#1 worst ride?

industrialfreakk

You mean the one at Kings Dominion which is also not there any more?

That one?

Yup, but was there years after the one at Kings Island left.

The mechanisim of the one at Kings Dominion looked to be a lot less heavy duty than the one at Kings Island.

If you looked at the one at Kings Island, it looked as if it would last for ever. But there were issues with the station in Oktoberfest.

I remember when they first pulled it out and made the Oktoberfest station a Wine and Cheese restaurant.

LOL! Let's see how many folk remember that!

Worst ride in the park... Top Gun! You don't get to "walk through" the themed ship w/ the effects and such... and it's FAR TOO LONG of a walk for a REALLY SHORT ride! Some people it's Arrow's best suspended coaster... but I think it's one of the worst! There's really nothing too it! The only good part is getting a great view of the new Great Wolf Lodge! After that it's like... yeah... ok?

Every time I go to KI, ALL the effects on IJ:ST work! Except the headlights... and I like it that they are off, I love total blackness on rides, it's more thrilling! IJ:ST is one of the most FUN rides KI has! It's not meant to be fast, tall, or even considered an "extreme thrill". It's just plain FUN!

The next worst has to be SOB! Just burn the thing down and get us a new ride! That's all. -Hauntguy

SOB.... not only because it is so rough and currently closed but because of the train cars. I have cut my legs on the bolts that stick out by the lap bar more times than should be which is none. Those Premier Rides cars need to be replaced should Sonny ever open again.

Aww i love SOB sad.gif but i can understand why it's probably the least favorite ride due to the accidents and the jerkyness...i guess I just thought of this... they took away the name "beastie" and made it into a fairly Odd parent coaster, now SOB possibly will be gone...so The Beast family has parted?? blink.gif

• 2 weeks later...

The weird thing about PKI is that "worst" ride is such a weird term...if we were talking about CP, I could easily spit out "Mine Ride!" "Disaster Transport!" in terms of worst rides, because they suck, lol.

But even my least favorite PKI rides have their merits (I have not been in like two years, though, so I have not ridden IJ). But here are my least-favorites, although most hardly qualify as worsts.

Adventure Express: It's only one of my least-favorites because I'm a big roller coaster fan who wanted a big, scary coaster. That's not what this is. But I'm okay with that. It's still a lot of fun in parts and I do love the turns...however, the last lift hill is the biggest rip off in the world.

Scooby Doo: Sorry. Just kinda sucks, I think. The themeing is cheap and kinda stupid and it's nowhere near as original as Smurfs or even PT. Still, kids like it, which is who it's geared toward, so that's what matters.

Top Gun: It's a fun ride, with great turns and a cool drop at the beginning. But it's so stinkin' short!!!!!

Face/Off: Fun ride...but not worth the slow, long line.

But my pick for worst ride....

Action Theater: Aside from laughing at the Spongebob movie, I've never enjoyed it. The effect of moving just doesn't feel real...I'm too aware that I'm watching a movie and being jerked around in a chair. It isn't near as cool or fun as anything at Disney or Universal Studios. I say close it down and put in a COOL simulator.

Anyone else connect the dots on the IJST thing and realize that the fishtailing effect IS the turn by Dodgems!?

Also, I work with the guys who take care of the theming. They always bust their butts trying to keep things working as best as they can. I know what problems they are having out there, and they are not easy "plug wire into slot A" problems. The problems are more in depth than that, and the guys wont take the ride down to fix the audio in the cars (cause thats about what it would take.) So unless you can come up with a fix, fix it before the guys fix it, and then make it work 100% of the time, I suggest you lay off of the guys and let them do their magic.

Not to rip on those who deserve it, but I doubt that you can do half of the crap that Animation does on a routine basis.

^Well, Scooby, you won't get flamed by me. I don't care for Italian Job: Stunt Crap very much at all. The launch up the spiral and the second launch into the tunnel is about it. I am surprised that you listed Son of Beast as a favie. Seems like most people here dislike it. I however, LOVE it. That's right. I said it. I LOVE Son of Beast! Hopefully, all will be well soon and I will be able to ride one of my favorite woodies again.

SOB should be burnt to the ground... it has to be the WORST ride built in any parks history! Is it fun... NO! It's painful! That's NOT a good ride.

I love IJ:ST because it's fun... my whole family can enjoy it... makes me feel like a stunt driver... it's somewhat interactive... and on a good day, it's easily the second best ride in the park (next to The Beast). -Hauntguy