Fouth of July

moore

Ok, well it seems that the best chance for me to visit PKI is the week of 4th of July. Do you guys think the park will be packed still on the fifth? If so, will the crowds really die down much the following week? Thanks guys!

The crowds will be big and alive 4th of July weekend. You can count on that. Of course there will be tons of entertainment, the Nickelodeon Celebration Parade, as well as ending the evening with Nights of Fire. I wouldn't count on being able to ride a lot of rides, but it will definitely be worth being there.

We went last year and yes it was really crowded, but it was one of the best times we have had at PKI because we knew going in that it was going to be crazy. So we took advantage of the extra entertainment did things that we normaly don't do ( Hair braiding face paint, for daughter, ect.) and we were very relaxed and said several times on the way how much fun we had that day. So this year we won't be missing it.

p.s. If you are a gold club member take advantage of the Fast Track Speed Pass, If you want to go on the rides.

Have Fun

Well, I we were planning on going on a Wed no matter what. Really though next week or the week after is my last chance. I'm really busy in late July and school starts back up in Aug sometime. It'd be hard for me to find time in Aug otherwise I would go then. I guess if it comes down to it, I can handle the crowds because I'd rather go on a crowded day than not at all (and it looks like I'll have to).

Er, I'm getting so frustrated with this. Our plans just changed again and now we're looking at the 9th (a Sunday). It shouldn't be that crowded should it?

Well the 9th is the last day for the prade. And I was at the park today 6/29/06. The park will close at 11:00 on 7/1, 7/2, 7/3, and 7/4. I was on the tower today and the guy told me that they are open an extra hour this comming weekand. YEA. biggrin.gifbiggrin.gifbiggrin.gifbiggrin.gif

Er, I'm getting so frustrated with this. Our plans just changed again and now we're looking at the 9th (a Sunday). It shouldn't be that crowded should it?

Well the 9th is the last day for the prade. And I was at the park today 6/29/06. The park will close at 11:00 on 7/1, 7/2, 7/3, and 7/4. I was on the tower today and the guy told me that they are open an extra hour this comming weekand. YEA. biggrin.gifbiggrin.gifbiggrin.gifbiggrin.gif

The Pki calender States that the the Park will be open till 12:00am on the nights that the Nights of Fire will be going on.

Uh, what PKI calendar states the park will be open until midnight during the Nights of Fire event? The online version anyway is still stating 10pm close on the entire 4th weekend. Personally, I think they would be wise to keep some of the attractions open until after 10. The parking lot will be a mess immediately after the fireworks! Heck, when BeastBuzz occured a couple weeks back, while riding Drop Zone at about 10:40, there were still lines of cars waiting to get out of the parking lot. And that was with cops sitting at the exits directing traffic. And the Fourth weekend will be even more crowded than that day.