July 13th

chaotichazard

Me and my cousin(same one from the last two) went there to PKI yesterday. We arrived at 11:00am. We got through the metal detectors(sp?) with no problem this time. We get our special ticket(carowinds pass thing) and go through the gates. First we head to Viking Fury and ride in the very first/last row(depending on how you look at it). Lets just say I left my stomach up there. After VF we went to Spongebob in 3D. I noticed while watching spongebob how the quality of the film has gone down since when they first got it. After that we noticed it was clouding up so we went to Scooby and the Haunted Castle. The first thing I noticed was that none of the guns in our little vehicle thing were working, so we just enjoyed the ride. By now its 1:00pm so we go to feasthaus(sp?) and get some pizza. After we ate we rode Racer/recaR. Yet again backwards seemed alot more bumpy than forwards. After Racer we tried to go to bumpercars but I was too tall for the things so I just watched my cousin(I was cramped in the car.). After that we rode WWC. Then my cousin went to go ride Danny Phatom Flyers. When he waas done with that we walked over to the Avatar ride and wanted to ride it but the line was somewhat long. By now its 3:30pm so we head to Boomerange Bay. And this time we remembered our trunks. So we rent a locker and put our stuff in and head to the wavepool. After awhile in the wave pool we went to Tazmaniana Typhoon I think its called. We waited 20 minutes to get on that but it was worth it. My cousin then wanted to do some water slides so he did some(I can't do water slides because I have ear plugs and the fall out very easy). By now it was 5:00pm so we headed back to the main park and rode recaR. At this point I'm tired of walking around so we leave the park.

That about wraps it up for this Trip Report.

I always am astounded at the better quality of both the print and the motions (including the 4D effects), when I ride Spongebob in a park in a non-Paramount chain. I remain astounded that a park operating under the name of a movie studio did such astoundingly poor things in the movie/entertainment department. The lowpoint had to be that making of a movie show a few years back in the Paramount Theater. It was so bad that it was unintentionally and hysterically funny.