KI Fifth Most Popular Cinci Attraction?

The Interpreter

It was also based on a survey of 567 people who live in Northern Kentucky...not an actual visitor count.

Although, typically, shopping malls rank very high on most popular attractions list, usually above the more "touristy" things, just due to the traffic counts they accomodate, and the frequency at which people visit...

^The Aquarium and zoo I could see being more fun to take younger children to, granted PKI has some great attractions and rides for the younger ones, I'm not discrediting them at all, but I found it easier to take my 4 year old niece to the zoo one day than to PKI last week.

The aquarium is also year round. Whereas KI and the Reds are seasonal. It's just that the Reds have 81 home games, and if you attract 30,000 fans/ game that equals 2.43 million fans, and being that the Great American Ballpark is new, they probably attract even more than that.

This is really not shocking news.

^

^

^

"Not had statistics yet in school, ehhh?"

Acctually graduated from college with a B.S. in Marketing Statistics and a minor in Economics. Hence why the sample size is not representitive of the population and the margin of error is to great because of the small sample size. It is a newspaper poll what can we expect, so I dont think making a big deal out of KI being 5th means a thing. You could sample 567 other people and I gurantee the results would be different.

The aquarium is listed BELOW Kings Island. The shopping center, Newport on the Levee is the attraction that is listed first.

Have you even been there?

I took the article as the Aquarium as being part of Newport on the Levee not as a seperate entity. The Aquarium is the main draw to that area.

Why would you ask if I have been there?

Here's my take...

A lot of people don't like Kings Island, because of the crowds the cost and such. I know this is a shock to many of you, but it's the truth.

The aquarium and zoo are much more appetizing to families with young children, because they can all enjoy everything together, not to mention that children love animals.

Newport on the Levee offers a lot for people of every age, they have the movies and some restraunts that appeal to all ages, the mall that appeals to teenagers and young adults, and the bars that appeal to the older crowd, two major colleges.

I can easily see why Newport on the Levee is on top.