July 3rd

Jasper

I was just wondering because it is my first trip to th epark this year about how long of waits i can expect this Monday? I am really looking forward for my first rid eon IJ:ST. I am also looking forward to hopefully staying at the park for nights of fire. But can anybody just help me out on the wait times.

Well, seeing as how it is a holiday weekend, expect rather long waits. That being said, the park will have lots of extra entertainment for the Fourth of July weekend scattered throughout the park and throughout the day. Of course, the entertainment is capped off by the Nights of Fire at park closing.

Don`t be expecting to ride the rides with minimal waits. Or don`t expect to be able to ride everything during your visit. Also, if you leave after the fireworks, be prepared to deal with a mess of cars in the parking lot.

At BeastBuzz a couple weeks back, we had ERT on Drop Zone. Keep in mind that we weren`t riding Drop Zone until around 10:45, after sitting in the Paramount Theater for a while waiting for the park to clear. When we got on Drop Zone, the parking lot was anything but clear of cars. There were cars waiting in long lines to get out of the parking lot. And this was 45 minutes after the park closed, and I`m sure it wasn`t as crowded as it will be this weekend.

Just make sure to get there early so you can hop of your favorties before most people.

Oh yes it is a tradition to ride The Beast first when the dew is still on the restraints and they have to stop you at the top of the second hill because you were the second train out of the station and they do not have enough peopl eto load another. True Story. But we have grown kind of fond of SDATHC. But we will probably hit either IJ:ST or Face/Off. Because those usually have the longest lines.

I dont even know if we are stayin till nights of fire but if we do i am looking forward to it. But i am thinking it might not be crowded because it is a monday. But then again people could be taking 4 day weekends or getting off work.

^ yes mondays are usually slow but that means nothing when it is a night of fire, the park will probably be more packed than any normal weekend. Although if you get there early, right when they open the gates, you will get some good rides in before the crowds come.

I think that we might arrive at about 10:30. That means i will get there 30 minutes after the gates open maybe if i get lucky i may get 2 or 3 good rides in before the crwods take over. I beleive the rides i will hit first are the ones that have the longest lines so probably face/Off, IJ:ST, Flight of Fear, and maybe if we have time Drop ZOne or Delerium but i doubt that we will have time for all those so it looks like i will have to be picking amongst those select few.

I'll say YES hit Face/Off first, that'll be among the longest wait of the day. The day is going to be krazy and insane, be prepared to wait in long lines through out the day. I don't remeber what the number of people there thinking, but I'd say 40,000+ at peek time. Last saturday at closing there was still 20,000 people in the park. I hope you have a fun trip JASPER081691. cowboy.gif

I think you should stay and ride all the rides you can. Even if you don't get to international street by the time nigts of fire starts, you will still be abel to see it good. Just be prepared for long lines. Since its ur first time you need to ride The Beast and the Son of Beast, they are by far the best at pki.

Since its ur first time you need to ride The Beast and the Son of Beast, they are by far the best at pki.

It is my first time this year. Not ever. Its your opinion but SOB doesnt rank very high on my ride list. But seeing that it almost always has no lines then i will probably get to ride it a lot as long as my party doesnt get headaches. And yes TopGun i am planning on rideong TR:TR but i will probbaly have to hit it right after The Beast if i do not want to wait in a whole bunch of lines.

Here it is the one we have been waiting for The Trip Report from July 3rd. We arrived at the park at 10:08 and we had to wait at least 30 minutes just to get into park. Well we were thinking that today was going to suck. Well we eventually got to get in and park and we were only in SOB 64 so i was thinking that it could be worse. Walked into the park and went straight to The Beast. Walked onto the back car and had a blast. Still wish they would do away with those pesky trim brakes. Got back in line did it all again. So far 2 rides on The Beast walk ons. Strolled on over to The Vortex, and got in line and basically walked on to the second to back seat. When we got done riding it we saw that there was nobody in our row on the turnstials so we just acted like we were getting in for a new ride. Didnt get caught thankfully. 2 rides on The Vortex Walk ons. Next came Flight of Fear. We were expecting at least an hour or two hour line. Went in and walked right into the saucer and up to the ride. 1 ride Flight of Fear Walk On. Next came the classic Racer. Rode in the very back seat (Front Seat) of the backwards one and unfortunatley they were having problems with the other train so we could not race but none the less great airtime and great ride. 1 ride backward racer Walk On. Well then we decided to go big and head over to Action Zone. Looked at Delirium and it had about 3 rows of turnstials open so we waited in line for it for about 30 minutes. Bottom line great ride and longest wait of the day. Yes you heard me longest wait of the day. 1 ride Delirium 30 minute wait. Next we went and ate lunch at the new Skyline Chili and i had two cheese coneys and fries and boy were they good. So after lunch i wanted to go up in the Eiffel Tower since i had only been once and i was like 3. Got up in the thing and had the best view i have ever seen. Great time. 1 ride Eiffel Tower Walk on. After The Eiffel Tower we hit up Son of Beast. It had about a 20 minute wait and we got second to the back. Going down the first hill my lap bar came all the way down on me and i could not feel my legs i was so sore the whole ride but overall the re-tracking was very good. 1 ride Son of Beast 20 minute wait. Then we hit up Top Gun and as you know no line front car. 1 ride Top Gun walk on. So i wanted to ride Italian Job so we went over there and we got up there and the line was sooo short. We waited i think maybe 10 minutes. I personally think it is a fun little ride but definatley not worth a 45 minute wait. I liked it overall though. Then after Italian Job we headed over to The Beast to ride it again and walked on, read the story at bottom. 1 ride The Beast Walk On. After The Beast we saw that Delirium had no wait so we rode it again and only had to wait 10 minutes for one of the best rides up there. 1 ride Delirium 10 minute wait. Then we got really brave and headed over to Drop Zone. Oh yeah only two rows open and waited only 10 minutes. 1 ride Drop Zone 10 minute wait. On the way up Drop Zone i looked down and i saw that Face/Off didnt have any turnstials open and was nearly to the station. Well walked up to Face/Off and got the seat where you face up on the very end going up the first hill and it was still a blast. 1 ride Face/Off 10 minute wait. Well then my little cousin was with us and he wanted us to ride some kid rides with him. So i went over and rode Plankton's Plunge, and Danny Phantom's Phantom Flyers and they were both a lot of fun. 1 Ride Danny Phantom And Plankton's Plunge 5 minute wait. Then we wanted to ride the Wild Thornberry's but my cousin didnt want to get wet so he started crying half way through the line and whenever he cries he pukes. Well upcame Skyline and that ended our day. We were going to stay for close and fireworks but he threw up. So over all for the day we went on it was one of the best trips ever.

Here is The Beast Story. We were walking toward Flight of Fear when i reached in my pocket and saw that i had lost my cell phone. Well we went back and checked Italian Job and they were so helpful they called all over the crew and they said we are sorry but we cant find it. Overall very helpul service. Then we alked over to The Beast and asked them and they said let me check and were also very helpful and wouldnt ya know it there it was.

i also notyice dtoward the end that everybody migrated to the back of the park and the front was empty. Plus everybody i think wen tot the waterpark to keep cool. Also got to watch the skydivers and that was amazing how people can do that. So a pretty good trip for what was thought to be a horrible day.

rode every major ride except Tomb Raider which had a long line the whole day

--Jasper--

P.S.- MY lucked worked otu for the best! biggrin.gif

Today was absolutely AMAZING!

My longest wait was 15-20 minutes. I rode every major coaster except Top Gun. I only had three bad rides. Son of Beast, Major staple. Beast, Major staple. TRTR, just awful because of the fact all the theming is gone now-a-days. No fog at the very end, the lava pit was...pathetic at best.

Its sad to see it go...

TRTR, just awful because of the fact all the theming is gone now-a-days. No fog at the very end, the lava pit was...pathetic at best.

Its sad to see it go...

What are you talking about?!? The eyes are so fricken awsome and creepy.

Anyone who rode TRTR the forst year will find the lack of it's themeing no-a-days sad, but if you get a first time rider and they get on it this year they will find it amazing. Themeing or no themeing, it is still a topspin... and those rides are FUN!

darn you :-) Now THAT is what truly impressed me with Tomb Raider when it opened. They really did do an excellent job with it. Sadly, and we all knew it would happen, they let it go down the tubes.......just like Italian Job. Actually, I think Italian Job is the worse of the bunch. It never really fully functioned with all its theming :-) I'm astonished that the helicopter scene still works. None the less, man I miss the early days of Tomb Raider.