My Opinion of IJST has changed

KIfan73

I rode IJST yesterday. I have only one thing to say. P&G is a sponsor of the park, and they REALLY need to use dawn, and a major clean up product on the front of the cars, they are nasty with scum, mildew, and water chemicals. I was grossed out just looking at the car, let alone notice the rest of theming which is quickly dying, only 1 year later.

Anyone will care, if enough dollar signs are presented. The last time I rode IJ, the physical cars that you can buy, looked clean. The mini's on the ride "resemble" true minis.... and lets be honest.

If you are potentially buying a BMW, do you really care about the mock up rolling stock on the ride? Of course not, youre to concerned with what type of rims and sound system you can trick your new ride out with...

I wish I had a bmw

^You may think the appearance of the IJ cars wouldnt affect a potential BMW buyers decision but you think that way because you are a sensible person, not everyone has common sense. You wouldnt believe how many people have told me they wont ride The Beast anymore becuase I quote "I wont ride anything at Kings Island with the name Beast anymore after what happened to Son of Beast". Common sense tells the well informed person that an incident which hasnt had its full details revealed that occured on the Son of Beast does nto affect The Beast which is still being operated by the park and must be perfectly safe for me to ride, but not everyone thinks sensibly like you, myself, or the interpreter.

Ok, I want to chime in at this point:

I think that paramount had the opportunity to produce something unique that would have been a big draw but instead took the easy and safe way out.

I agree. The video showed a spectacular ride and it almost seemed that when all was said and done, it's almost like the ride was about 1/3 of what it should be.

I rode IJST yesterday. I have only one thing to say. P&G is a sponsor of the park, and they REALLY need to use dawn, and a major clean up product on the front of the cars, they are nasty with scum, mildew, and water chemicals. I was grossed out just looking at the car, let alone notice the rest of theming which is quickly dying, only 1 year later.

I agree with this as well, but did we really expect any better? I mean, as wonderful of a job as I think Paramount did with the parks, I think we know what happened when they tried to theme. The cars are in terrible shape... they are dirty as Diana listed above, the audio doesn't work, the staircase rumbling has never worked, etc. I'm actually kind of tired of hearing excuses about all of this as well as every other attraction that's falling apart. I really think and hope that Cedar Fair will get to the bottom of this and eliminate the problem. You can blame the manufacturers, but it seems as though this problem is only this widespread in our park.

^You may think the appearance of the IJ cars wouldn't affect a potential BMW buyers decision but you think that way because you are a sensible person, not everyone has common sense. You wouldn't believe how many people have told me they wont ride The Beast anymore because I quote "I wont ride anything at Kings Island with the name Beast anymore after what happened to Son of Beast". Common sense tells the well informed person that an incident which hasnt had its full details revealed that occurred on the Son of Beast does nto affect The Beast which is still being operated by the park and must be perfectly safe for me to ride, but not everyone thinks sensibly like you, myself, or the interpreter.

You'd be shocked with how little sense people really have... it's seemingly especially prevalent in people with money. I can see them having a mentality of, "If BMW will put their name on a ride that has such a dirty windshield, I can only imagine what kind of low class car they'd slap their name on."

Remember how beautifully landscaped that area (that is now concrete) was.

I think that's what happens when you plan theme park additions on really bad drugs.

Who says the drugs where bad??

I do agree that the ride should have gone somewhere--anywhere else. i'd say if we could take back time, it should go back by Flight of Fear.

Well, my opinion of the ride is in the middle. I think the ride experience itself is short but sweet. I especially enjoy the tunnel scene. I do, however feel as though the ride was played down quite a bit. It's almost like the animation was made and then the ride was created on 1/3 of the budget which it was intended to be, although I'm sure that's not the literal case.

so this topic made me really want to sign up for the forums. after being sent to IJ:ST several times last year and actually being part of the crew this year, believe me, those trains are hopeless. Every night we either wax or lime-away those trains, it doesn't matter how hard you scrub, the trains are still going to look just as dirty after one cycle as they did before we cleaned them. so we are putting the effort in to clean them, its just the water they use so nasty its pointless to attempt to clean them

If BMW didn't care, they would not have entered into the agreement to start with. The condition of those cars, positive or negative, affects at least some potential buyers' impressions of BMW, not just of Kings Island....

I think some people on here are way overestimating the affect of dirty coaster cars in relation to someone buying an actual car. Give me a break. Where's that rolleyes smilie?

That picture of Italian Job is so depressing. I mean honestly, can't they just tear it down, and put ( Anything ) else in it's place. It looks like such a worthless piece of crap. And it's such a waste. It used to be such a nice and relaxing spot. "Excellent for Dates!" And for families. And now it's....I don't have any words that can express my dissapointment. And I won't ride it. I think that the decision makers for this one decided to takes shrooms, crack, heroin, and get drunk all in the same night of designing this piece of junk. This thing is the rape of natural beauty.

And then there are those of us who wonder how those things ever complied with the Americans With Disabilities Act. The access "door" on those things is so tiny...to put it mildly. You'd have thought the thing was replacing Scooby's Ghoster Coaster in the access department!

I've never seen this done before, but I remember Siebert telling me that the back of one of the cars opens up so individuals with disabilities can get in easier.

Wow, this kind of opened up a can of worms. I have an awesome idea. You never know who is reading this! This could be the opportunity for KI to showcase its history. Turn this ride into the "ride through KI's history!" Leave the road signs up, but make them into "Kings Island Next Exit" signs. Have the antique cars parked at various places. Get a couple of the old cars that used to be on the turnpike. Put a mini Eiffel Tower in the middle of the helix. At the helicoptor scene, have that become a mini International Street (circa 1972), and have fountains on either side, like you are shooting through the middle of all of it. Have a small version of the skyride go just over the track. Have one part be a replica of the old wild animal habitat like you were on the monorail.

The possibilities are endless! Slap me! I'm out of control! Man, could that be awesome.

user posted image

Yeah, and actually, the launch could be the entry gates with IS on either side and then the helix would be you circling the Tower. The part the slows down could be the replica of the Wild Animal Habitat. The drop down aqueduct part could be like you're going down into the Royal fountains. The dark part could have elements from all the previous dark rides, back to the original Enchanted (never can think of the second part)... And plant some grass seed and trees!!