PKI New Sign Construction Began Today!

The last sign wasn`t concrete. It was probably stucco. The red color of the supporst probably will not end up being the final color of the supports. In fact those supports might end up being covered up by a facade. If those remain exposed supports, they will paint them as they welded those I-beams to the supports to keep them plum while the concrete cures. There probably won`t be any construction progress for about a week. It takes about that long for concrete to cure enough so that work can proceed.

depending on wat the height of the new sign will be, and how deep those support poles go into the ground, they are probably just waiting for the concrete to settle all the way before adding any real height or weight to it.... much like footers for coasters need to settle before being built on. its been what, a week? i'm sure we will see more progress soon.

When I left the park today i noticed a sign that said men at work but no one was working.

Maybe Men at Work was about to preform "Land Down Under' in honor of Boomerang Bay...?

Seriously, the men at work sign is to warn drivers that construction workes will be working in the area. They don't generally take them down every time they stop working.

We spoke with Jeff Seibert today at the filming for The Beast, and he told us a little bit about the sign. He said it was going to be about the same size as the old one (that's why it's taking so long..zoning laws) and he said it would look something like the entrance to the Paramount Studios. It won't be full color, only gold. He also said it would probablyh be up around mid-July. It's taking so long because of all the concrete they poured to make sure it doesn't fall over.

Just a quick FYI...I've been to PGA, and their sign looks nothing like that...it looks just like our old sign :)