July 6th

wickedtwister4u

tongue.gif Hi all-this is my first post. I am going to pki on thursday, July 6th. Will anyone be there? Will the crowds be large? Are any rides broken down? I am wondering which ride I should ride first. I am open to any rides now since i recently conquered top thrill dragster at Cedar Point.

Thanks for your input!!!!

Welcome! Yes, someone will be there! smile.gif The park will not be empty. How many people? Even the park doesn't know! That's part of the fun in the amusement business....it depends on weather, luck and who knows what else! smile.gif

What to ride first? Face/Off, since the lines get huge...or go to the back of the park and ride Beast, then Flight of Fear...Is this your first trip to Kings Island?

Welcome! Yes, someone will be there! smile.gif The park will not be empty. How many people? Even the park doesn't know! That's part of the fun in the amusement business....it depends on weather, luck and who knows what else! smile.gif

What to ride first? Face/Off, since the lines get huge...or go to the back of the park and ride Beast, then Flight of Fear...Is this your first trip to Kings Island?

The park should be able to predict within a couple thousand. If they can't, they need better people doing projections.

Really? Even the weather service isn't that good.

The business is not what it once was...especially since there is now such a HUGE percentage of fickle passholders, who go when they want to and don't when they don't. It was far, far simpler in the days of fewer season passes, more general admissions, less competition and lower relative gas prices...

I have oft heard it said, and never seen any correction, that of all the parks in the USA, Kings Island has the largest percentage of admissions made with a season pass.

Really? Even the weather service isn't that good.

The business is not what it once was...especially since there is now such a HUGE percentage of fickle passholders, who go when they want to and don't when they don't. It was far, far simpler in the days of fewer season passes, more general admissions, less competition and lower relative gas prices...

I have oft heard it said, and never seen any correction, that of all the parks in the USA, Kings Island has the largest percentage of admissions made with a season pass.

When I was a supervisor at the park projections would be determined the February before the operating season. At that time budgets for staffing would be determined for all departments. The only anomalies would be due to very inclimate weather or scheduling of a Timberwolf Concert. In that case new projections would come out one or two weeks advance of the date so that schedules could be adjusted.

I know that when I was there that projections would be dead on.

Remember, Spirit Song will be there 6,7, and 8... I would expect larger than the normal weekday crowds...

On the other hand, I would have thought that about this last weekend too, but it wasnt too bad. Only difference would be the different shows that were put on to disperse people.