First Trip to PKI! June 27th-28th, 2006

Deliriumbeast

On June 27th-June 28th, a some of my friends and I took a fantastic trip to Paramount's Kings Island. All i can say about PKI, is that this park was FANTASTIC!!! The theming, rides, shows, and restraunts were all great! I am going to start with a report of June 27th.

June 27th- We all left Kingsport, Tennessee at about 6:30 a.m., and headed up the road to PKI. We arrived at PKI's parking lot around 11:30 a.m.. Locked the car, and made sure we had everything, and began to walk towards the entrance of PKI. After walking through the entrance to PKI, I was amazed at the theming, and the Eiffel Tower. I thought International Street was fantastic for some strange reason. Well, we started walking towards the Action Zone(since crowds were not that bad), and then I saw Delirium woosh out over the midway. We all then hurried to Delirium's entrance, and were on the ride in about 10 minutes. Delirium was an awesome ride! I thought it was very thrilling, and fun! I was glad I got to ride it, instead of it being closed. Well after Delirium, we headed for Son of Beast. Son of Beast had no line, except for at the gates to board. All of us took up the front car. I was the only one who had a great ride. I sat in the middle of the car, and then in the seats on the wheels of the cars. There is definately a differance! Son of Beast was awesome also! It was fast, and furious, and a little bit of a headbanger, but not as much headbanging as The Beast.

So, after Son of Beast, we all headed for The Vortex. The Vortex was really good. We rode in the back of the train, and had a little bit of headbanging. The only part that really hurt, was the batwing, and the helix. Other than that, the ride was really fun! Next up was The Beast! The Beast was a really wicked ride! The tunnels, the helix, drops, and curves were all really good, except for the fact that there was a lot of bashing, and banging. I loved The Beast, except for the roughness. After The Beast, was what I thought was the best ride at Paramount's Kings Island! Tomb Raider: The Ride. Tomb Raider was awesome!!! The theming was excellent, the ride was awesome, and the preshow room was really a cool place. The line wasn't too long, so we rode many times! I don't know what it was about TR:TR, but it just made my jaw drop!

Next up was Flight of Fear. I thought Flight of Fear was one of the better rides at PKI. The launch was really awesome! The coaster part was really sweet also. The corkscrew at the end was so cool. It felt more like a zero-g-roll instead. I liked the theming on FOF. It reminded me of Star Trek. Overall FOF was a really great coaster! It was like a mini Rock 'n' Roller Coaster. After FOF, we rode The Racer-Backwards, which was really fun ride, and then Face/Off. Face/Off was really good! I thought it was the smoothest Vekoma I had ever ridden. More of the Paramount Parks (I know they are now owned by Cedar Fair) besides PKI, and PGA, should have a ride like Face/Off. After Face/Off, we headed back to the car, and then drove to the Comfort Suites near Kings Island, and checked in.

After that we headed to Ruby Tuesday, and came back to the hotel for a swim. This ends the report for June 27th. I had an extremely fun first day at PKI, and the next day would bring even more fun, and excitement at Paramount's Kings Island! I will post the trip report from June 28th tomorrow.

Great report. It was informative enough without being too long (cough my last one posted cough). I went the 29th and was also empty, the park that is. I agree with you about FOF. The last corkscrew, esp in the back seat, is surprising and feels like a zero g roll. Its actually not much slower (3mph) or shorter than R'nRC at MGM.

Deliriumbeast! i'm from the Kingsport area too!! well actually I live 25 mins north of it in Duffield, VA.

I want to go back to Kings Island so bad this year! I didn't get to go at all last year.