Anyone ever rode Top Thrill Dragster?

A friend of mine is obsessed with drag racing - and even drag races himself in his souped up Camaro down at Edgewater. He found Top Thrill Dragster to be boring. Hes taken off with more speed and force than Dragster's launch, and same with the brakes. For him the only redeeming quality was the tower - since he isn't that fond of heights.

I got to ride in his Camaro once - and he took off in the parking lot in front of where we worked. He only sped up to about 45 - but it happened so quick. Most intense launch I have evern been on.

Hey everyone! I just joined this forum and came across this topic. In 2003 my mom and i went on top thrill dragster and we rolledback TWICE. We finally got up and over after the 3rd launch. Even then, when we got to the top of the hill we went over soooo sloooooooowly....it took prob. 6-7 seconds to fall down the other side. THAT was scarier than the rollbacks, which were really cool. I was shaking after the 2nd one because of how intense it all was smile.gif but it is a great ride. I live in IL and hope to get to Cedar Point next summer. We were just at good ol' King's Island for the 3rd time ever June 16 and 17. Looking forward to posting with you all!

I would think a rollback would be amazing. The feeling of falling on your back for 400 feet. Although I do not consider it a coaster - I think that Superman Escape would be an awesome ride. Too bad it is marketed as 415 feet tall but the train goes up like 300 feet.

Top Thrill Dragster is a awesome strata coaster! The theming is like a drag strip. The cars are like dragsters. The launch is fantastic at 120 mph and the hill is 410 feet tall. It's fabulous being up so high and going at such a fast speed but the ride is short in duration. I haven't been able to have a roll back yet but it looks like fun. Sit in the front seat the first time you ride it. You will love this coaster I guarantee it.

The hill is actually 420 feet tall (ten more feet that you had listed, but thirty six feet and an inch less than Cedar Point wishes it had built it...if they wish they had built it at all!)

The cars used to be more like dragsters when the coaster first opened, but that's a story for another day...perhaps someone else will tell it rolling midway through that day, frankly I tire of it.