#1 worst ride?

industrialfreakk

Give the ride you think is the worst at pki and at least 3-5 reasons why...

I think the italian job stunt track

#1. Lines too long(maybe cars with more seats, bigger trains, or more trains would help this)

#2. Speed? ( i think they shouldve made the cars go alittle faster, quicker acceration to make it more relistic to the movie)

#3. Did i miss something or does fire come out near water barrel? Odd...

#4. Ride should be longer. (Too short of a ride for the wait)

Well, this is certainly a nice and productive thread for new management of the park to see. . .

Just an observation in passing. . .

Paramount thought so much of ISJ that it built another, just about exactly like the first, at Doswell, Virginia, at Kings Dominion. The placement in that park is far better, though. And they didn't take out two family rides to put in what is an allegedly family oriented coaster. . .

I bet it was bought and built at about the same time as PKI IJ. They came up with replacement trains for the ones that burnt too fast after the fire not to have.

Nope. The replacement trains were on loan.

From the second IJST built...in Canada, from Canada's Wonderland. That park, conveniently, opens later than KI.

I actually think it was some time after the park opened up there before they had all three trains. In fact, both parks ran a mixture of rolling stock until the replacements were delivered.

Anyway, they wouldn't have built the trains for KD's coaster before last winter. Too many things can happen to stop a coaster from actually being delivered. Why, the parks could even have changed hands....

I say uhhh...... none of them.

1.They are all world class coasters in their own mind.

2.I cant see the park without one of them.

3.Italian Job may be the worst but it is making a heck of a lot of revenue off riders.

4.What the heck did i just say about IJ:ST it made no snse.

There is mine.

What cracks me up is. Hardly any of the effects work like they are suspose too. No more lights on the cars in the sewer, and I can't tell you how unrealistic it is, to see an exit sign while in the sewer part of the ride. They use to have lots of Fog in that part and you couldn't see them.

What cracks me up is. Hardly any of the effects work like they are suspose too. No more lights on the cars in the sewer, and I can't tell you how unrealistic it is, to see an exit sign while in the sewer part of the ride. They use to have lots of Fog in that part and you couldn't see them.

The exit signs in there are required by law and must be illuminated, theres nothing the park can do about that. The only fog that was ever in the tunnel was right at the entrance after the helicopter scene and it still continues to run. Every effect built for the ride is currently working except the sound track in the cars and the lights on the cars. The fishtailing and bumping stair experience were never installed. You may think its a bad coaster however it performed well enough with the GP that another was built that has performed well in guest satisfaction surveys.

Incorrect King Maple, the fishtailing effect was installed on the trains. It can be felt on the trains in the turns right before the banked turn over by Dodgems. It can be felt better the closer you are to the rear of the train. The subway stair effect was never installed.

The exit signs, as was mentioned above are in accordance with the Ohio Building Code (OBC). All exit signs from a space must be illuminated with exit signs. And since the tunnel is considered a building, it must have means of egress in the even there is a fire in it.

^Are those tunnels not considered buildings according to how their specificatiosn meet the guidlines which apply to having the exit signs? Adventure Express by the way does have an illuminated exit sign I think now. I could be, and most likely am wrong.

It does, but not as many as would otherwise be required.

And it usually has at least one open door!

• 1 month later...

i think the stunt job is a good ride as long as i dont have to wait more than 30 minutes to ride it...lol i also think it was a good addition to the park if its one of my favs or not is represents variety... i just wish they would have left the antique cars ... yes they were an old attraction and in all reality not that fun but it is or was a part of the original park......change is good but sometimes its too much... i also wish they would bring back the sky lift thingy that ran above the entire park.... i know they had alot of problems with it but technology is alot better today.....

i think the stunt job is a good ride as long as i dont have to wait more than 30 minutes to ride it...lol i also think it was a good addition to the park if its one of my favs or not is represents variety... i just wish they would have left the antique cars ... yes they were an old attraction and in all reality not that fun but it is or was a part of the original park......change is good but sometimes its too much... i also wish they would bring back the sky lift thingy that ran above the entire park.... i know they had alot of problems with it but technology is alot better today.....

Unfortunately, the patrons are not. Technology of sky rides has changed very, very little and was never the problem. Patrons keeping their spit in their mouths and their objects in the gondola WAS.

When i rode it a couple of weeks ago my uncle was like whenever you go through the tunnel look at the lights on the cars. Well we went through and wouldnt you know there were no lights. I hope that CF will either do away with it or keep the theming up to par.

Unfortunately, the patrons are not. Technology of sky rides has changed very, very little and was never the problem. Patrons keeping their spit in their mouths and their objects in the gondola WAS.

That was not the problem with the Skyride at Kings Island.

The major problem was at the station located in Oktoberfest. It required some extensive repairs and they had ALWAYS had difficulty in obtaining parts for the repairs.

Apparently, it was very different than the one used at Kings Dominion.