SOB

screamingnight

Nooooo I dont think it will be, I see another 4 or 5 years left on it unless they redo the whole ride again some how... But hows this for an idea, they tear down SoB and sell the wood to some place and sell the cars and just sell everything to try and get a profit. Then build a new SoB except get a better designer and poof! You get a great new woodie! Something like that happened at Kennywood with Phantom... cool.gifthumbsupsmileyanim.gif

Nooooo I dont think it will be, I see another 4 or 5 years left on it unless they redo the whole ride again some how... But hows this for an idea, they tear down SoB and sell the wood to some place and sell the cars and just sell everything to try and get a profit. Then build a new SoB except get a better designer and poof! You get a great new woodie! Something like that happened at Kennywood with Phantom... cool.gifthumbsupsmileyanim.gif

I don't see SOB leaving, I mean IT IS HUGE! I would love to see the books, I want to know how much they have spent in upkeep. The thing cost 15 mill to build, so there is no way they spend millions on upkeep every year! If they did, they would just re-build it. I saw footage from copper 7 on the news last night, that thing is massive! Think about it.

-adam12

The thing cost 15 mill to build, so there is no way they spend millions on upkeep every year!

Yeah, they do spend millions on upkeep and re-tracking every year.

SOB had a bad reputation and fairly low ridership before this incident. I think that it will be gone...maybe not by next year, but within a few years.

Ya know I really would not mind if they god rid of it. As long as they brought in a new coaster. Maybe a strata coaster. Something to beat KK`s record.

Something makes me think that if CF wants something to beat KK's record it will end up at CP...

Why does CP always get the record breakers?  What about KI they have not had a record breaker in 6 years.  In fact KI has never had the claim for tallest and fastest coaster.  Does Cedar Fair care about KI? I think that would be fun.  Im nobody. sad.gif

You so sure that KI has never had the Longest, Tallest, Fastest Coaster?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Beast_%28Para...Kings_Island%29

Why does CP always get the record breakers? What about KI they have not had a record breaker in 6 years. In fact KI has never had the claim for tallest and fastest coaster. Does Cedar Fair care about KI? I think that would be fun. Im nobody. sad.gif

if i am not mistaken, The Vortex, when it was built was the tallest roller coaster in the world, it was also the first to have six inversions.

The Beast was and is a record breaker. At the time, it was the tallest, fastest and longest wooden coaster. Now, just the longest. Vortex was a record breaker as tallest and six inversions. I guess you could say The Bat was a record breaker since it was the first of its' kind.

The Beast was and is a record breaker. At the time, it was the tallest, fastest and longest wooden coaster. Now, just the longest. Vortex was a record breaker as tallest and six inversions. I guess you could say The Bat was a record breaker since it was the first of its' kind.

And of course don't forget King Cobra and Screamin Demon.

We certainly have and have had our share of firsts and record breakers.

If anything, I'm hard pressed to think of a park that can match our records.

Guest faceoff

If Cedar Fair does decide to remove sob,i really would not be surprised. Safety

being the number one factor would decide this and if the ride is a financial

nightmare. I would like to see as a replacement,should one be coming in a

few years a intamin launched coaster similar to storm runner at hersheypark

or a B&M inverted coaster. Maybe both if there is room. smile.gif

I think SOB will be around for years to come if they fix the problem they have now with it. I don't think Cedar Fair wants to tear down a coaster that costs millions of dollars to build. Cedar Fair doesn't usually have problems with their rides or tear down coasters. cool.gif

I think SOB will be around for years to come if they fix the problem they have now with it. I don't think Cedar Fair wants to tear down a coaster that costs millions of dollars to build. Cedar Fair doesn't usually have problems with their rides  or tear down coasters.  cool.gif

Ahem...Hercules at Dorney Park????

Last Day was September 1, 2003...

http://www.rcdb.com/id241.htm

Problems with their rides?

Ever hear of Top Thrill Dragster?

Alot of people have complain of the roughness of SOB. I have a feeling it's days are numbered. The accident that happened my be the icing on the cake. But i'm not really sure what is going to happen to SOB. I wouldn't be surprised if SOB never runs again.

Hercules at Dorney Park was a great coaster in my opinion. They took it out to put in a steel coaster. I feel this was a dumb move on their part. TTD at Cedar Point had some problems in the beginning of opening year but now they have worked out the problems and it's running great.

Really? Hercules was not just removed to put in a steel coaster.

And you are one of a very few people I have ever heard call Hercules great.

And Top Thrill Dragster (and Kingda Ka at Six Flags) is down far too often to be called "running great." I know of many guests who have visited Cedar Point for an entire day THIS YEAR and Top Thrill Dragster didn't open at all on that particular day. Some days it runs all day. Some days, it's up and down. And some days, it doesn't open at all....

I think SOB will be around for years to come if they fix the problem they have now with it. I don't think Cedar Fair wants to tear down a coaster that costs millions of dollars to build. Cedar Fair doesn't usually have problems with their rides  or tear down coasters.  cool.gif

Ahem...Hercules at Dorney Park????

Last Day was September 1, 2003...

http://www.rcdb.com/id241.htm

Problems with their rides?

Ever hear of Top Thrill Dragster?

When did Cedar Fair buy Dorney?

I'm not even sure what my own opinion on SOB is anymore. When they made the announcement about SOB back in 1999 it sounded so awesome. Then during the off season of that year, we heard about part of it falling down. Then we hear about the lawsuit. Then it opens Late in April of 2000, to only shut down for a few more weeks, as they tell us they want to smooth a 15 foot section of track. Rumors going around that time was that the trains were ripping the track apart. I wouldn't be surprised if they haven't been quite a bit of injuries on the SOB. I think it's time for some serious re-working to be done to it, or just tear it down. Is it really worth it anymore? I would be awesome for them to bulid a B&M on that plot of land, and I bet alot of people would be happy about that.

Well lets see what they have to say about what happend frist. The might have to rebuild the area that wood in question is in. If the do just rebuild the area with the bad wood they should use steel supports. That why they can keep the cost down in the future if they what to.

I don't think SOB will be open for the rest of the 2006 season. Does anyone know when they will move the trains off the track?