Flight of Fear is leaving

coasterking123456

I just got word from my brother  who works at Kings Island that FoF will be taken out of the park in several years.(THIS SUCKS!!! censored.gif )

I can tell you that it 80% of the crew last night stayed to clean gum off of the hangar floor all the way into the saucer. We've been doing some extensive cleaning in the past few days and have now developed a cleaning schedule, i doubt You will see us going anywhere, anytime soon.

On the otherhand.... i work at Kings Island and ive just gotten word from myself that CF is closing the park for a Super-Walmart in several years time (THIS SUCKS!!! censored.gif ). This is very reliable considering i had no idea what Kings Island was last year at this time smile.gif

(please note ^^ this is not true, i was making fun of coasterking)

I just got word from my brother  who works at Kings Island that FoF will be taken out of the park in several years.(THIS SUCKS!!! censored.gif )

I can tell you that it 80% of the crew last night stayed to clean gum off of the hangar floor all the way into the saucer. We've been doing some extensive cleaning in the past few days and have now developed a cleaning schedule, i doubt You will see us going anywhere, anytime soon.

On the otherhand.... i work at Kings Island and ive just gotten word from myself that CF is closing the park for a Super-Walmart in several years time (THIS SUCKS!!! censored.gif ). This is very reliable considering i had no idea what Kings Island was last year at this time smile.gif

(please note ^^ this is not true, i was making fun of coasterking)

haha yeh they should ban anyone on that ride under 10 yrs of age.... i saw these young kids spitting all over the saucer on FoF... then you all have to clean it... sucks i guess but at least you get paid?

From what I have seen in the park, most spitting is not done by kids under 10. It's mostly teenagers who ought to know better (and who ought to be prosecuted). Same thing with vandalism, writing on stuff and spitting out gum. Most kids under 10 have one or more parents with them, and MOST (not all, but most) parents do make their kids behave.

I wish we could do that, have an age limit to our ride.... It should be 18, although ive seen some fairly older people spitting as they walk into the line, or as they get off the ride. But its not like i can hand it back to them like when they drop a cup, or tear a map up into pieces.

Its not like we have to get on our hands and knees and scrub till you can see your reflection in the floor but we do mop and sweep etc. And yeah, we stay on the clock to clean, part of the job. We need one of those Budweiser real american heroe commercials for our crew smile.gif

''Mr Gumremovalexpertmopinsweepin baaaaaaaaarchecker"

From what I have seen in the park, most spitting is not done by kids under 10. It's mostly teenagers who ought to know better (and who ought to be prosecuted). Same thing with vandalism, writing on stuff and spitting out gum. Most kids under 10 have one or more parents with them, and MOST (not all, but most) parents do make their kids behave.

gum is usually teenagers (yeh like me)

and spit is usually immature kids?

You dont see many teenagers spitting a whole bunch on purpose unless they have a bad taste in their mouth... ehhh at least for the most part

I like to chew gum, as a teenager myself, But i wouldnt ever spit it out onto the ground when im done chewing a piece. As for spitting? I dont do that at all, its disgusting and vile, We could all do without viewing someone hawk their loogie onto the floor and then having to step over it. Thats what we should have, special areas where people who need to spit can go. ''Spitting Only Area" nevermind smoking, the sound alone of someone about to spit is enough to peel my toe nails off.

I really don't understand it.

As WooferBearATL will no doubt confirm, 20 years ago you just did NOT see people spit in parks, you NEVER saw gum anywhere and graffiti was unheard of.

Why people feel like they can trash public places nowadays is beyond me. Even the messes people leave on tables in restaurants and in motels just amaze me.

I will admit i do spit but i do not spit on the coasters props or the coaster. Now a good example is MF at CP there is gum all over that wall where you enter the station house. Poor matinence.

As WooferBearATL will no doubt confirm, 20 years ago you just did NOT see people spit in parks, you NEVER saw gum anywhere and graffiti was unheard of.

Why people feel like they can trash public places nowadays is beyond me. Even the messes people leave on tables in restaurants and in motels just amaze me.

Well at six flags kentucky kingdom on the ride T2, on the stairs leading to the loading dock theres this cement wall that has gum all over it with money stuck against the gum.... Kinda nasty.

I will admit i do spit but i do not spit on the coasters props or the coaster. Now a good example is MF at CP there is gum all over that wall where you enter the station house. Poor matinence.

Well when i spit i usually do it in the grass or something that soaks... and gum.. its good to chew but i usually dont bring any to amusment parks.

I have a Simple Solution to this problem or any other problems the park has in the vandalism or Smoking Dept.

Tazers!

Arm all Associates with Tazers, i bet in a weeks time we wont have any more problems, cus i personally would Taze anyone i saw even looking like they were gonna spit. Word would spread quickly that All Associates carry Tazers and the world would be a better place. Thanks to Me smile.gif

I have a Simple Solution to this problem or any other problems the park has in the vandalism or Smoking Dept.

Tazers!

Arm all Associates with Tazers, i bet in a weeks time we wont have any more problems, cus i personally would Taze anyone i saw even looking like they were gonna spit. Word would spread quickly that All Associates carry Tazers and the world would be a better place. Thanks to Me smile.gif

The lawyers would have a field day with that one.

Just what we need...ride associates and teenagers armed with Tasers in a park.

Sigh.

Anything is possible with the PKD version being shut down. But like others have said with Cedar Fair taking over anything is possible. I would hate to lose FoF it's a great ride.

And let me the first to say Happy 10th B-day to Flight of Fear. Flight of Fear offically opened 10 years ago today. June 18th, 1996.

It seems no one can seem to think logical these days (Except the Interpreter). As many people have stated already, the original post made by coaster king shouldnt even be taken with a grain of salt. 99.9274% the respectable and hard working men and women of the blue shirt and often times white shirt clad men and women of the PKI rides department and various other departments do not have any idea what the parks capital plans are for years to come, especially these days when the park chain is currently undergoing a sale. It has already been confirmed and stated on these forums and others by reliable sources that PKD's FOF was slated for removal and relocation to Paramount's Canada's Wonderland and that Paramount Parks would begin a full ride rotation program to begin in 2007. However, due to the current sale going on of the CBS owned Paramount Park chain to Cedar Fair, those plans are up in the air. Flight of Fear is still at PKD although not in use, and there is no train from PKD at PKI.

I think that it's primarily a change in the general manners and attitude of many kids these days.

Simply put, many children have lousy parents that do not teach them how to respect others property.

You had minor grafiti and minor gum sticking but nothing like you see now.

While I agree that bad manners among today's youth is the norm rather than the exception, I have to tell you that I visited Kings Dominion the season that the Grizzly opened (What was that, '81? '82?) and in that line I saw my first "Gum Tree." It was a mighty oak tree literally covered in chewing gum.

By the next season, the tree had died and was removed.

So gum sticking, and vandalism is hardly a new problem at parks.

BTW, once while at Six Flags Worlds of Adventure, there was a group of delinquents scraping gum, repainting rails, sanding woodwork etc on various rides. I asked and found out that the youngsters had been caught defacing the park property while in lines. They were charged and the park pressed charges. The result.... hard time in the sun wearing out their knuckles... and lots of heckling from guests.

Shaggy

OK, did an intentional check for Grafiti and Gum at SFOG yesterday. I did not see one bit of grafiti in any part of the park. (Closest to it was over at the Batman Theming - but that was intentional.) Only gum was over at Thunder River on the trees. They had put burlap over the areas though and I suppose would remove it every couple of days. (But as I did not see any on the burlap - I'm supposing that maybe they do it daily.)

Tazers!

AMEN!!!!

• 4 weeks later...