. 60 passes X 10 days= 600 park admits, not to mention the cash we spend, multiply that by how many other groups. Maybe someday upper mgmnt will get the msg, after all, they underestimated the power of animals when they took over Geuga Lake and eliminated the Sea World park.

Rick

As of now, there are no plans for next year. Since a contract wasn't signed to start construction, it probably will not happen for a while. Our group did not buy S/Passes this year, nor will we buy for next year W/Out a campground. That translates to appx. 60 passes X 10 days= 600 park admits, not to mention the cash we spend, multiply that by how many other groups. Maybe someday upper mgmnt will get the msg, after all, they underestimated the power of animals when they took over Geuga Lake and eliminated the Sea World park.

Rick

I lament that the whales, tigers, dolphins, and other animals are gone.

And just how do you know there has been no contract signed or that there will be no campground next year or even that if there has been no contract signed it is too late to do so now?

Please, give Cedar Fair and CBS some credit. It is not necessarily the case that there will be no campground next year. . .

Rick

LOL

I really don't know why folk think that Boycotts really still work in this day and age. That cornball Family Association and even the Baptist Convention always try that and it never succeeds.

Fact is that these are businesses and before most businesses decide on a course of action, plans are made.

Yep. I'm quite sure the people who stay at Great Wolf Lodge will spend less money in the park collectively than the people who stayed in the campground spent in the park and to camp.

Not.

I really don't see GWL being a great boone for KI.

I think it adds another option for folk to access as lodging, but they certainly seem to be pricing themselves out of reach of many regular folk.

It was never intended for "regular folk."

The people who go there will, in many cases, not be people who otherwise would have visited Kings Island. Many had in the past, but had no desire to go back.

Others WILL now go to Kings Island who otherwise would not have.

The campground probably drew few who would not otherwise go to the park.

Yes, there will be another campground some day. Almost without doubt.

But if Viacom had not thought that the GWL was a good deal for the park, or at least for Mr. Redstone, they would not have cut the deal they did. And the 16 percent CBS interest in GWL was offered to Cedar Fair, as we learned recently. They turned it down.

We are not saying that the GWL is a bad idea, it will cater to a completely different demographic group. Anything that will bring in more revenue is a good idea. But by eliminating the C/G, they lost one section of the pie. There are more families that can afford to camp than stay at the GWL, which will reflect in attendance figures down the road.

Maybe that is why we all got surveys, wondering why we did not purchase S/Passes this year. We must have struck a nerve.....

This is not a boycott, just a choice.. Maybe none of you have ever camped out for a week at PKI... We've done it since 1988, every June for at least 10 days at a time. Not having to leave the grounds or drive home(hotel), fighting traffic on the way out. Have a few drinks at the Budweiser Express, knowing that the tram will bring you home. If the park is busy, go back and relax, come back later in the day. The tram would bring us right to the water park. When storms rolled in then out, we would have the park to ourselves. There is not enough room here to go on.

No I'm not a Baptist, and yes last year we tried the other local C/Gs, it was no fun, so the choice was made not to return, until a new C/G is built.

One last item, we live in northern Michigan,6 hours away, 1 hr away from the GWL in Traverse City, never stayed there yet, but one day, in the winter, we will.