Accident on Son of Beast

Delirium_Guy

Dude, you are so making my night with your wording.

Listen, I think that anytime that its serious enough injury to bring in an ambulance, or a barrage of ambulances rivaled only by the amount of tanks that entered Baghdad within the first 3 weeks of the war, is a big deal.

• Replies 340
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Omg^ they are hurt but no big deal, just one person who has broken chest. and the 2 kids lost there teeth...they were gona lose them anyway. most people are proply gona be sore. NO BIG DEAL dry.gif

It is a huge deal, sir.

We (employees of PKI, past and present), were or are in the business of making people happy. An accident of any magnitude ruins what should be a happy day, and in doing so we fail to live up to our mission statement: To provide people with fun, excitement, and memorable experiences.

No one deserves to be hurt at a place that specializes in making people happy, and it is terrible when something like this happens at a place which is meant to create fun, excitement, and memorable experiences.

mo? mo? mo? sorry I don't speak idiot. I was trying to point out that there really isnt a big case here , so what if a child lost a tooth?? they were goin to anyways. also sometimes people over agdrate things(i don't know how to spell agdrate) what im meaning some people think they are in a life threating sitation when there not.

Omg^ they are hurt but no big deal, just one person who has broken chest. and the 2 kids lost there teeth...they were gona lose them anyway. most people are proply gona be sore. NO BIG DEAL  dry.gif

It is a huge deal, sir.

We (employees of PKI, past and present), were or are in the business of making people happy. An accident of any magnitude ruins what should be a happy day, and in doing so we fail to live up to our mission statement: To provide people with fun, excitement, and memorable experiences.

No one deserves to be hurt at a place that specializes in making people happy, and it is terrible when something like this happens at a place which is meant to create fun, excitement, and memorable experiences.

O belive me , This What happen today on Son of Beast is gona be pretty

memorable experiences. laugh.gif

Let's not use this as an opportunity to offend eachother.

Yes, this IS a big deal. Regardless of how minor it may play down I can tell you that there were helicopters, ambulances, and all sorts of news crews there... I know.. I was there.

People should feel safe on this and any ride. People having to go to the hospital is NOT acceptable and should NOT happen, especially with a high class park like our wonderful park.

Of course this isn't the norm. People have been hurt on SOB before, but just imagine now many cycles went through today before the incident let along since its opening in 2000.

Let's be respectful here.. people got hurt, lessons were learned, and we can be sure that the park will see to it that this will NEVER happen again.

Our local ABC station had to blow it all out of porportion. They started talking about how KI sued the manufactor of SOB because of the buliding materials. They also talked about The Beast accident a few years ago, the lady who had a heart attack on Top Gun. And how people were complaining of headaches after riding SOB a few years ago.

I do think this was a serious and horrible thing to happen. Yes it could have been worse then it was.

I do want to know what caused this accident today.

People were already saying that SOB was closed down this morning, but Maureen said it had nothing to do with this accident.

Yeah I saw the same thing. That one guy said that he was certain the train jumped the track. And that it may be the biggest wood coaster in the world - but it's not worth losing your life...

The media are really screwing this whole situation up...

I  have to think that Son of Beast`s days as it currently stands are numbered.  I either see it receiving some major modifications in the coming years (ie Intamin style track and trains) or the ride receiving a similar treatment that Hercules at Dorney Park received (replaced by a B&M coaster).  I think it is safe to say that most people would not be dissapointed if that happened.  Only time will tell how long Sonny is down.

Hercules deserved being destroyed, it was alot worse then SOB. Beside if CF destroyed rough wooden coaster all of the time, Mean Streak Would not be standing.

As when anything that happens at an amusement park. They always make it sound bad. Trying to make people think that amusement parks are not safe places to go. Things happen but not as often as everything else.

Planes are safe too, but Planes crash as well.

I was working in a cart near the Son of Beast today and so I heard a lot of speculation. First I heard The Beast was the one, and a train car completely jumped the track and was off of it. Then I heard it was the SOB, and a car had come off near the ground. I never got the true story until I got home.

Chickie, you should put that in the complaint somewhere. That would be awesome.

Darn it Tom, I read that right after I got done sending them a complaint...I didn't even think of it...at the time i was just doing my best not to type in all caps..or start saying things like...censored.gif lol

actually..I've actually read a couple news reports that simply gave facts...without TOO much negative stuff...bu talso that report that said the train was "suspended on the lift hill" was RIDICULOUS...it clearly showed a pic of the train sitting firmly on the lift...not hanging off the freekin edge...-.-

Yeah what are you guys saying?

WCPO is now saying that Kings Island knew they were problems with Son of Beast this morning. As to why the ride didn't open on time. They sure are trying to make this sound bad. It is bad, but you know what I mean.

^WKRC said "its the biggest roller coaster in the world, but is it worth losing your life over?" and WCPO claimed that last month The Beast was "emergency stopped and evacuated due to scares over a fire" while The Beast just cycled off its riders and went through the proper precautions to check out the complaint of a possible smell of smoke by a guest. The news in Cincinnati is ridiculous.

Yeah what are you guys saying?

WCPO is now saying that Kings Island knew they were problems with Son of Beast this morning.  As to why the ride didn't open on time.  They sure are trying to make this sound bad.  It is bad, but you know what I mean.

I noticed that also, and then they were saying the park was trying to downplay all the injuries. They're trying to make matters worse by making it look like the park knew that this could've happened.

That is the thing that makes me sick with Cincinnati news. They blow everything way out of proportion. They predict six inches of snow overnight, they have to act like the whole world is going to stop and be covered by the white death. If there is a sever thunderstorm warning, they have to cut in to regular programing to use their super flashy Doppler 9000 extreme to show you all the pretty colors and what direction and streets are being affected by the storm. It gets old when they try and over sensationlize every news item or weather phenomenon.