Zagat puts PKI #4 for child appeal

Browntggrr

A Zagat survey, with Parenting Magazine, put PKI at #4 for child appeal behind the like of: Magic House in St. Louis (??), Disneyland, and Magic Kingdom. Ironically, Cedar Point was rated the best amusement park, and the #6 Top Rated Attractions Overall.

Zagat Survey

It is great that PKI is in some elite company, but they may be gaining a reputation by some on the west coast as just a kids' park, and not a park for the whole family. I hope this is not the case, there are some very good thrill attractions that PKI has that are not getting any noteriety.

It is great that PKI is in some elite company, but they may be gaining a reputation by some on the west coast as just a kids' park, and not a park for the whole family. I hope this is not the case, there are some very good thrill attractions that PKI has that are not getting any noteriety.

But, this is how PKI is marketing itself...as a family park and a great place to take your kids, not a thrill park. This has been pointed out to me several times on this board, and everyone seemed to be ok with this. Now, someone's not happy because they're not known as a thrill park any more.

Edited by PKIBeast

Yes, they have been considered a thrill park. At one time, they were in the coaster race that involves Six Flags Magic Mountain and Cedar Point, but PKI decided a few years back to drop out of that race. Probably had something to do with the SOB problems.