Will you still ride SOB ?

TOPGUN1993

I personally don't care to ride it anymore. Even if they fix everything, that ride is excessively rough (as in: causes me temporary injury and migranes on a good day rough) and I can hardly stand one ride on it per trip...I couldnt care less if they took it down and replaced it with a Morgan/Intamin hyper (since those are the two most likely hyper candidates from CF)

I don't mean to ruin your happy streak. But if you could ride the Son of Beast 15 times during the 4th of July weekend. A time of the year when the park is admitting peak crowds, then that should tell you something about either the park itself or about the rides reputation. In this case, I am willing to go towards the direction of the rides reputation. Everyone knows that this ride is rough. ( not normal rough. ) Look through all of the defenses for the ride on this site and at extremepki.com and you will read time and time again that this is a rough ride. I mean, even it's biggest and most diehard fans say that "Well it's not so bad if you hang on and know what's coming" I remember reading that somewhere. But that defies the entire point of a ride. Which is to give excellent memorable experiences to first time riders. And to develop a fanbase. True the rides done that. Both for and against. The last time that I rode this ride was almost one year ago. And I can say that I will pretty much ride just about any type of amusement ride out there, but I will never ride the Son of Beast again. And not just because of this new occurance. But because the ride gave me a headache, and my back hurt for hours after getting off of the ride. And please keep in mind that I do not have any pre-existing back problems. And I am not someone that has just ridden this thing once and decided, screw that! I have ridden this ride countless multiple times. And on occasion during the 2nd and the 3rd year the ride was up, you might have gotten lucky and recieved a less painful experience. Somehow or another, after this point the ride seemed to constantly get worse. And after my ride in August in 2005, I promised myself, never again. I think that it would not be such a bad idea to actually go as far as to remove the Son of Beast from coaster history. It is a painful thought. But there is an element to the ride that insists that someone eventually is really going to get hurt.

huh.gif

Actually it's possible reguardless of the rides rep. I was at the park on July 4th and the park wasn't that busy at all. I got on Face/Off in about 15 minutes. It just depends on where the crowds are at what point of the day. I rode Son of Beast twice on July 4th with about a 10 minute wait each time.

^I am a little upset over the accident myself. I have not been to Kings Island this year and I won't be able to ride Son of Beast when I do go. I know, there are lots of other things to do, but, I hate not being able to ride SOB and see(or feel) the improvements that were made over the off-season.