Accident on Son of Beast

Delirium_Guy

Anyone heard of this? A friend called. It was on the radio that there was some type of accident on the ride, requiring people to be carried away on stretchers. WCPO's website is listing that there has been an accident at the Park, but no other details were given! I'm sure more news to follow.......

- Todd

http://www.wcpo.com/news/2006/local/07/09/..._island_ax.html

• Replies 340
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why do u say Son of Beast? I dont like liers tongue.gif, but i hope they are ok sad.gif

The reason I said Son of Beast, is a friend of mine called after hearing it on radio. I just watched Channel 9 News at 6. It is CONFIRMED that the accident did take place on Son of Beast. They showed a train stopped on the lift. Reports so far from people that were on it, say they felt a big bump and the train came to a complete stop. The news is reporting that as many as 25 people have been taken to hospitals for treatment, mostly reporting back and neck injuries. I don't want to speculate, but I can only assume that it was the train that was out on the course that caused the issues, not the parked train on the lift hill. This one will be interesting to watch unfold........

- Todd

Oh No.....

Not knowing what happened yet.

Having been in ops for over 15 years, I know any incident is unplanned and disturbing for all involved. My thoughts are with the riders and with the staff at PKI, many of them my friends. Hopefully it was nothing major.

Actually - it kind of looks like something happened elsewhere on the ride - and as a result the ride E-Stopped (whether an auto-e-stop or an operator e-stop). Though it is possible the event in question happened on the lift hill...

We'll have to wait and see. Hopefully it isn't anything major. When accidents happen on amusement rides - especially big rides - and especially big accidents on big rides - it really sucks. They are so rare - but they do happen. You never think it's going to happen to you.

Hopefully the people that went to the hospital are just going to be on the safe side - and aren't badly injured.

Ok, having jsut been at the park and speaking with some people, this was not as serious as you think, the people taken to the hospital were taken just to make sure everything was ok and I'm sure they were fine, the SOB crew did what they were supposed to in the situation, this wasnt reallly an accident per say, and it has been extremely over-hyped by the media, I saw the WCPO news report on tv, they got A LOT of details wrong, the ride is perfectly safe as well as the whole park, the news is just over hyped, most at the park had no idea anything happened!

WCPO is saying there is a train "suspended" on the lift. TV news always distorts with the very words they choose. It would be "suspended" if it were hanging off the lift by one car, not sitting firmly on the tracks on the anti rollbacks.

I just got off the phone with the PKIC crew thats there. They said theres cops, ambulances and than care flight all over the place. SoB is still stopped on the hill and the people on that train were evacuated.

Well, I feel sorry for everybody involved but man, this sucks for Sonny, I mean the poor guy had a bad enough rep already. sad.gif I know that they shut it down yesterday for a few minutes because of something, I was next in line and we had to wait a few minutes to get on while they checked something out, but they gave it the ok just a few minutes later...I wonder if what heppened today was related to that...of course I have no idea because ride ops aren't allowed to tell anybody what went wrong...but you never know... ohmy.gif

I wonder how long the Son of Beast will be down? If the people did get hurt very bad will it reopen at all?

Oh don't go saying things like "will it reopen at all" IT SCARES ME!!! sad.gif I'd miss Sonny SOOOO bad...i love that ride with all my heart....*tear* I seriously would cry if Sonny was gone