rollercoaster you would like to see gone

screamingnight

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Days Of Thunder needs to stay. Its a good ride and doesnt take up alot of gas. And the karts are made more for adults. I drive go karts all the time and them shouldnt be called jr karts. They make too much money on them to remove them anyway. I love Days Of Thunder. The rides that should go are Top Gun & SOB. With the room PKI has they can build like 5 or 6 more coasters plus 3 more themed areas. They should build like another woodie that goes though the woods. Makes for a better ride.

Days Of Thunder needs to stay. Its a good ride and doesnt take up alot of gas. And the karts are made more for adults. I drive go karts all the time and them shouldnt be called jr karts. They make too much money on them to remove them anyway. I love Days Of Thunder. The rides that should go are Top Gun & SOB. With the room PKI has they can build like 5 or 6 more coasters plus 3 more themed areas. They should build like another woodie that goes though the woods. Makes for a better ride.

Not to be rude or anything but you have to be joking right? Your are the only person I heard of that like Days Of Thunder. I dont think KI has enough room for 5 coasters.

Only about half the acreage at Kings Island is developed. There's plenty of space for coasters...if that is what Cedar Fair wanted to do...

But, look for lodging and things that make money OUTSIDE the park long before you look for big new coasters at Kings Island, In my humble opinion, anyway....

In my opinion they should be concentrating on coasters more than outside the park. They already have a Kings Island Resort center and I have been there and the room are pretty neat.

Except I'd rather like to see a neat Downtown Disney-esque shopping district behind Great Wolf Lodge than see half a forest go and a 300-foot B&M stick out like a sore thumb.

It would help to start expanding outside the park because, other than PKI and The Beach, there's pretty much NOTHING else to do (except drive another 10-15 miles to go to the Rave theater). Might I suggest transforming Kings Mills Rd. into a mini-Strip filled with quirky attractions (Challenge Park, Mini-Golf, possibly a small midway amusement park a'la Santa Monica Pier), neat restaurants (Rainforest Cafe', Red Lobster) and other stuff?

Oh yeah, and Top Gun doesn't need to DIE. Maybe Face-Off, but then that would be a brutal maiming. But Top Gun is too fun to be taken out.

....unless they make it longer and have cooler-looking trains, or design an intuitive Floorless beast shorter than 125 feet.

In my opinion they should be concentrating on coasters more than outside the park.  They already have a Kings Island Resort center and I have been there and the room are pretty neat.

Except I'd rather like to see a neat Downtown Disney-esque shopping district behind Great Wolf Lodge than see half a forest go and a 300-foot B&M stick out like a sore thumb.

It would help to start expanding outside the park because, other than PKI and The Beach, there's pretty much NOTHING else to do (except drive another 10-15 miles to go to the Rave theater). Might I suggest transforming Kings Mills Rd. into a mini-Strip filled with quirky attractions (Challenge Park, Mini-Golf, possibly a small midway amusement park a'la Santa Monica Pier), neat restaurants (Rainforest Cafe', Red Lobster) and other stuff?

Oh yeah, and Top Gun doesn't need to DIE. Maybe Face-Off, but then that would be a brutal maiming. But Top Gun is too fun to be taken out.

....unless they make it longer and have cooler-looking trains, or design an intuitive Floorless beast shorter than 125 feet.

Would would rather have some money wasters than a great B&M? Also why would you want it less than 125 feet? In my opinion it needs to be more than 125 feet. And you want Face/Off gone? Usually the lines are at LEAST over an hour long.

I have been to Dorney Park several times. I have ridden the Laser, it`s a unique coaster. Not too many of these coasters are left in the U.S.A. Millenium Force is my favorite giga coaster in the USA. I`ll try Face Off again in the fall. Maybe I was just too hot or dehydrated, but I grayed out on it from pulling too many g forces.

Not to be rude or anything but you have to be joking right? Your are the only person I heard of that like Days Of Thunder. I dont think KI has enough room for 5 coasters.

I am not joking. I love Days Of Thunder. I am a big go kart freak. You just have to know where to start at and where to race at on the ride. Works everytime.

I am not joking. I love Days Of Thunder. I am a big go kart freak. You just have to know where to start at and where to race at on the ride. Works everytime.

Actually no it doesn't. I usually ****ed all the rednecks off by slowing down their car from the control booth. Only to have the grandmas win....Ah good times.

Just take out all of the pay for rides like Days of Thunder and the other two. They take up alot of room and I have already paided to get in the park and for the rides. If your going to have pay for rides sell tickets and a all day pass that way you can keep cost down for people to get in. If you have been to Kennywood Park or any other park that still sells tickets you what I am talking about.

Edited by Vortex

Actually no it doesn't. I usually ****ed all the rednecks off by slowing down their car from the control booth. Only to have the grandmas win....Ah good times.

laugh.gif I didn't even know you could actually control speed.! laugh.gif

You can remotely control the the individual cars from the drive box so that you can idle their engines. The classic line from the rednecks "My car was too slow. Y'all need to put bigger engines in them." Not realizing it was me that was slowing them down...Idiots

Thing is i had one of the ops do that to see if it works when it was just me and another person. Lets just say that didnt work. I still won. Lol. It was due to the fact that it was where the other guy was. If you are at the very bottom of the track next to the steel and tire wall, you will win the race every time cause there is no banking there and the others cant be too close or they will hit you or they will have to back off the gas. You just have to know where to start and where to go when you race. I been known to do 3 or 4 wide depending on the way the go kart track is shaped. And Days Of Thunder doesnt take up much space. I get alot of good jobs from the ride ops alot when i drive the karts. It would be cool if they had a coaster go over the track. It would make it cool to see the trains going by while driving the karts.